BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I played the Amazon lottery and lost (almost)...

ordered four Lawn League packs just to hedge (heh) my bets and I ended up getting four of sets I needed (the one with the spade)

I ordered two Wilderness and got two of the same (vacuum blinded...not the ones I needed, which includes the one with the goldgamer)

I ordered two Movies, which got me neither of the packs I was interested in (got the crystal ball and cellphone packs) as I want the ones with the banana and tickets...

so I placed another order for more packs and will be returning the bulk of what I got after I see what I get...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    It's kind of stupid that we have to do this in the first place.

• Like Like x 4
  3. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    yeah I wish I had found the new 8packs in person, but I don't really want to wait around till they finally show up as it could take weeks

4. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Same. Since Target has been resetting for about 2 weeks with nothing new in sight, Amazon's my only choice at this point, haha!

5. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    Ordered two. Both came as the pack with Grass Guzzler in the blind-ball, so I'm returning one through Kohl's. Time to update my sig now that I'm 13/13...

6. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Eye-Goon > Perceptor

News Credits:
    ..."Kind of"...?

• Like Like x 4
  7. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    So, do we have any idea which tribes if any are completely Finito? I'm trying to work out packing my cases, and by my math if I throw everything that started with Series 1 in Case 1, based on 40 "slots" per case the Series 4 Sugar Shocks will have to go into Case 2. Right now I'm thinking push the SS's to Case 2 in their entirety, and load the Bakery Bytes, Lawn League, Arcade Renegades and Con Crew in their place.

8. There D Hood

There D Hood Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    In fairness, whoever packs these at Amazon just grabs X randoms from a case, perhaps not knowing there are different packs to begin with.

But considering there are stock photos of multiple packs, could Amazon just not be lazy and let you select pack A, B, etc...?

I know it's a lot to ask of a mega corporation and that's time they don't want to put in but I feel really bad hearing you guys buy more than the number of packs that exist and get the same one across the board, potentially having to do it again. Plus the more time that passes, Amazon will be saddled with the undesirable packs and anyone who missed out will most likely get that returned stock with no chance at the needed packs.

I wish more of this unreleased stuff would show up at countrywide discount stores instead. At least then we get to look at them. Series 3 packs were spotted at Ross, so at the very least Botbots in general can show up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Strafe

Strafe Secretary of Balloon Doggies

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    The best thing about being a shovel is that it’s always easy to find a friend!

[​IMG]

Yeah, I got two sets and both were the one with Mucker Von Diggs. Which is fine, but I still really want the watering can, Nozzlesnot. But I don’t want to pay an extra fifteen again for the chance to get one. But I might? This crap is why Bezos makes two hundred grand per minute.

It’s Bumsprout, just from behind! He’s a Stinkosaurus repaint. :D 
    By the way, the series four bios are up on the official site. Has this been reported yet? How do I notify the news people?

https://transformers.hasbro.com/en-us/brands/botbots

• Like Like x 8
  10. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These bios are super fun but it’s a shame that they didn’t new artwork for these guys.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Strafe

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Yeah, between the repaints and the art we’ve already seen for series four, it’s unfortunate that none of it is being used.
    So, I guess I’ve been transforming Snorg incorrectly? The feet fold down fully, just not crazy about how much more slumped over he needs to be for his arms to touch the ground.
    Still, I can’t get enough of the guy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  12. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Eye-Goon > Perceptor

News Credits:
    Well, if you're not going to be a total completist and just want to be a mold completist, Nozzlesnot's getting a gold version I assume in Series 5. Either that or you can try contacting people who got multiples of that pack and see if you can do a trade

Just post in the News-- *checks* Oh, you did. Well, that'll do it, then.

Thoughts on certain bios:
    -THE COBBLER IS A SUPERVILLAIN YES. I would have been disappointed with anything else.
    -Burrito Favorito admittedly looked pretty weak to me from the pics, but he has a TOMATO CYCLE for a foot? MAN, now I want him a lot more.
    -The insertion of so many pretzel puns into Bretzel's bio is just a masterpiece.
    -Waitaminute, so Loadoutsky is an old console? Then why is there a STAPLER on top of it? No, it's an industrial printer or perhaps fax machine. I don't think even the writers were told what the alt mode was and just guessed.
    -Rusty Von Cleave is MacGyver. LOL.
    -Ah, so DJ Fudgey Fresh is a MINT chocolate bar. I thought maybe she was left in the freezer or something.
    -I feel like they're hinting at something with Milton's name in his bio, but I'm still not getting it. Confirmed he's liquorish candy corn, though.
    -No mention made in Hiptoast's bio about any relation to Avocando and/or Angry Cheese. OPPORTUNITY MISSED.
    -Having so much of the Winners Circle' Bios being shared is kinda lame.

Overall, the bios are getting better. These are pretty darned well-written.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Shackstoys

Shackstoys Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Ordered 3 Lawn League sets, got lucky and got both and double of this guy: 15797070354198868155114721391480.jpg

If anyone wants it, I'll well it for 15 with 2 dollar shipping. I don't really want a profit or anything lol but I don't feel like shipping it back to amazon if someone on here wants it. I'll be posting on the trade thread too. Just let me know :) 

• Like Like x 2
  14. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Huh. According to her bio, Loadoutsky is a game console and not a industrial printer. Mystery solved I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CrabGrass

CrabGrass Shrapnel in a trench coat and sunglasses

I just noticed in the Goldrush commercial you can see the red Axwell.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "It's not EE-Goon, it is EYE-Goon" LOOL a reference to Young Frankenstein!
    Also Dr. Flaskenstein is basically Dr. Insano. Maybe this will finally make Spoony come out of retirement? (Probably not).
    And Ranger Lampton is probably the first confirmed group leader. This further confirms my theory that the Botbot resembling the group logo the most is the leader.

Nice! Oh I just realized he has a mouth there.
    Neat skeleton too. I mostly use the Schleich one I got that is roughly GI Joe sized, but had no paint weathering.

Bit weird they did not make any artwork for the Series 4... Kind of a bummer, as that likely means no Sticker/Profile book for them either. And here I was hoping the artwork would clear up the mistransformations... Will go and read the bios. As for news, it has been frontpaged now, but usually, best make a new topic for it in the News subforum.

17. CrabGrass

The weird thing is that they DID make art for series 4. It's on the boxes and the top of the website. They just didn't use them for some reason.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Huh, so Loudoutsky is some sort of... über-gaming console? Than that is not a stapler on her...

Also, Bretzel's bio... argh the puns! The cheese puns! They hurt! :) 

To Bretzel, there's nothing grater than the sound of someone laughing at his cheesy jokes. Being funny can be a little hit or Swiss. But he knows some of his jokes are feta than others, so in queso you don't laugh at the first one, you can brie sure he has plenty more where that came from. The way Bretzel sees it, the more cheesy jokes, the cheddar!

And Milton is a bat emo liquorish candy corn. That's genius. :D 

EDIT: Huh, checking the Goldrush Games video, there are 2 Botbots there in the final shot who are NOT in Series 4. Maybe they were moved over to Series 5? One is a repaint of Slobber Rock and the other of Game Over.
    Mystery S4 Botbots.jpg

I do wish that was the deco released in S3, yeah I noticed it too. Maybe in S5? The light blue one looks too much like Rock Swagger.
    Oh yeah, indeed! Though that is only for the 5 teams who have 5 and 8-packs.

Yeah, and the Lawn League and Bakery Bytes likely will never show up in brick and mortar stores...
    Weird that Amazon is this lazy as to not to let you choose which type of pack you want. Even Galaxy Toyshop here in Hungary let you do that, they simply assigned numbers to each pack type and asked you to specify it in your order.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CrabGrass

Also on the "Transformers Universe" page there's a weight ball and what looks like a bowl of ramen on the side picture.

20. Strafe

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    To his credit, Beastbot posted pictures of his Lawn League stuff first, a short while ago. But this thread moves fairly quickly these days. When someone gets something new or something we haven’t seen, I definitely enjoy seeing it shown off.

How’s the articulation on those Schleich skeletons? I may pick some of those up. I got the Re-Ment ones because they’re expressive and have all manner of
    fantastic accessories. I have one of their toilets somewhere, just waiting to come up with a good photo idea for it.

[​IMG]

Oooh, I missed that detail. Yeah, not quite a completist, but I do try to get one of everyone and any repaints that grab me. (Which is most of them, turns out) I was definitely considering a trade.

I can see how Loadoutsky’s stapler could possibly be a game cartridge, but then it seems kind of unnecessary to then give it a stapler’s articulation joint. What was the general consensus prior to the bio, that she is a printer or something?

• Like Like x 6