BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Strafe

Strafe Secretary of Balloon Doggies

News Credits:
    Yeah there are some nice suggestions here, I’ve been using the same containers for screws and nails to store my Kreons for years now. They also work great for Botbots. Those spots fill up quickly, though, what with how many there are now.

Oh, man. Yeah, there need to be way more photos of this guy around, he’s the best!

[​IMG]

With what looks like a tall brimmed hat and apparently what is now a baton of some sort, I kinda get a British bobby/cop vibe from him. So he’s British, until they crank out some official bios, already.

[​IMG]

“More tea, Mr. Buzzsaw?”

As for making the sandwiches stand up, I’m not sure. For me, it was about getting the legs configured just so, but I didn’t really have any issues with it.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  2. KraegorStark

KraegorStark Well-Known Member

The Botbots launch their secret weapon: Tooth decay!
    20200115_084610.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  3. Strafe

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  4. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Runnin' like a constipated wiener dog

I just got to thinking, with the baton and the eyes that kinda look like stars (yes, I know they're supposed to look like cassette reels)...maybe he's supposed to be like a parade leader, the guy at the front who flips the baton? I know a female who does that is a majorette, I'm not sure of the male term...a major?

"You call those boxing gloves? Boy, I AM a boxing glove!!"

• Like Like x 2
  5. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, I did not see (m)any posting of series 4 artwork, and to me those are just as important as the toy photos - especially with lack of instructions, now they show how to transform them properly. :) 
    Here are a few from the claw game and other pack! Also, some Series 4 stickers.
    IMG_4168.JPG IMG_4176.JPG IMG_4190.JPG IMG_4191.JPG

Thanks a lot for posting more photos of him, he is simple yet cute. Love the attention to detail that the REC button is red! We had a casette recorder just like this one that is operational to this day, which we used to play the tapes for our ZX Spectrum "personal computer". I hope we get a second wave of Retro Replays that has an old-school "keyboard and monitor in one build" PC. :) 

• Like Like x 3
  6. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Transformers: BotBots - Transformers Wiki

I follow the wiki... the wiki is strong with this one.

Hasn't failed me yet, and dups' dont bother me... my daughter has a set of her own now, and army building is fun with the right characters. :D 

7. Venixion

Venixion Evil Dust Bunny-con

News Credits:

That's an elegant tea-time spread Strafe. Ooh! Where did you get the mini donuts?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
  9. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Nice so this should mean that we would soon have a finalized "recommended buys" for Series 4, with the 5 and 8 packs now readily available.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Eye-Goon > Perceptor

News Credits:
    Hot damn! So glad for you guys! Felt for sure those would never make it...

Regarding the Movie Moguls/Wilderness Troop, though, I think I'll stick with my case preorder. I have HORRIBLE luck when it comes to Amazon blind pulls.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh baby!!!! Ordered two hopefully I won’t have to return and try again.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I only ordered four of each this time because 8 of each was over $200 and I couldn't justify that, haha! I'll post here or in the wiki what's in each one I get. I think between everyone here, we should have the list ready by the 22nd (that's when mine says they'll arrive).

• Like Like x 2
  13. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

I wonder why these new 8 packs are $16.49? Just an odd price when IIRC the other 8 packs have always been $14.99. Even more ironic that the lawn league is $14.99 when those are literally going for an arm and leg with how rare they've been up till now. Not a huge deal as I can afford them just fine. But makes you wonder.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Part of a complete breakfast

News Credits:
    F2273A25-B129-47DB-AB17-40A32873B514.jpeg Claw Machine #2 (left) and Gumball Machine #1 (right). Both packs are good, but Gumball #1 is my favorite. Crumbly Yumbly has a great color scheme in robot mode and I really dig Smore N’More’s Rumble-esque piledrivers. Fancy Flutter has a weird dragon-esque robot mode reminiscent of a Beast Machines Aerodrone.
    8E77E5D9-CDDA-4CBE-BCB5-66A27AD9CC4D.jpeg That doesn’t mean I don’t like Claw Machine #2, however. Skitter Chatter’s robot mode is an abomination from hell given physical form and I love it to pieces. (My biggest nitpick is that I wish that the jaws of the altmode could open, but the transformation engineering prevents it.) Blurry Murray is also particularly inspired in terms of engineering. The transformation is pretty clever and it’s nice to finally see an owl TF again. The Cobbler is also a favorite of mine with the sci-fi B-movie cape and a head reminiscent of BW Quickstrike. (The arms have to be wiggled out a little bit for transformation to robot mode, but other than that it’s fairly intuitive.)

I’m slightly disappointed that the instruction sheets for this line are gone. Some of the transformations are a bit trickier to figure out with only stock photography as a reference.

(Pay no attention to the fallen over Snotty Stem. I can’t get that thing to balance at all because of its top-heavy head.)

• Like Like x 5
  15. Strafe

News Credits:
    Really appreciate the Lawn League link, I never thought I’d own those guys. Was wondering if I’d need to swallow my pride and get them on eBay.
    The slight price hike on the new eight packs has me wondering, too. I dunno if it’s an Amazon thing or a Hasbro thing, but if it helps at all to see that these things continue to be made, I’m quite happy to continue supporting the line. When Wal-Mart stopped stocking them, I got nervous.

Thank you!
    I got the donuts on eBay, just search “dollhouse donuts”. At the time, they were about $2.50. I found all sorts of neat little accessories from people selling them - tiny drinks, including tea sets and teeny beer mugs.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. Venixion

News Credits:

Thanks Strafe!

Who is the bigger robot?

17. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Eye-Goon > Perceptor

News Credits:
    Ditto here, though I remember sometime last year Hasbro was being interviewed about the tariffs taking effect in 2020 and Hasbro said something to the effect of "We're moving a lot of our production to other countries, but yes the prices for those toys still manufactured in China will go up some, at least temporarily". Botbots are pretty much the only TFs that are still made in China (certainly line-wide this is the case), so this could be the effects of that. I was actually kinda surprised the prices for the Series 4 singles and 5-packs were the same.

That's Spy Shot 6, he's part of the "Real Gear Robots" subline of the first live-action movie line 13 years ago. They were originally going to be a part of the Cybertron line, hence the very un-movie-esque look of them, but the whole line was similar to the Techie Team in that they transformed into small electronic devices (and unlike Botbots, they were sized roughly the same as the devices they were mimicking). I actually was thinking of taking pics of something similar about a year ago when the Techie Team first came out, but my Real Gears are buried in one of my storage tubs somewhere and I got lazy, heh.

All the ones on this page that have robot modes (and not weapon modes) are Real Gears:
    Movie Real Gear and TECH Archives - Transformers Toys - TFW2005

• Like Like x 4
  18. Venixion

News Credits:

I likey.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Strafe

News Credits:
    My Answer was gonna be “BOTBOT GRANDPAS”, but Beastbot’s explanation was more thorough.
    They’re great little toys. Since I had already just snapped a couple photos to illuminate, I won’t let them go to waste.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I even built a little throne of Nintendo cartridges for High Score a while back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you have the means, I highly recommend picking them up.

• Like Like x 11
  20. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    I remember collecting all the real gears... in a box somewhere in the abyss now. :oops: