BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL, Murphy's Law strikes again...
    I guess the universe needed this push that after a bloody year of waiting for the Lawn League to be available, I caved in and set up a TRU Hong Kong account as well as TipTrans and bought them days ago.
    Then today, they appear on Amazon. :D  I was just checking for the t-shirts and other Botbots merchandise when I refresh the page and zoom, Lawn League 8-packs, 15$ a pack, in store from 2020 January 20... :) 
    https://www.amazon.com/Transformers..._1_44?keywords=botbots&qid=1579170360&sr=8-44
    Luckily I was still able to cancel my HK order, thank goodness for the Chinese holidays!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Eye-Goon > Perceptor

News Credits:
    Good heavens man, I just collect Transformers, but you have a SET. UP. What kinda Nerdvana you got there? Toy food accessories, backgrounds, stacks of Nintendo and DS cartridges... all you need to do is steal one a' them convention Hasbro dioramas and you'll be set.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Strafe

Strafe Secretary of Balloon Doggies

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Hehe.
    What can I say, when I love, I love in excess. The background is really just a Masterpiece Prime trailer, which works for smaller toys, but the illusion dies with anything taller than a Botbot. I typically use a light box to get better quality, but it isn’t super convenient to set up and edit.
    Stuff like this, which I’m fairly certain that I’ve posted here already several months ago:

[​IMG]

Now if I can find where I stowed my SDCC Ark diorama that those movie Dinobot repaints came packaged in, we’ll be cooking.

So I know you’re the one who keeps the assortment lists but wasn’t sure where to find that information in this thread - who can we expect in the Lawn League mystery bubbes? Mine are supposed to be here on Saturday.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Man, I wish I had gotten more of those Real Gears back then. I got the Laserbeak one, but i skipped the rest because they were too 'cartoony'/not Movie enough.

5. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is a trick with SnottyStem - see my photo 2 pages ago. There is an L-shaped groove inside his helmet. Pull up the helmet, then push it backwards until the rim inside it is pushed in front of his head and it clicks in place. He is still top-heavy but tends to stand better now.

Don't expect anyone special, like with the Bakery Bytes it is just an extra member of the teams in the bubble. I think one has McMuzzsaw and the other maybe Silent Shade. Basically if you buy both 8-packs, you will have both teams except Flat Flour Face and Batter Splatter, who are only in the Bakery Bytes 5-packs.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  6. KraegorStark

KraegorStark Well-Known Member

Preparing for a night watching stars... 20200116_085623.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  7. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    from the tf wiki

• Lawn League (8-pack #1)
    Bum Sprout, Cavi T., Chief Cherry 3.14, Grass Guzzler, Nozzlesnot, Reci P. Cooker, Silent Shade, McMuzzsaw (blind-packed)
    • Lawn League (8-pack #2)
    Bum Sprout, Cavi T., Chief Cherry 3.14, Luckaneer, Mucker Von Diggs, The Pollinator, Reci P. Cooker, Grass Guzzler (blind-packed)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Venixion

Venixion Evil Dust Bunny-con

News Credits:

I'm loving your game collection.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Huh,interesting. So you get two Grass Guzzlers if you buy two packs? I talked with some friends, we will likely buy 4 packs and divide them.

10. bearytrek

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    yeah the assortment is atrocious

they could have gotten away with doing just one Bakery Bytes and one Lawn League pack and that would have accounted for like everybody but they had to put the same one in like three or four packs and its just too redundant

• Like Like x 1
  11. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    The Phase 1 trade deal that was just signed should take some of that off the direct cost, but you can bet Hasbro will pocket the difference.

12. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Hey, my 8 packs shipped early. Will be here Friday. Yayy!

• Like Like x 3
  13. KraegorStark

KraegorStark Well-Known Member

Wreck and Roll!
    20200116_144314.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  14. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Feck man, I'm confused... help a brotha out.

How many of these you linked do I need to buy to secure a complete set? Dups' dont matter to me, so 3 or more?

15. Strafe

Strafe Secretary of Balloon Doggies

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Update: I FOUND IT.
    Le woot, as the French in France say.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gotta spend some time straightening a few of the boards, though. It’s been in storage for a while.

Hnng.
    So my best case scenario from buying two packs is ending up with only five duplicates? Yeah, those are some strange choices.

• Like Like x 5
  16. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's only needed you buy 2 of each type of 8-pack. But, since Amazon chooses them randomly, you have 50/50% chance of getting one or the other. Hence why I bought 3, to be on the safe side. You can just buy 2 and hope you get two different ones.
    And yeah, you will get all the Lawn League if you buy the 2 versions of the 8-pack, as well as all Bakery Bytes save for Batter Splatter and Flat Flour Face.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought one of those shopping trollies too lol and for similar reasons.
    --

I just thought I'd mention for the UK crowd that Sainsbury's has reduced their Botbots series 3 five packs to £6.00 and judging by prior behaviours that might be a strong indication that they are going to get series 4 very soon and that may apply to Argos soon to perhaps... Though in my experience Argos has a large glut of Wave 3 to get through so they will need to heavily reduce those to ditch them.

But both tend to reduce current stock in anticipation of a new release like that at least some of the time.

---

Great news about the Lawn League By the way. Incidentally the easiest way to buy is to get both 8 packs and any random 5 pack of bakery Bites. that way you don't have to mess about trying to get the exact set for both kinds to minimise purchases.

18. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Murphy's law hit me too. Literally last week i received silent shade and the brown t-rex plant from eBay. At least it looks like I'll have more customs to look forward to.

Edit: ordered two boxes, hoping one has the potted plant.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  19. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any of them unique molds (not unique paint jobs)?

20. bearytrek

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    the watering pot, lawnmower and spade haven't been released anywhere else, as far as the Lawn League goes...

I think the marker from the convention set is the only one there that hasn't be re-released too

• Like Like x 1