BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Well that would explain all the new listings on ebay.

2. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    Sadly, the Kroger affiliate here only got up to Series 3 and has purged them from the shelves.

3. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    The botbots premise sounds cute

• Like Like x 3
  4. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    any word on when series 6 hits the shelves?

5. Diamondback

News Credits:
    LOLWUT? Series FIVE hasn't seen a full distribution other than limited via liquidators and craptastic stock at Target/Amazon, and you're chomping at the bit on Six?

• Like Like x 2
  6. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Technically theres no confirmation that Series 6 will be released. The "leaked images" were hidden away on a spot somewhere on a Hasbro site where they weren't really supposed to be easily found. Judging from the thing on top where it says "x amount of figures out in 2020", they were intended to be released last year but obviously didn't because of delays from Covid probably. With a show confirmed one would think the toy line would be continued to support the show acourse, but again at this time nothing officially has come from Hasbro saying the line will continue/be out with these Series 6 figures. Don't get me wrong I'm all for more and love this line. But nothings official yet thats its gonna happen and be on the shelves within a certain time because technically they don't officially exist yet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tygar128

Tygar128 Well-Known Member

Its possible Hasbro will see if the show does well and can revive the line before they decide to make series 6 into reality lol. If the show bombs and ratings dont generate enough interest the line will die.
    But if the line's survival depends on the show I can already see it wont do so well. Lets say the show does really well but ppl wont be able to go get the toys from series 1-3 anymore. They might find some series 4-5, but even those are now slowly disappearing from the stores. So it will be difficult for kids or new collectors to suddenly jump in and start buying the figures from series 4/5 and not even be able to find complete sets. And with the current situation due to covid ppl wont be able to go around as easily to hunt for toys.
    If the series had come when series 1 or 2 of the toy was introduced it would have worked. But at this point I dont see it as a possible comeback for the toy line. Im not saying its impossible, but the chances are sorta slim.

8. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Easy for me to say (realities of production + Covid), but would it make sense to just re-release various bots and packs from S1-5? Either straight re-releases of what's been offered before, or do special "remix" packs. Or they could just give Series 5 a proper release and start getting Series 6 and the toilets out there. Or both.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  9. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean all this assumes that the series will star Botbots from older series. For all we know the series could be about Series 6-8 Botbots or whatever.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Venixion

News Credits:
    There's too many, so they will probably stick from a few from each tribe. That's my guess.

11. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Or... they release complete series sets without the blindbag searching crap for new collectors, while giving all us hunters the finger for our time.

Man, that was a fucked up thought... something hasbro marketing has probably already thought of.

Remember the arcade renegades fiasco? We didn't need more series 1 duplicates, but they did it anyway.:confused: 

• Like Like x 2
  12. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Re-releases seems highly likely if they need to, or just re-releasing specific characters or whatever. Hasbro has form with Transformers on that.

Judging by the blurb, the main characters are the Lost Bots, which is smart because it means they can have characters thematically tied to multiple tribes without tying themselves down too much and can have characters from different tribes/waves appear as and when they want them to.

TBH I wonder if Hasbro will do a soft reboot of the line with a mix of re-releases, new figs etc.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Strafe

Strafe Secretary of Balloon Doggies

News Credits:
    Okay, after a look at some of the people who are writing this, I'm optimistic that this could be pretty fun.
    How we feelin', Botbots fandom?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Small aside, I actually got this for Jazz:

[​IMG]

But Quackles holds it fairly well if you lean him back a little for balance.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  14. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Diamondback

News Credits:
    Kinda sad that they can't get figure, book and media releases on something approximating a synchronized schedule... more mindshare is good, but when it's only isolated onesy-twosy things like the Lost Bots book without a bigger media presence backing 'em up people tend to shrug and think "obv no more coming, why should I waste thought on this?"

Botbots cartoon should have been planned in parallel with the figures to launch at the same time.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Venixion

News Credits:
    That is so cute!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Strafe

Strafe Secretary of Balloon Doggies

News Credits:
    They’re at Kroger in Texas as well, I got the last Cardio Clique pack I needed. I’ll keep an eye out for other stores stocking them, only had time to visit one.

18. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well the Netflix cartoon is supposed to come out in the third quarter of this year so that’s around November. I imagine we’ll probably see new figures around then too.

19. Diamondback

News Credits:
    If you happen to see Cardio 1 or Party 2 (the one with Shifty Gifty), or the singles, might you be open to a sale/trade? I think another member here has Cardio 2 that we have to close deal on.

• Like Like x 1
  20. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    That's me with the Cardio 2 for you. Haven't seen anything since I picked that up unfortunately.