BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    Been following this line closely here, but local releases fizzled out even before the pandemic hit.

I think at this point it might be more wise to just swallow my pride and ask for help.

If anyone is [1] able to SAFELY go out in this mess and [2] in an area where stores have a good selection of 4 and 5, preferably clearanced lol but beggars can't be choosers, please PM me. Or just mention it here, and I'll take my shameless wheedling to you. I have Paypal, if that helps.

I'm not holding my breath for these making it over here anymore, as the last I heard of it was a friend claiming in February that a believably-knowledgeable sales rep told him we'd be getting series 4 this year. And rolling the dice on online stores isn't nearly as good an option.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Battle Masters are done with Doublecrosser.

3. LinkNZ

LinkNZ Galvatron From The Headmasters Dub

I'm from New Zealand, we seem to have just been sent a bunch of stuff all at once. But hey, not complaining, just weird how its feast of famine it seems. We get nothing for ages then suddenly a whole bunch at once lol.

4. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The leaks from Kingdom suggested there would still be some, turning into dinosaur weapons.
    And that leaked sheet showed two more armor/ramp guys after Doublecrosser, in CGI format. Given how the rest of that sheet was true in predictions...
    2020-Earthrise Leaaks.jpg
    In general, it is bigger, expensive toys that shelfwarm a lot in stores, not the small cheap items. TTCs are also always sold out everywhere I go. Still could not find Shrapnel and Chromia.

Yeah that's how it often goes. We just got a lot of Cyberverse stuff too, here.

5. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    BM's and MM's are in Earthrise, but the rumbling is in Kingdom they'll be replaced with the new $15US-pricepoint "Core" asst.

I should note that I'm mainly talking about the US retail market, also. I'd suspect a main driver in this is that Walmart seems to be spiking anything below $10 across the board except their "house brands" and pretty-much-spike-proof Matchbox and Hot Wheels.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Michael Payton

News Credits:
    When Wal-mart stop stocking entire price points, Hasbro stops making those price points. Any other BM molds outstanding will get burned off in box sets or Asian/Europe/SoAm releases, like always. If they even exist, which is doubtful.

7. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    OTOH, Walmart dumped Botbots and TTC's entirely while Target and other channels press on, even if slow-walking 'em.

DM me your wishlist--I got a couple other deals I gotta get off my ass and get finished, but Wave 4 is droppin' like fresh at a couple stores here, and between that and my surplus maybe we can make something happen. Dunno where you're from, but international shipping will probably suck.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    Thank you so much. PM sent.

9. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Have any stores been clearancing BotBots? My Targets still stock them, but I've never seen any sales (though my area Targets rarely get the same sales others report), and outside of some stuff on Amazon being discounted, I don't recall much else online (though I could be forgetting).

I went out to Target last weekend and managed to grab Face Ace, so I'm a Zwonkey Donkey away from wrapping up Series 4 blind bag exclusives, and they also had Series 3 8-packs out. Sadly the one key Fresh Squeezes pack with Granny McBag was gone, but the one of three key Goo Goo Groupies packs I was missing was there, so I'm just the Fresh Squeezes pack and a few of the blind bag exclusives away from wrapping up that series too.

I've still yet to see Series 2 at retail except once earlier this year, yet to see Series 5 blind bags or five-packs at all, and it's been (understandably) a long time since I saw anything Series 1 on shelves. My local Targets seemed to get a few of the Series 5 8-pack cases but no re-stocks.

10. Strafe

Strafe Secretary of Balloon Doggies

News Credits:
    The only place that I’ve been to that has them on clearance is a Dollar General, but they only stocked up through series four. Great way to pick up some singles you might have missed, though.

• Like Like x 2
  11. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I heard that "Core" will be the same price point as Micromasters, and they are Legends class sized, but Battlemasters would still continue.

12. Dustritis

Dustritis mouthplate enthusiast

ima_2a58005.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  13. Michael Payton

News Credits:
    Battlemasters are done. Reconfirmed on the BW Generations thread just a few minutes ago.
    Generations: Beast Wars - Speculation

14. Xelotah

Xelotah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Regarding the Claw Machine and Gumball Machine packs: where's the number that you can use to tell the two variants apart located? I found some today, looked them over, and failed to find it.

15. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    See below.

• Claw Machine Surprise Unboxing (6-pack #1)
    Blurry Murray, Crabby Grabby, Goldface, Miss Mixed, Mr. Memory Banks, Skitter Chatter, 4 stickers

• Claw Machine Surprise Unboxing (6-pack #2)
    Blurry Murray, The Cobbler, Gold Dexter, Milton, Skitter Chatter, Snotty Stem, 4 stickers

• Gumball Machine Surprise Unboxing (6-pack #1)
    Crumbly Yumbly, Disaster Master, Fancy Flutter, Goldsferatu, Snore N'More, Movie Munchster, 4 stickers

• Gumball Machine Surprise Unboxing (6-pack #2)
    Fancy Flutter, Frostfetti Frostyface, Game Older, Goldenberry D'uhnut, King Cubano, Smore N'More, 4 stickers

• Like Like x 2
  16. Xelotah

Xelotah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All right, I'll check the post, won't be relevant until Sunday anyway.

17. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    48F08061-48A8-4F59-99CB-B4B39824C0B6.jpeg 00FE4DBC-39D6-41DB-B511-A86D3C75273F.jpeg A3543DFF-9837-4B8C-91AF-F4DD5F1FFF04.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  18. The Analog Ninja

The Analog Ninja Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Bot Bots Review -
    Watch as I catch Bot-Bots-Fever in another rapid-fire review! I take a crack at a whole stack of this things and see if they're worth the dough! Please like and subscribe if you want to see more!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    E6D2DFED-751E-4E05-AE50-368C410D5462.jpeg 0DC72D15-1E00-47BF-8B19-E0AC0948FA24.jpeg D90C103D-F181-4DAF-916C-2EBE4728CCAB.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  20. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Titan comics
    I found this recently... Apparently the Titan comics that started around RID and continued into Cyberverse in the UK had a Botbot themed issue with free figures. Anyone knows about this?

Until I see the offical Hasbro listings, anything that goes on that topic is just speculation. To me it would seem very strange that they would can their smallest and most lucrative size/price class. Parents buy that most of the time. It's the larger toys that stay on shelves for the longest (see The Ark or Stomp and Chomp Grimlock). Heck even now our Müllers are still stocked to the brim with Siege Springers and Starscreams, while Battlemasters and Micromasters are all but gone. This size class has existed since TR already, as well.