BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Max Cross

Max Cross In-And-Out Spy

Yeah probably works like Beast Wars.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The story of BotBots is that Energon rained down on the mall and turned everything in it into Transformers, so if it was a real gold fish that was turned into a Transformer then I hope there was no humans in the mall.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    Also did no one notice that Awwoof was a dog in a cage, which would mean when the Energon rained down on the mall the dog got fused to the cage it was in and was turned into a transformer?

• Like Like x 2
  4. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Likely same way as we had waves 1-2-3 in 2019, we were supposed to have 4-5-6 during 2020, but the virus pandemic delayed the waves.
    I assume with the new show coming and the Dinobot Botbot set listing, we will have more waves/series for 2021 too.
    I was disappointed by the lack of new molds too, but on the other hand, I am glad some very good molds we have not seen re-done before are getting a reuse like Burgertron, Nail Byter, Fun Gus and Hamurai.

I asked this in the news topic too, but what is the new Magic Trickster guy? That tube illusionists pull endless lines of handkerchiefs out of? :D 
    And what is the giant meatball? Is that some asian food I am not aware of?
    The Weeping Dragon doesn't look like food either, more like the pink flowered almond trees Japan is famous for.
    And it's weird why is a piece of (I assume plastic) poop in the Gifted Guild, who are otherwise all various (plastic?) gemstones.

I only noticed after zooming in, I was wondering what a VR goggle is doing in a pet shop. Curious, but could be he is actually just a display of a dog there. :D 
    I am more wondering about what the High Roller repaint is doing there. Are there any pets you need baby carriages for? Chimpanzees maybe? :D 
    Glad to see the blender is getting a non-gold version. A friend of mine told me the Fittness Monster repaint is a weight belt, likely. But what could the rolling pin repaint be? Some sort of weight?

Or could be one of those rubber/plastic toy fishes you give to cats?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    The art for the Pet Mob on Amazon has him in a fish tank which hints at him having been a real fish.

6. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are more photos of the sets I posted before. One shows the diamond being in one of the transparent balls too, and I think the stacks of money too.

He could have climbed inside. I mean we have Flat Flour Face in water too on the Bakery Bytes art, doesn't mean he is an aquatic rolling pin. :D 
    But I supposes it is possible, since we know non-living meat can turn into Botbots...

7. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    As well as living plants.

8. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Completist No More

News Credits:
    Some people will "walk" their (small) dogs in what's essentially a baby carriage, but with no seat belt and instead a mesh cage around the carriage to keep the dog in. One of my parent's friends brings her miniature dachshund everywhere in it.

I wish I was joking.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They ALL float down here! Whoo-haaah! :D 
    Speaking of which, we really need a balloon Botbot for the Magic Tricksters. I know the fart pillow repaint is kinda that but I mean the regular round rubber balloon, not that aluminium foil party balloon.

... Man, what a weird world.
    "Corn Cobb Man?... There are a lot of sick people in this town."

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Going by the name Abner 8-Pack, he's an ab roller.

11. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For a moment I assumed you meant Pizza Steve, from Uncle Grandpa. Sure that show is over, but they could really do a Duderoni repaint. :D 
    How does rolling a metal bar on your abs make them stronger? I thought you do that by sit-ups. :D  Sorry I am not a fitness nut, so I never heard of these things...

12. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    You don't roll it on your abs, you kind of... imagine you're a bicycle and the ab roller is the front wheel. Then I guess you kind of arch your back? I don't work out either but an image search for ab roller seems to be depicting this activity.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tygar128

Tygar128 Well-Known Member

im assuming the meatball is supposed to be japanese hamburger patties
    The Weeping Dragon seems to a forced rendition of japanese pickles which u often get with japanese curry and beef rice bowls (like at Yoshinoya)
    BTW in Japan those trees are cherry blossom trees, NOT almond trees. They are called Sakura blossoms. Its their national flower

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    Well, Gifted Guild implies one of those cheap tacky gift shops, replete with joke pop and costume jewellery.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    That's kinda jacked up.

16. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    The Pet Mob is the most grim and dark tribe from BotBots so far if you think about it.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    Ohh, he's supposed to be fake poop! Well, that makes it ALL better! :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  18. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, so basically then you use it like you would if you were Cy-Kill, you "transform" and keep the wheel in your hands? :D 
    Aka, the Gobot-fitness.

Ah, cherry. I am stupid. Confused them. Sorry.
    Japan has hamburgers? I assumed that's like the American national food. Curious. It seems to have green streaks inside the meat, so maybe has wasabi on it?

I assumed they were a jewelry store with those diamonds and rubies, but you are right.
    Though it makes me wonder what the Winner's Circle is, then. Maybe they were normal Botbots until one night another meteor struck, this one being Electrum? :D 

19. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Well I've counted 12 that I HAVE A MIGHTY NEED!!.gif for.

Looking like Gil, Slogre, Drizzlefluff Tinkletail, Rainbow Smileypop, and The IMMORTAL MEAT are my must gets. I like the idea behind Ducky Splinters but I can't really make out the face fully.

Yeah they have quite a few places that sell burgers actually. Although being Japanese I'd guess it was a Hamburg Steak and not a hamburger. Similar but different, it's more liken to what we call Salisbury steak in America. To be quite honest I thought based on the name it was a play on those non-meat alternative burger patties. :shrug

No idea on what The Weeping Dragon is supposed to be. Considering Hitobochi Heat being food related I thought it might be like one of those meat mountain rice bowls you see around Japan. The overall shape though makes me think more of a Japanese maple tree, which honestly looks more like a bush. Doubt it's a Bansai Tree.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    Hamburgers are named after the city of Hamburg in Germany, where they’re thought to have been invented! They’re global, don’t cha know!

See also Frankfurters (Frankfurt, Germany), Wieners (Wien, a.k.a Vienna, Austria), Mayonnaise (Mahon, Spain), Sardines (Sardinia, Italy) and so on.

• Like Like x 1