BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. KuleGuy123

KuleGuy123 Bot-Bot Lover. //This art ain't mine

I live in the White-Marsh area. The only series 4 Blindpacks I found were in The Canton when I was in the area

2. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    found series 5 eight-packs at Target, most of them (i.e. the important gold-pack ones) anyway...

also picked up some series 4 singles that I needed (my case from Toywiz is trapped in COVID-19 limbo at work since they stopped delivering internal mail)...

so the molds new to me:
    the takeout box is as weird as some have already mentioned, with the too-far-back arms...the udon bowl of noodles is okay enough...wish the noodles were drooping over the side more like in the artwork pics...

the black handweight...I think it might have been better not to do this one considering the pink dumbbells are such a good representation...the binoculars are a really nice shockwave-esque homage...love the antennae...

I really like the pressure cooker...it looks like a Borg-ified botbot! the gold blender is cool too...didn't know the top came off to become a shield...guess someday it'll be made in normal colors (maybe with clear mixing pitcher?)

the popcorn popper is a treat with the coloring...the camcorder is...something's just wrong about it in alt-mode...

the bunsen burner is cute, if a bit too simple...the safety goggles remind me of a 1950s era tin toy robot...the fishing rod I give 100% for effort...a weird looking guy which would be a tad better if his rod was longer (ba-dum-dump)...

as for the recolors:

the less said about the apple the better...the hotdog has a great skully grin...the green portable tabletop video game is striking in that hue...the green microscope a lot less so (what were they thinking with this one?)...a big meh on the umpteenth lollipop...

i love the colors on the backpack...the two shades of green, the contrasting orangey goggles...the crib isn't much of an improvement over the original...the meat grinder I had a heckuva time pulling the arms out...definitely more trouble than the pencil sharpener...

poo-shoo's goggles came off and I almost threw them away with the packaging! I thought it was weird there was a little movable piece like where the shoelaces should go but didn't think any more about it till I looked at the pic and realized a piece was missing...the sauce bottle redux has nothing new going on...

tempted to open the remaining packs I got to check out the book, cd player, the flask redeco, tv and boba drink recolors but those are available in the single packs...though I will have to hang onto them until at least April 16th since target isn't taking any returns until then so maybe I won't be able to hold out...that travel book bot is really tempting me...

so right now I'm down to three needed from series 4 (presumably eventually I'll get that box but in the meantime I do need the pinata, burrito and gold popcorn)

and if series 5 singles ever go up for sale I can finish off those too (i think I need thirteen...all five of the golds, the cdplayer, corn, taco, tv, boba, flask, book and fortune cookie)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Vexwing

Vexwing You are being deceived.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  4. bearytrek

News Credits:
    Whirl can't get any violence done without his morning cup o' joe

• Like Like x 2
  5. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is that made from Real American Heroes ?

• Like Like x 1
  6. CrabGrass

CrabGrass Shrapnel in a trench coat and sunglasses

News Credits:
    image.jpg

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 10
  7. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Hey guys, was finally having time to complete sets (thanks to quarantine) and when I got to series 3... I came to this dilemma.

20200329_195543.jpg

If the chocolate bar is the missing "X", then what is the box above the chocolate bar I marked for?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Uhhh... hmm.

I don't know. Maybe a mistake? Or maybe a conspiracy!

LIZARD PEOPLE!

• Like Like x 3
  9. CrabGrass

News Credits:
    It's Utah the Chameleon BotBot!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, this was actually asked when people were starting to complete Series 3 for the first time last year-- it's just an error, nothing more. There's 1 more checkbox than there are Botbots in Series 3.

• Like Like x 2
  11. There D Hood

There D Hood Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    And this is why we don't have Lost Bots anymore. Even Hasbro couldn't keep track of everybody.

• Like Like x 3
  12. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    I was trippin', looking all stupid hard at the shadowed arcade games by the box, trying to figure out if I miscalculated the renegades. :lol 

Thanks guys.

• Like Like x 2
  13. CrabGrass

News Credits:
    I ordered one of the Wilderness Troop packs because there was a 3/4 chance of me getting one I needed. Lo and behold I get the one I don't need!

14. bearytrek

News Credits:
    that's why I triple any order I place and return the unwanteds...

• Like Like x 1
  15. CrabGrass

News Credits:
    Well I only ordered one because I can’t really return anything right now.

16. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Truth. In my experience it's been 1/4 getting the one I actually need. Most recent case in point: I ordered 4x of the Movie Moguls 8-packs and 3x were duplicates of the SAME SET, the other one being the one I actually needed.

True, but I am going to contact Amazon and ask how I can return my extras other than dropping them off somewhere (i.e., either UPS pick up or give me a USPS label so my mailman can take them), I'm sure they can accommodate given the current situation.

TBH I usually do - and much prefer to - shop "in-person" for these at Target so I can just visually spot and grab the ones I want/need (and in fact, I did find MOST of Series 4 and 5 just before going into SafeAtHome mode) to avoid all of this, but right now I'm not going anywhere so it's just how it is. Rather just try and finish them off and figure out how to return extras later.

17. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Just noticed a pending charge for my series 5 eight packs on amazon that are supposed to be out tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Alijah

Alijah Active Member

A bed shop

Techie team crackz the laptop. Shiner mc swag the disco ball. Grandpa retro the old computer. Mr joy stick the headphones. Count tad the tadlet megabyte the computer mouse

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2020
  19. Max Cross

Max Cross In-And-Out Spy

We don't need Techie Team in Series 6 or beyond, they already had their run.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2020
  20. KuleGuy123

KuleGuy123 Bot-Bot Lover. //This art ain't mine

Am I the only person who’s slightly worried by the NYTF series 6 images? It seems like the line is going to go downhill after Series 5.