BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ooo! Hasbro MAKE ME A BOTBOT SUPPOSITORY.

C'mon, you've done (or WERE going to do) a piece of poop. You can do a suppository. You can even redeco it into a pilllllll...aaaaaand I just realized now why they haven't done that shape.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    TBH I like that it's it's own thing but also would have no problem if they also were to do some stories that overlapped. I mean, in IDW1.0, especially in James Roberts stuff, particularly in the Functionist Universe they explored the idea of bots with non vehicle altmodes who turned into everyday objects which was almost BotBots.

One of the biggest shames IMO is that BotBots wasn't around when MTMTE/LL was still going, because if any of the IDW comics could have worked them in it was that. I like to imagine a 'lost episode' where the Lost Light passes through an Energon cloud and suddenly they find a bunch of their gear has transformed and is running amuck and Rodimus immediately blames Brainstorm :lol 

Ultimately, one of the things I LOVE about Transformers is how it's a setting which can tell a wide variety of stories and have a wide variety of tones and it just... works. I'm hard pressed to think of many other fictional universes where that's true.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hell yeah! Got my Series 5 singles at a Dollar Tree on Long Island! Now give me Series 6 already Hasbro!!!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    Do we know if Series 6 was ever even made, or if it might have been lost over the side in one of any number of container ship incidents? Those conexes aren't held together by much...
    How Shipping Containers are Stacked on Cargo Ships - American Trailer Rentals

Not to mention that right now Long Beach has a month's wait for ships entering harbor to get a pier slip, and once tied up right now they're taking a month to unload each ship IIRC, and similarly slow about getting containers moved from the intermodal yards onto truck/train...

5. Diamondback

News Credits:
    [​IMG] *rolling eyes*

:p 

• Like Like x 2
  6. Paradox Factor

Paradox Factor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Given we have only seen the leaked checklist so far with no evidence to figures, I'd guess they haven't been made yet. I'll admit, just guesses but I'd lay money on it being a mix of the pandemic causing producing delays/stoppage and the upcoming series making them re-evaluate this series. The leaked vehicles seem to point to this, as while it's hard to tell they seem themed off the Greaser Gang and Techie Team. Both are Series 1 and 2 tribes and while it's just a guess more likely to show in the Netflix show earlier then the latter teams. Will we get Series 6? Total guess on my part I'll admit, but I'd put it 50/50 and if it does happen they'll show up in discount stores I'd wager.

7. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Tuesday morning around me are pretty picked over but they're the last places I know that got w5 5packs.

8. Diamondback

News Credits:
    Around Seattle TM apparently never got any, when I asked the clerk... well, let's just say "huh WHUUUUUUUUUU? Oh, never seen those."

• Like Like x 1
  9. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
  10. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
  11. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 5
  12. insertblank

insertblank Well-Known Member

Popped in to a dollar tree in Exton PA and they had 2 full cases.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Prime77

Prime77 Until next time…

Give thanks for Mr. Memory Banks!
    54FD7A93-1C4C-4719-B72D-96145B5A545B.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  14. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Or like Carly hires a babysitter for li'l Daniel in '94 and puts him in his crib, and beside him is Crib Watch, who turns out to be the babysitter.

Or OR or Laceface sits at the sports store window as multiple Transformers almost buy him. Tap-Out brought Glyph toin the store to try getting her into a sport, then Eject picked him up, but ultimately passed on him. The one that finally bought him was Blitzwing(who still couldn't even fit in the door)

OR when on an important case, Nightbeat tries a partner to help out: Sprinkleberry D'uhnut, whom is the Pinky to Nightbeat's Brain.

I have a ton more ideas!

• Like Like x 7
  15. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    I'd love to hear them! :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  16. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    20210624_165931.jpg 20210624_165944.jpg 20210624_170015.jpg 20210624_165958.jpg

(I love that I've got three lil botbots with frightened faces. Also, stupid auto-correct.)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  17. insertblank

insertblank Well-Known Member

Hey all I have another strange update. I went hunting in a few dollar trees in the Philadelphia suburbs and found an entire case of unmarked single packs.[​IMG]

Not sure if this is a production error or what but if you're willing to take a bet on these, if they exist elsewhere, number one is the furthest back on the left and you can pretty easily count out which is which.

Also I found these not in the toy aisle but the seasonal aisle.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Prime77

Prime77 Until next time…

Face Ace in the space.
    F96125BE-7F4F-4E78-B6D3-3E1AC68AEC07.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  19. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    No Botbots at my dollar tree

20. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    -TFP Bumblebee encounters Outtacontrol trying to steal vintage video game disks/cartridges and tries to tell Raf, but no voice, and every time Raf looks, Outtacontrol is in alt mode. Bumblebee points to the controller, and Raf thinks he wants him to play a game with him. Bumblebee eventually catches the Botbot stealing a catridge, but it transforms into Skillz Punk. Bumblebee lets them go in defeat, then Raf comes in asking where his new controller and game went.

-G1 Grimlock comes back with a can of spoiled fish he found in a dumpster, which transforms into Sardank. Grimlock likes him and makes him an honorary Dinobot, but Snarl insists that he's just a fish. Grimlock invites Sardank for a dangerous mission, but Snarl protests. On the battlefield, Snarl constantly protects Sardank from heavy enemy fire and crumbling debris. Grimlock misunderstands the situation at the end of the battle, and credits Sardank as the MVP.

-Nightracer meets Unilla Icequeencone, who claims to be the monarch of a vast, powerful kingdom, and she wants her kingdom to ally with the Decepticons. Nightracer, not having experience with diplomacy, reluctantly agrees, as it will impress Megatron. When The two drive into a warehouse to its freezer section full of frozen treats dressed up as people, Unilla introduces it as her kingdom.

-Soundblaster wakes up in the parking lot of a musical instrument store and meets the Music Mob. They offer to help him go find his cassetticons and make it back to the Decepticon Earth base. He scans a nearby Ford Thunderbird, becoming G2 Soundwave before going on a short road trip with the Music Mob. Musical shenanigans ensue.

-Bayformer Drift finds a young post-protoform Windblade who wants to train with the katana. Drift then wants to introduce her to the Earthling who trained him. He takes her to see his mentor, who turns out to be Sensei Spiny.

• Like Like x 4