BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. CrabGrass

CrabGrass Shrapnel in a trench coat and sunglasses

To light our darkest hour

Or that too I guess...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    Right now I'm using Artbin 5004AB's like this:
    [​IMG]
    ArtBin® | Storage Designed For Creative Minds

But what I'm thinking of is something more "purpose designed"--I have 3 of these; one for Series 1 & 2, one for Series 3, Con Crew & Bakery Bytes/Lawn League and the third starting Series 4. My mom also uses them for Littlest Pet Shop and Lego Collectible Minifigures, too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    i've got that same box. i had all my botbots in an empty singles box but felt i needed something better. found a listing on amazon for these artbins for like $5 and bought two. slapped stickers from the claw game and gumball machine sets on em and filled em up by team. they work great.

4. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

I got this metal tin transformers lunch box as a freebie from Game Stop points years ago that I had sitting in my closet forever. Than when I started amassing botbots I realized it'd be a great little container for them, so thats why I used. They already happend to outgrow that one though with as many as I got <_< But luckily I had as second tin lunch box I got as a gift from another friend so problem solved.

5. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    playing my hunch that the empty Target shelves of last week would yield new product soon, I managed to get all of the gum/claw sets (and cancelled my online order) and am down to needing only about 21 of wave 4 to complete my set...

20200113_191042.jpg

i guess the stickers are always packed the same as the botbots in the boxes? Not that they're very collectible, other than the wave 4 characters, they seem to be the same as the ones from the book...

so thoughts on the newbies:

Cuban is simple transformation but oozes personality in his sculpt...the corn is awesome but scary trying to pull his arms out...my fingernails can't take much more of this (or opening those darn balls)

Couch is something that looks like it could have used a bit more thought...I can see where they were going for a crab sort of creature but it doesn't quite pull it off...

nothing more needs to be said about the teeth...it's a winner...

the 3D glasses are cute...could see this being repainted as regular sunglasses...

the potted plant is pretty neat...too bad the original use is so difficult to come by

the cake looks like it borrowed from the pizza/pie slice a bit, but it is still really fun...the macaroon is a disaster...barely transforms into a bat-thingy...it needed another piece or two to change around to make it look more like something...the cookie is good enough...the smores are (is?) a total winner (the 'boobs' are actually his puffy marshmallowy arms and his 'arms' are just kibble to swing backward)

my favorite category so far are the retros...pretty much all of them are outstanding..the cassette player is really cute...

nothing much to say about the recolors except the candy corn is still a winner even in purple and red doesn't improve Greed Feed (but the tampo deco is really well done)

• Like Like x 5
  6. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just realized that his name is Chief Cherry 3.14 'cause 3.14 is PI(e)! :D 
    IMG_4167.JPG

Amazon has the claw game and ball vendor, for 20$ each.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crikey I barely have to buy any Blind packet ones at all this wave if that is all there is that is unique to that assortment.
    Wasn't it usually like 50% of the case that was original !!!

8. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    Hello!

As mentioned upthread I used a mail-forwarding service called Tiptrans, which was able to forward the Botbots here to the UK, from TRU's Hong Kong website (not Singapore).

• Like Like x 1
  9. bearytrek

News Credits:
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks, ok! I figured it out in the meantime that you bought from China not Singapore. However I could not register with their given address/phone on the local TRU site, since I assume they are already registered with this phone ID. Did you use their purchase service too?
    Also I am thinking I need to buy 3 sets at least to make the chance of ending up with duplicates less...

As I speculated, they likely learned from the success of Arcade Renegades where you could only get around 16 figures from that set. They did the same now with the claw game/etc just these exclusives are now all from different sets. Seems most of Los Deliciosos and quite a lot of the Sugar Shocks are exclusive to those sets.

11. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Hmm... Wondering if I should just wait for BBTS or EE for a cheaper price. Hmm...

• Like Like x 1
  12. bearytrek

News Credits:
    I don't think BBTS has put up cases since wave 1, and EE didn't for wave 3 if I remember...

13. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Screenshot_20200114-133537_Chrome.jpg

Got all 3 singles cases from bbts myself? Here's a screenshot of wave 3 for proof.

• Like Like x 1
  14. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    i got my wave 3 single case from BBTS too

15. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Wave 1 was put on there like around the street date, however BOTH Wave 2 and 3 stuff didn't get put till I'd say atleast a good month or two after series 3 official street date. Knowing that I haven't lost hope that Wave 4 stuff will be added at some point, just can't say when.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Eye-Goon > Perceptor

News Credits:
    I have a grocery bag of 36 empty balls just sitting in my garage now. (I gave the 4 dupes in the packs to my niece.) I'm not really sure what to do with them, but they're kinda a bit too nice to just toss, so if you want to make an arrangement PM me. None of the hinges are broken, they're just "weakened" a bit since I had to exert so much pressure to open them, but they still snap shut really solidly.

Sure. Here's the the robot mode from a side angle, he has a "cap" that doesn't really show up in most front-angle shots. (I know, my camera isn't the best at this scale, sometimes the photos are a little blurry.) I suppose the weapon could be a mic, but due to the square head and the square shoulders, Mr. Memory Banks unfortunately can't raise his arms up toward his face, they mostly can only move side-to-side:
    [​IMG]

Here's a pic of the alt mode. Obvious arms, but otherwise solid:
    [​IMG]

And here's the back of the alt mode, showing the piece that can become the baton. There's a little indentation in the body on the wide side of the baton that allows you to plug it in without it falling out:
    [​IMG]

I dunno, I rather like it. The more I look at the face combined with the tail, the more I think it's supposed to be a manta ray, despite the name...

Ditto here (though I have yet to get Swapbox, Snorg, or Mr. Biz Esq).

That's why I preordered a case of 8-packs from EE and will probably stick with that preorder even if they're late. I have a bad hunch that with Series 4 and 5 8-packs being listed at the same time, the Series 4 8-packs will have a short "window" of availability. Plus Game Golder is just going to be a pain in the #&(* to get otherwise, and I'll have a lot of dupes I can sell to people who don't want to roll the dice on 8-packs just to get the few they're missing, since just a few are exclusive to the whole assortment.

• Like Like x 2
  17. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I've just been using this same little tackle box I picked up from Wal-Mart's fishing section for about $2. I do need to get another one though because that said tackle box up there is getting more than a little crowded.

Wellread: At least I still have my little solitary confinement partition in the bottom right corner.

Primal: Not anymore, Iacon45 had to remove the partition to make some room. You just haven't noticed because he's kept you out for the comic.

Wellread: NOOOOO!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got most of mine on display on my TV center.
    A3201C7E-4AC9-46B1-84E4-73DD5401D0CD.jpeg

all the rest (haven't arranged yet or overflow) i toss in a tupperwear container. And doubles i toss aside to deal with at a later date. I donated all my 1-3 doubles/triples to Toy Galaxy on youtube. Should be in an upcoming video.
    E8557A1C-6BCC-40AA-A263-61CBBE31CEB1.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  19. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Managed to finally register at TRU Hong Kong (weird that they still have a separate site witha different currency, I thought they became a part of China several years ago) and bought 3 8-packs of Lawn League to Tiptrans. They accept Paypal too. We'll see how well this works! I have wanted that "Smart genuine dragon warrior" combiner set for years but only chinese sites have it, if Tiptrans works out I'll get that toy through them too.
    But why'd you buy a full case when maybe only 6-8 Botbots are exclusive to the single packs only? Y'll end up with a lot of extras that you'll get duplicates of when you buy the 5/8-packs. I usually just get the singles at stores. They are the first ones to appear and are availble in many places.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  20. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    Please do keep us informed on how smoothly it all goes for you. I’d love a tutorial if it all works out for you.

• Like Like x 1