BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. SoundJack426

SoundJack426 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    RIGHT. There’s 4 packs at $20. Make that $219.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    It all looks good to me. I'll update the wiki. Thanks for putting this together!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Part of a complete breakfast

News Credits:
    @SoundJack426
    Magic Tricksters #2 would also be good because you get King Cheats and Whoopsie Cushion in 1 pack. I’d recommend getting blindpack #19 for The Great Mumbo Bumblo.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    My count has 69:
    • 5x Fresh Squeezes
    • 8x Home Rangers
    • 6x Los Deliciosos
    • 5x Magic Tricksters
    • 6x Movie Moguls
    • 7x Retro Replays
    • 4x Science Alliance
    • 5x Seasons Greeters
    • 8x Sugar Shocks
    • 7x Wilderness Troop
    • 8x Winners Circle

• Like Like x 1
  5. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    20200118_074006.jpg
    i think you're referring to the shoulderpads that fold down from his head

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Diamondback

News Credits:
    Problem is, singles are $3 each IIRC, 5-packs are $10--four bucks more and you have three surplus to fight with trading/selling off.

7. Diamondback

News Credits:
    BTW, a little more Excel fun: 163 distinct sculpts on these little guys.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Price matters A bit less to me - minimising the number of Duplicates purchased is more important, however if there is a way to get more of the contents of the singles in multi-packs then Multi-packs are a better possible buy perhaps - there is also that the singles have number printed on them and that can be kinda ugly ; to consider too. Though I don't mind getting singles as such. if I can get sometimes get a 5 pack for around the same price as two singles then that isn't great buying more singles.

SINGLE PACKS
    • #1 Pop O' Gold
    • #4 Hiptoast
    • #6 Zwonkey Donkey
    • #7 Liquid Gold
    • #8 Cypops
    • #13 Pressure Punk
    • #14 Burrito Favorito
    • #15 Chef Nada.
    • #18 Snorg the Conqueror
    • #19 The Great Mumbo Bumblo
    • #20 King Cheats
    • #21 Whoopsie Cushion.
    • #24 Face Ace

So I think an additional Magic Trickster pack might be useful to me (as it contains 3 of the singles in one of the packs). to be honest I think the only really essential purchase are the ones unique to a set and sometimes it can be done in other ways that has minimal cost differences - I sort of noticed this with the spoiled rottens too.

namely this one :
    • Magic Tricksters (5-pack #1)
    King Cheats, Peary Peculiar, Rusty Von Cleave, Whoopsie Cushion, Hiptoast (blind-packed)

Other ways to pick things up may be something people need to consider if they have easier access to 5 and or 8 packs as then if you do get mostly those and you can't find the singles as easily then there is fewer singles that are essential buys.

Also if you get this one say in the mail from Amazon :
    • Science Alliance (5-pack #3)
    Doc Kit, Dr. Flaskenstein, Eye-Goon, Grandma Crinkles, Lunchador (blind-packed)

Then you can keep it and just buy a single Starscope perhaps as another option.

9. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, thanks! All I have seen are the catalog photos of him so far so hard to make out what he truly looks like.
    Anyone has good photos of Burrito Favorito as well? The catalogue makes it seems he has no feet...

EDIT: found some photos on ebay. Seems he HAS no feet... or arms. But luxurious hair! Weird.
    Burrito Favorito0.jpg Burrito Favorito01.jpg

I just counted by the catalogue, guess is missed 1 one, thanks.
    Interesting that the one team who has 5 unique sculpts, Los Deliciosos, hasn't gotten a pack in this series.
    And I guess now the Sugar Shocks are the only team who lasted 4 series. Everyone else has fallen out since S1.
    I wonder if Winner's Circle will be the new theme of the year, same as Lost Bots. I frankly always just put the Lost Bots to whichever team they were lost from, but at least they were often new sculpts or good recolors - the gold repaints are not that interesting.

Boonies? That's Australia? I am not familiar with the slang...
    Hard to believe a giant country like that has a worse distribution than we do, sorry to hear that!

10. Strafe

Strafe Secretary of Balloon Doggies

News Credits:
    It actually does sound Australian, doesn’t it? That makes me giggle. I think it’s just any rural part of America, but I’ve no firsthand knowledge. I wish there were more alternative sources for people to find these things. I went to Walgreens to clean up the couple I still had missing from series one, but none of mine here have stocked anything beyond series two. I saw series four singles at one Target, and nothing since.

I know activity picks up when there’s a new wave, but it’s been nice to see how busy this thread has stayed. It’s been both helpful and entertaining. :thumb 

Shucks. There’s so much great photography here that I’m always inspired to try and keep up. I promise I’m sober, I just love this friggin thread.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Gneric Robot Dinosaur

Gneric Robot Dinosaur General Issue

News Credits:
    Boonies is short for boondocks which means "nowhere, rural, the sticks" etc. It's definitely a US thing.

And yes, this thread is the most fun here. I'm glad I found it!

• Like Like x 4
  12. Diamondback

News Credits:
    Boondocks in one easy test: If you're past the end of the paved road, you're there. :) 

• Like Like x 3
  13. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yup. Boonies is way out in the middle of no where. I've bern to a few WMs like that, but given WM does not carry Botbots lately i gave no reason to go to the places in the boonies. I haven't been on one of those trips in like a year. Take a night off, plan a route and drive to 6-7 different WMs in the middle if no where.

• Like Like x 2
  14. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Or to find the Walmart boonies, open Google maps. Zoom out till your location is at one of the edges of the screen and furthest place is at least 60+ miles away. Find the WM most isolated from anywhere in the tiniest town possible. There you go.

15. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I used to love going to out of the way Wal-Marts. The roadtrip is always fun but alot of these smaller towns may or may not have any collectors there making it easier to find some good stuff. In fact, it was at one of these smaller town Wal-Marts where I first found Armada Unicron back in the day. But lately it's not been as much fun since the smaller stores have been more limited with their stock. Last reset, they only had Generations deluxes, and now with this reset, it seems they only have Studio Deluxes and Cyberverse Warriors.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Huh! Up until now I did not see the photo. Odd. Maybe the service you linked it from was unavailable?
    Anyway, thanks, and yeah he looks pretty nice, one of the arms is a cannon? Where does the tape player go, on his back?
    Odd that Movie Moguls really just have 2 new molds. And I expected they would have a popcorn bag repaint for sure. Maybe if they get a second wave this year, we can get that, plus some nachos... and a poor broom cleaning boy who has to clean up after the movies. :D 

Ah, so that's what that word means! I never seen the Boondocks show, just always wondered about that word... whether it has any relation to shipyards and docks.
    That's pretty much the same in small towns here in Hungary, just distances are of course smaller. I have the luxury of living in Budapest, and having lots of shops around since the capitol houses about 20% of the people in the country.

17. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Eye-Goon > Perceptor

News Credits:
    Yeah, I don't even have that. It's a small town but it's a college town, so any toys that are remotely collector-oriented are often snatched up very quickly in the rare case something new appears locally. I found it nothing less than a small miracle I found the G1 Reissue Astrotrain a few days ago.

It USED to not be that bad 10+ years ago when Wal-Mart actually carried a decent variety of TFs, but since ~2013 or so it's just been awful and I've had to get 95+% of my TFs online.

18. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    HOLY COW GUYS Hasbro sent me another free promotional box, this time filled with a ton of botbots from the new series!

I'm honored! Keep a lookout on my instagram @Shmoptimus_Prime cause I'll be doing a giveaway for some of these in the near future.

60099081843__D9C1EDB0-F7CB-4E38-86F7-4433090EB356.jpg
    IMG_0767.jpg IMG_0768.jpg IMG_0769.jpg IMG_0770.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  19. Diamondback

News Credits:
    Do we know who all is gonna be in the TFW2005 Toy Fair delegation? If so, we need to lobby them to get lots of pics of the Botbots display from every possible angle, as hi-res as possible, so our eagle-eyed boardmates can try to ID things to come...

20. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Here is the breakdown of series 4 that came with my promo box:

IMG_0772.jpg

• Like Like x 7