BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    Singles in Canada? I have a few JP buddies around Toronto who owe me favors...

2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Eye-Goon > Perceptor

News Credits:
    I was talking mostly about Series 3 Tiny Turbo Changers-- those SEEM to be more common than Series 5 Botbots, from eBay listings. I have seen some listings from Canada for Series 5 singles as well, but they seem to be MORE common/in greater supply in England.

3. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    I do love BotBots, but I’d be very relieved if the line has come to an end. The figures themselves are great, but as someone with a compulsive desire to ‘collect them all’, sometimes the hunt has been downright stressful (and expensive).

Ordering complete cases from the USA (plus the import tax that goes with it), hoping I don’t get outbid on eBay, hoping amazon sends me the ones I want, etc etc...

In a way, it’d almost be merciful if I didn’t have to go on another BotBot chase!

• Like Like x 1
  4. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I kind of agree. Still haven't finished series 5 and honestly I haven't even given half of the ones I have stashed away to my daughter yet, so I'm happy to spread those out over the next year as long as she still likes them. The prospect of hunting down more series, especially without the ease of "I'll just stop by Target any time I want to see what's new," just feels daunting.

5. There D Hood

There D Hood Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I would still like to pick up the series 4 and 5 figures I'm looking for (a tall order apparently...) but part of me wouldn't mind Botbots ending here.

Considering the only things from series 6 we know about are the ball boxes, good riddance? They were arguably fun gimmicks at a horrible price point and all four were mandatory for completionists. Like collecting these wasn't hard enough. The fact that they have less figures than the lower priced 8-packs was an insult.

It was a real fun ride and the most fun I've had with Transformers in a while. The creativity and thought that went into not only the figures but also giving most of them bios is a much appreciated effort. I'm glad they took a risk on something like this and hope it paid off for them to some extent.

6. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Part of a complete breakfast

News Credits:
    It’d be nice to have any info on Series 6 at this point (pictures of the multipacks, proof that it’s still being released), but I think that it’ll either be stocked at Target later in the year with no fanfare or quietly cancelled like the Overwatch toyline. I’m concerned because I haven’t seen any price tags for them in my local Target’s recent toy reset. If they have been cancelled, it’s just as well. Series 3 clogged the shelves in my area to the point that Series 4 and 5 were a slow trickle that quickly vanished, and even then I never saw the 5-packs for either wave.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  7. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    NO! You're all WRONG! Series 6 will be wonderful!

*sobs quietly in corner*

I want my Toilet-bot...

(Yes, I know they're just toys. I'm exaggerating. Point still stands, though. Botbots are wonderful enough I'm willing to deal with all the $&*# to get all of them. Plus it's just so wonderful to have a line of completely new characters when at least 95% of everything else released TF-wise nowadays are re-dos.)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think series 6 was only delayed, I don't think BotBots is ending anytime soon.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, if nothing else, Toy Wiz has preorders up for Series 5 single packs (ships September)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  11. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Tempting but I only need 8 singles to complete Series 5 (I got 4 of the other "recommended buys" from an 8-pack). Tough to justify $100 for 8 bots... Really was hoping to find a box at retail at some point.

12. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well given those listings for “revision cases” for series 3 and 4 single packs, I’d imagine the series 5 singles will be released in that manner eventually.

Really hoping that Series 6 is still coming. I liked the looks of some of the ones we’ve already seen.

• Like Like x 2
  13. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  14. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    *searches the site for Botbots*

Looks like it, unfortunately. Though it still should show up, just say "out of stock"...

15. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    That's weird. Yeah, usually it just goes to out of stock. That may mean it was put up by mistake and my order might be cancelled.

16. bearytrek

News Credits:
    well if they got it in, maybe EntertainmentEarth did too and its just a matter of time till they put it up...

17. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Dang. I should have ordered more. Hopefully EE or BBTS will get them. They'll be much cheaper if they do, haha.

18. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    Good news, Targets in my area are getting SIngles cases. Bad news, they're Series 4...

• Like Like x 2
  19. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even Unicron likes Botbots!
    Unicron9.webp.png
    He finds them downright delicious. Mmmmm.... :D 

Oh, I wish I found S4 singles yet. Here we only got S1-2 everywhere. Apparently I was super lucky to find that case of S3 singles, as they never reappeared in months since I got them.
    I got some 5 and 8-packs of S4 from a dutch website, and from an US friends, but singles, no such luck. I am wondering now if I should buy a whole case of S4 singles somehow, if that is even possible.

Well, we got S5 way too early, too soon after S4 was released. That's why the wait seems longer. But I think they only intended 2 series for this year, so likely S6 will come out in the autumn. We can maybe expect Hasbro to send out some to reviewers for unboxing then. The virus put a damper on these previews for many companies, Wizkids has not been sending out many D&D and Pathfinder boosters intended for the summer to miniature reviewers either.
    Overwatch had a toyline???
    Here, it is Fortnite, Fortnite everywhere... Thankfully Müller finally started moving them to the discount bins (they don't seem to sell... modern kids play games, not play with toys, it seems). Can't wait for GI Joe to come back proper and put these multicolored posers back in their places! :D 
    I ran into S3 Tiny Turbo Changers a lot, but I have no luck finding the 5 I cared about - only this week did I manage to get myself Dead End. Still missing Shrapnel, Arcee, Whirl and Chromia. Somehow they are always missing, and only reprints/repaints are left... odd 'cause I doubt many kids here know the codes. Random bad luck, likely.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. bearytrek

News Credits:
    He has good taste

• Like Like x 3