BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. There D Hood

There D Hood Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    They could make new Lost Bots for the cartoon but considering they were replaced with Winner's Circle for the toys, unless the toys go back to Lost Bots which technically weren't anything unique to begin with, then they should just use the existing ones for the cartoon.

Depending on if the bios/sticker book are "canon", they would be fools to just throw out all those designs and characters in favor of all new ones. I imagine some of the old characters have to be in the show especially because some of them are just iconic to existing Botbots fans and have so much potential.

As for the toys I don't know what's the correct answer here. If they use the old Botbots in the cartoon which I assume they will, their toys will also need to be accessible for new fans. But for existing fans like us, we would avoid them like the plague unless they go Arcade Renegade-style packs with new and old figures which would be awful for us. Then again the supposed series 6 is mostly a disappointment for me with all the repaints so pick your poison. I guess repaints are better than rereleases unless you missed out on certain ones.

Hasbro also really needs to reconfigure how they distribute the figures across products or just make these easier to collect. Make less Botbots per series or make every product two per case to provide more access so one person doesn't take all the good/unique stuff leaving the shelfwarmer packs. What a horrible model we've been following for five series...

• Like Like x 1
  2. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    I just wish Hasbro would make finding the single packed figures easier to find. First series was fine but after that oh boy.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Strafe

Strafe Secretary of Balloon Doggies

News Credits:
    I’ll keep an eye out for you, the store I went to had only one of each pack on the Easter goodies shelf but I don’t doubt that they received multiple cases because they’ve been putting out Jurassic World stuff while it flies off the shelves.
    Are there any specific ones you’re looking for from those packs, if none of the other Kroger stores have the Cardio Clique?

By the way, and I realize this is very old news, but what is the deal with Richmond Cakesmore? He has the most unintentionally hilarious expression in the line. Like just this dull, vacant expression as if you tried to explain the end of Evangelion to him.

[​IMG]

Just needs a little bit of paint.

• Like Like x 11
  4. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    Singles I'm looking for #1-3, #6, and #8-11. Mostly with the packs it's the "unique to that pack" figures; I need to open my spreadsheet again and see what the other dozen-ish I'm down are. Anything new Jurassic? Up here we're mostly bare shelves and early Primal Attack; Styracosaurus and Scutosaurus are particular interests, along with this year's new releases.

5. Strafe

News Credits:
    Nothing too new, just some Snap Squad with an adorable Bumpy. (Edit: Just looked those up and crikey, some people are asking for obscene prices on those)

Yeah, we didn’t get the singles. From the reports, it sounded like Grocery Outlet was the only grocery.... outlet that was selling those. My Kroger only had the five packs, but they had all of them. All I needed to close out series five were H2-Ego and Cakesmore.

6. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    Distro sucked on the entire first year of Snap Squad, even by the standards of "normal Mattel Jurassic" suck. H2-Ego and Cakesmore are two of my To Finds...

7. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I happened to walk down the baby/toy aisle in the local Kroger just now and found a peg of Botbot 5-packs! Not in the Easter aisle, the regular toy aisle! Never seen them there before. So that's a thing. (They're Series 3. But whatever.)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    2021-03-06_07-59-14-305.jpeg 2021-03-06_08-03-31-035.jpeg 2021-03-06_08-04-26-323.jpeg 20210306_080739.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  9. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, this guy has been making basically an animated Botbots webcomic - came up in searches today. Thought I'd share.

10. Tygar128

Tygar128 Well-Known Member

thats really....quite horrible

• Like Like x 1
  11. CoryG929

CoryG929 New Member

Does anyone have the card backing for the Retro Replays? Would really appreciate it

12. There D Hood

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I don't believe Retro Replays has any five and eight packs. Techie Team would be the closest thing.

13. Strafe

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I started a Twitter account with the intent to post one new Botbots character every day for an entire year, and pad it out with any photos I've taken in the last two years. In the first week, I've accrued a few follows and retweets. If anyone has anything there they want featured, I'm open to anything that celebrates these tiny plastic marvels. I'm probably a year late, but I've been wanting to do this for a while now. Or if you have anything you're proud of that you'd want to submit, you'll be given full credit. There's entirely too much creativity in the fandom for it to all come from one dude. Anyone who wants to follow along, the account is here:

https://twitter.com/botbots365/status/1370719949363220480?s=20

(I had to fix the eyes, the app was doing weird stuff with the tears)
    Also! I made a Plopfather logo from the Godfather one, mostly to amuse myself. No one even references the thing any more, outside of the elderly.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  14. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    Followed!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Strafe

News Credits:
    Oh yes, I follow back!
    Was pleasantly surprised to have some good reviews so far from people, with a few generous retweets. My cup runneth over, but eventually I do expect that I'll run out of content. And I've got over 300 unique Botbots, but I don't quite have the full 365 needed for an entire year. So hopefully we'll be seeing whatever potential new stuff that will run alongside the Netflix show around Summer/Fall.

If anyone has any suggestions for which Botbots would best correspond with certain days, for example, I had Hawt Mess on the account's first Taco Tuesday. I showcased Chief Cherry for Pi Day, and so on. I'm all ears, because I really can't remember how many of these arbitrary holidays there are, which one is donut day, which is pizza day, there are a lot of them to keep straight. Right now, I just plot out who I want to feature on which day using the calendar in my phone.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh that’s you on Twitter! I thought some of those photos seemed familiar. Good stuff!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Beastbot X

Beastbot X It's a hobby. Remember to have some perspective.

News Credits:
    Welp, I'm not sleeping tonight, am I?

• Like Like x 1
  18. There D Hood

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I find the lack of Peels the Monkey disturbing.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Strafe

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  20. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    20210331_112052.jpg

• Like Like x 8