BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. CrabGrass

CrabGrass Shrapnel in a trench coat and sunglasses

I thought Party Goldster was a party hat.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Not gonna lie, Lieutenant Lo Mein looks awesome. There are more new molds in series 5 than I had expected.

• Like Like x 2
  3. rodney2000000

rodney2000000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hi guys just found 20 0f the 24 single series 5 packs didn't know if someone has listed the numbers yet so hope this helps
    1)UNKNOWN
    2)UNKNOWN
    3)UNKNOWN
    4)BRATWORST
    5)OUTTA ORDER
    6)DR.FRAUD
    7)REPTLIN SLEEPSTYLIN
    8)SPARKLIN GOLD
    9)GOLD DIGGER
    10)SUPER BUBS
    11) THE CORN CRUSADER
    12)LIGHTWEIGHT
    13) THE BREAKER OF FORTUNES
    14)JET SETTER
    15)BRASH BUTTERHEAD
    16)CAMCON
    17)DOCTOR FLICKER
    18)BOK BOK BOK-O
    19)YARD GUARD
    20)CHEEROS
    21)GLAM GLARE FANCY FLARE
    22)SKIPPY DIPPY DISC
    23)LUMBERING JACK
    24)UNKOWN

• Like Like x 8
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  4. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Eye-Goon > Perceptor

News Credits:

Thanks! Could you post pics if you have a decent camera?

And yeah, the gold ones there match the checklist... are there seriously going to be no gold ones in the 5-packs and in 7 out of the 8 8-packs? Hrrm....

6. Strafe

Strafe Secretary of Balloon Doggies

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Dumbbells are one-handed weights that allow you to swap out the plates, but they can also be the hexagonal free weights. Hand weights resemble smaller dumbbells and are typically used more with cardio exercise to add exertion. They’re not really for strength training, that’s why Bot-T-Builder is most likely a dumbbell. I’ve seen the terms interchanged, but the universally understood names for them are the ones I’ve outlined. Kettlebells are less nebulous, they’re the large round weights with the long, curved handle. That’s what the Botbot Lightweight is.
    :thumb 

Edit: Corrected Bot-T-Builder’s name

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am glad someone mentioned the Bubble Tea, as I was wondering what the heck it was too when it showed up in a Miraculous Fan Comic I was reading.

That Lab Computer thing in the Science Alliance set reminded me a bit of a DNA sequencer I'm curious to know what it's specifically based on though. It almost looks like a Retro 1980's Computer (from back before the IBM standard for PC's) It even reminded me a bit of something like a Coleco-Adam. I wonder if they will repaint it as a bit of retro-tech in another team.

I do agree that they might be over extending themselves on the sheer number of teams when some things could have fitted fine in existing teams. I understand them having some duplication due to the colourchange bots so you get Lawn League / Shed Heads being pretty similar.

But there is getting to be so many teams they seem to only be creating new ones for the sake of marketing them by the new team names, which is fine some of them like the Magic themed ones are perfectly fine. But there is starting to be a degree of duplication.

I do like the sheer obcurity of some of the things they are making or perhaps I should say the regionality of them.

I looked at the new ones, and though there is obviously some I like there isn't a huge number I instantly fell in love with either, I'll have to have another look, sometimes the ones you look when you have them in hand are different to the ones you expected to like, and other times ones you were looking forward too - were not as good as you expected due to some reason like not standing well or having heavily compromised articulation.

I'll have another look and a think before I get too specific - especially as I am not super familar with all that is in the wave 4 Multi-packs yet so I might not immediately recognise the new moulds yet. Heck I've not even had time to read all the Series 4 bios yet.

Also if I am not crazy isn't there now more Bot Bots out in less than 2 years than there was Toys of Transformers Characters in the first Decade of the Transformers Brand ?

I hope they don't stop at Wave 6 - As Hastak has a bad habit of killing things after 5 or 6 waves. But sometimes they kill it after 3 years so that would be 9-12 waves before they Execute Order 66 on the brand. I won't be to disapointed if they kill it after 12 waves though.

But I'm happy to see them continue to be made, as long as people keep buying them. One thing I am very curious about though is - what they brand plans are for trying to push to girls again - as the latest 2 waves seem much more general or masculine and not specifically girl friendly like some of wave 3 was. I actually think the Playroom Posse was one of he neatest teams so far so I hope they make more of those again. the Goo Goo Groupies were a mixed bunch, but much to my surprise the Pacifier ended up being one of my fav moulds, due to the distinctiveness of the robot mode. & Drippy Puppy is total love, so I would really like a Pink one of those sometimes (perhaps a Gold one too).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    To round out the list, additions from other thread in bold:

• Like Like x 4
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  9. Diamondback

News Credits:
    I hope we GET a mall... even if it's cheap crappy cardboard like those last Star Wars playsets.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Part of a complete breakfast

News Credits:
    I’d be down for a Metroplex/Fortress Maximus-style base that turns into a robot as a tail-end release for this line.

11. Diamondback

News Credits:
    Could be cool, but if you remember the old Micro Machines "Travel City" cases that unfolded into modular playsets, if I had a choice between those and Fortress Mall-ximus I'd rather have the smaller, more portable options. :)  More likely to be "affordable," and thus make sales in volume.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Eye-Goon > Perceptor

News Credits:
    Just a quick post letting you guys know Amazon has most of the 5-packs (including Series 4) on sale for $1.50 off, while most of the 8-packs (NOT including Series 4) are down to $11 and change:

Amazon.com: botbots series 4: Toys & Games

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mudslide

Mudslide Grieving Son

So why is the candy corn recolor named Milton? Some reference I'm missing?

14. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe this is why, that candy corn is meant to be grape flavored.
    Millton Vineyards & Winery

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mudslide

Mudslide Grieving Son

Interesting. But grape-flavored candy corn? Yuck. Regular is bad enough.

16. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    His bio says he's actually black licorice.......eww. Considering he's labeled as an emo candy corn, I think Hasbro just wanted a name that would be far from associated with the typical emo stereotype.

• Like Like x 2
  17. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Alright, question time. How many should I order of the sets to be sure I get the numbers I want? is one over the total enough? for example: If I want 2 of the 4 wilderness troop 8-packs, should I order 5 or 6? Luck hasn't been on my side with same amounts, as evident with my lawn league purchase....

18. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    If you have a Kohls handy for easy returns, I say one over. You can always order more.

• Like Like x 1
  19. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    not kohls, but the UPS store has recently been put into my light nearby, so there's that, lol. thanks!

edit: I'm going to focus on one grouping at a time. Starting with Home Rangers.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  20. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    My counterargument - order more than 1 extra because if you're already playing the "I am for sure going to return some" game then you may as well just do it all in one go and not chance having to make multiple trips to Kohl's or the post office or whatever. I usually order 2x what I am aiming for and most of the time I'm lucky enough to get everything I need - but often it's like 3 of Set A and 1 of Set B*, so I feel like it was worth it to order 4 instead of 2 or 3. Also, just anecdotally, right before Christmas my daughter gave me her Botbots wishlist and I realized at the last minute I didn't have Scribby socked away - so I had to order it. Not wanting to chance missing it I ordered 6 of that series (the Swag Stylers I think) and only ONE of them had Scribby - so I was pretty relieved I way-over ordered that time. I wasn't about to hunt every Target store around for a series which had mostly vanished by that time.

*EDIT: This is exactly the scenario I had with the Lawn Leagues actually.

• Like Like x 2