BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Blade Raider

Blade Raider Well-Known Member

Skitter Chatter may very well be mistransformed on the checklist, however I feel these joints might have a different function. The waist joint can raise and lower so the mouth can open and close as well as give the legs more clearance.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The front teeth joint could exist to help line up the teeth. Mine came with the teeth sticking out like this and noting lined up. Also gives the legs more clearance like the waist.
    [​IMG]

That said, teeth dress mode is a thing and I kind of love it.
    [​IMG]

Anyways, Primal and Megatron are having a movie night.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
  2. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah yeah, I assumed it was Mexican or South American. Not exactly.
    Maybe you can tell me also what Grand Cubano is, then?
    Could be, but why add a rotating joint to the front teeth instead of a balljoint? I also noticed the "key" can be pulled out, probably to make it a tail for the robot mode.
    If you have Crabby Grabby, please share photos! I cannot find (m)any pics of most of series 4 online.

Well, since people asked for Series 4 photos - and because I have found so few myself - here are the ones I got from the Claw Game and Ball Vendor Game.
    I also noticed on the catalogue, top right, there is a helpful code system showing which "assortment" that Botbot can be found in! The gold/yellow border is assortment E7293 meaning those can only be found in these two packs.
    Btw, this is how the ball game one looks in the inside!
    IMG_4183.JPG

Game Older - A repaint of RaddHaxx. I previously posted a pic that it seems in the S3 Arcade Renegades pack they remolded him to add "fingernail holds" next to the arms, and Game Older uses the same holds. One can only wonder what sort of NES game is on a cartridge this garish! :D 
    IMG_4201.JPG IMG_4202.JPG IMG_4228.JPG IMG_4229.JPG

Gold Dexter - A gold repaint of Point Dexter, maybe a relative? I noticed the Electrum immersion must be painful as all the Winner Circle have quite scared/uncomfortable facial expressions, LOL. :)  Interestingly, he is molded from gold plastic that is painted over by gold paint almost everywhere - you can notice it on the insides of the arms mostly. So I would take care of these guys, paint wear will be a thing.
    IMG_4200.JPG IMG_4230.JPG

The Cobbler - Man this dude is awesome! He looks a lot like G1 Scrounge, as if he found Last Knight Megatron's helmet AND then dressed as a piece of corn. :D  One of his arms is a gun, with a red point at the end. And that helmet is badass. The official photo is mistransformed, as I am pretty sure you are supposed to turn the front leaf inside out where it has molded and painted chest detail. Also the inside of the two leaves are black, giving him a nice background cape. I love that the corn has teeth marks right where his face is. Maybe Skitter Chatter bit him? He has arm articulation only. Very back heavy but the cape keeps him standing.

IMG_4203.JPG IMG_4227.JPG

Blurray Murray - The third bird Botbot, and a great one at that - 3D glasses that turn into an owl! :)  I was a tad disappointed the beak cannot be folded in, as the glasses will be uneven due to this. It has great feather molding on the belly and even in the underside of the wings. The wide head makes posing the wings rather hard, but they are best rotated backwards to balance it, as otherwise tends to fall on the face a lot. (Btw, I thought such 3D glasses can be worn only for 10 minutes or they will cause headaches? The whole red-blue 3D went out of fashion decades ago...)

IMG_4204.JPG IMG_4206.JPG IMG_4226.JPG

Skitter Chatter - I prefer this transformation for him, guess we can tell for sure once the bios are uploaded and we see the artwork for this guy. A great idea for a Botbot, something that would not look out of place in the Joker's bag of tricks. :D  Surprisingly articulated, and yeah the "waist" makes it possible to slightly open the teeth a bit. The arms are very nicely jointed, and the teeth-legs even have teeth molding in the inside. The key is attached to the waist and there is a hoop inside, so you can pull it back to become a tail.

IMG_4207.JPG IMG_4221.JPG IMG_4222.JPG

Goldenberry Duh'Nut - Probably what happened to Homer Simpson after he disappointed Goldfinger one times too many! He has a straight up evil looking face, with menacing eyes. Odd but nice. And maybe it's mold degradation or done on purpose, but this is the first use of the mold where rotating the face can be done by just a finger, no need to use the nails on the grooves. The legs are very loose though and slide in easily.

IMG_4208.JPG IMG_4233.JPG

Milton - We have nothing but the Arcade Renegades in Hungary yet, so I have not seen the previous use of this mold. Looks more like a guy in a Godzilla suit than a dragon, especially with no snout and the white face making it seem like a costume. The colors are great, love how even the tail is blue on the underside and purple above. What is this alt mode, though? A sugar cone?

IMG_4209.JPG IMG_4231.JPG IMG_4210.JPG

Fancy Flutter - This thing baffles me. I mean, I know it is a macaron, but what is the robot mode... Looks more like a weird NES era video game enemy, like a Batonton from Mega Man. There are some black eyes inside the cavity and a pink mechanical thing that might be the mouth, then it has robot bat wings and a tail? Looks nice anyway. One big problem - the tail joint is super tight and the rod connecting to the balljoint tends to get stuck and already has stress marks. I can only transform it very carefully.

IMG_4211.JPG IMG_4212.JPG IMG_4214.JPG IMG_4235.JPG

Frostfetty Frostiface: Oh my this gal is adorable. (I assume she is a girl due to the eyelashes). And also brings back memories. My great-aunt who died last year, used to make cottage cheese cake just like this, even down to the fritter... or what are those colorful pieces of sugar they use on the cake? Anyway, she transforms similarly to Duderoni, just is much much larger. She is easily one of the biggest Botbots. I actually took and replaced the legs, so the mechanical details face forward. They are hard to rotate as there is little room for them, and tend to pop off, much like on the pizza. The big difference here is that her face is hidden by an opening flap, and the candle can be lifted up on the back too, on a balljoint.

IMG_4216.JPG IMG_4217.JPG IMG_4232.JPG

Smore N' More - LOL, guess Legends Blackarachnia is no longer the only transformer with articulated breasts. :p  Joke aside, cool toy, even if I wish the inside of the arms had some mechanical detailing. The smore parts are all ball jointed save for the head one, so you can rotate the feet to make them pose better. Just the "boobs" are odd, and at best you can flop them to the sides.

IMG_4218.JPG IMG_4223.JPG

King Cubano - This dude looks so fun! He has a panama hat and a mustache, and you can even see the buttons on his shirt. The official catalogue pic shows the head-covering flaps on the sides, but I usually put them behind the head, however you can technically even clip them together behind the head and hide them completely. Though this makes him back-heavy. I have no idea what he turns into, some sort of sandwich? Seems to have mayo and meat inside.

IMG_4219.JPG IMG_4220.JPG

Snotty Stem - This mold originated in the Lawn League but of course, given how ridiculously expensive they are on ebay, I don't have the original. The mold is very nice, the colors are garish on purpose I assume as he it meant to be a plastic plant? There is a nice gardener outfit on the body with suspenders, with a plastic glove outline painted on the pants. There is a trick to locking the helmet in place, you can see an L-shaped groove inside, just push the helmet backward after pulling it to the top, until it clicks into place.

IMG_4234.JPG IMG_4236.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    A Cuban sandwich is usually pulled pork, ham, cheese, pickles and mustard in a steamed pressed panini roll.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, the top of the catalog reveals who is in what assortments only...
    02-Botbots-Series-04-B.jpg

Assortments E3486 are the 5-packs
    Assortments E3494 are the 8-packs
    Assortments E3487 are the Blindbags
    Assortments E7293 are the Claw Game/Ball Vending Machine Game

Based on the catalogue, the various colored boxes suggest that this is the distribution:

-Blindbag only (E3487):
    Zwonkey Donkey, Pop'O Gold, Googly Spy P.I., Face Ace, Pressure Punk, Liquid Gold.

-5-pack and 8-pack only (E3486/E3494):
    Zanzabar, Bretzel, Fizzkick, Lumidope, Critically Complained, Pop N. Lock, Mr. Business Esquire, Bemye, Incog-Eggo, Flare Devil, DJ Fudgey Fresh, Grandma Crinkles, Game Golder, Suave Verde, Lunchador, Cam the Man, Doc Kit, Ranger Lampton, Rusty Von Cleave, Aday, Tricitrustops, Peary Peculiar, Peels the Monkey, Dr Flaskenstein, Bogusaurus Rex, Roarista, Heat Freak, Windbag, Goldie Rock

-5-pack, 8-pack and blindbag too (E3486/E3487/E3494):
    The Great Mumblo Bumblo, King Cheats, Whoopsie Cushion, Movie Munchster, Swapbox 16, Snorg the Conquerer, Cypops, Chef Nada, Hiptoast, Starscope, Whirldefur, Rolley Doughley

-Claw Game/Vending Machine only (E7293):

Skitter Chatter, Blurray Murray, Game Older, Mr. Memory Banks, Snotty Stem, Milton, Frostfetty Frostyface, Fancy Flutter, Smore N'More, Crumbly Yumbly, Goldenberry D'uhnut, Goldsferatu, Burrito Favorito, King Cubano, The Cobbler, Disaster Master, Miss Mixed, Eye-Goon, Crabby Grabby, Goldface, Gold Dexter.

Hmm, sounds great. I had pulled pork a few times...

5. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Yeah they were from a line called Sushi Sentai or Osuchi Sentai Sharida. Didn't last long but looked interesting at the very least, pretty sure they had a vehicle or two maybe(getting old so might just be mixing it up with a larger fig). Only downside is they were super limited in articulation because of the spring loaded automorph gimmick.
    takara sushi sentai - Google Search

As far as Botbots being sold in Japan, no idea, but I have seen some sellers with them at local toy shows and what not. That's not really confirmation though since they could have just as easily gotten them from an Asian source(HK, Singapore, etc).

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    Awesome pics and reviews @BB Shockwave !

That’s absolutely what we need for this wave. Certainly solidified that it’s worth tracking down Cobbler despite his scarcity.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gneric Robot Dinosaur

Gneric Robot Dinosaur General Issue

News Credits:
    Just got the claw machine #1 mix. My cats love the plastic balls lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    so impatience got the better of me and I opened all the 5packs I got from Amazon a month (two?) ago that I was sitting on, hoping the 8packs made their appearance to determine which to hold and which to open...

one of the things I've noticed is that without proper instructions its a double-edged sword...on the one hand, great fun to discover what parts actually do what and which way they move, on the other, fear that you'll twist something the wrong way and break the poor thing...looking at the checklist often to compare what I've done and what is pictured...

so for the new bots by group...

Top Hat is an okay rabbit, but a great looking hat...still don't know if I've got the feet done right though...the playing cards are whimiscal and well-done, even if there is minimal transformation...one of my whoopie cushions doesn't want to stick together well (I can see this one being repurposed as a mylar Happy Birthday balloon) and isn't one of my faves of the new bunch...crystal ball swami is okay (I really like the introduction of clear plastics with this series for an added asethetic)

movie projector is a great little guy...he has a megatron-style cannon on one arm...one of my favorites...

boombox is another of my faves, just simple, but so very much full of personality...the copier machine (with stapler on top) is good enough...the retro cellphone is another awesome transformer probably of that boxy G1 kind of look he has...

the wrap candy is cuter than I thought (though I did wonder if the arms were supposed to be pulled out [they are])...

the tamale luchador is fun...

the axe has got this neat wobbly kind of stance due to how the handle is ergonomically shaped...

the beaker mad scientist has got a lot of personality (one of mine has really wobbly loose feet while the other does not...not sure if its a matter of the clear plastic or just mismolded)...the microscope has dropdown treads not shown in the picture and I wasn't sure if it was supposed to move or not at first...and you really need tiny fingers or long nails to pull out some of the parts...telescope is another good enough but not anything special (science guys are a tribe of only four...the smallest group thus far)...

i wish the iron had a bit more going on, but do like how the goggles are created just by flipping the mouth around and creating the eyes out of a blank slate of color...the vacuum is giving me a Whirl type vibe with the spindly backbending legs and the cyclops eye...

as for the redecos, none of them stand out any more from their previous incarnations (i wish the sweet tart at least had some writing on top)...

so, only two doubles and I'm really looking forward to hunting tomorrow for the claw/gum sets in hopes of finding them at retail rather than waiting for my online order...looks like the four sets offer up a ton of all-new toys with little to no duplicates...and it looks like I can cross off a few 8 packs depending on the contents of their blind bubbles...

• Like Like x 1
  9. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    any one around here have any science alliance packs around them? every place in my area is barren after christmas and is taking forever to restock

i'm looking for the 5 pack with Doc Kit, Dr. Flaskenstein, Eye Goon, and Grandma Crinkles. anyone that can help me out shoot me a pm i'd be interested in this pack.

• Like Like x 1
  10. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Probably a bit late to the game but finally found ol' Quackers. received_2536058209853293.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  11. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, looking for Lawn League packs... Anyone managed to buy from TRU Singapore?
    Transformers BotBots Toys Lawn League Mystery 8-Pack Series 1 - Assorted | ToysRUs Singapore Official Website
    I tried several times and it does not let me register - despite the ability to register with a Hungary address, it gives an error message saying you need a valid Singapore address... Then why even have the other countries selectable?
    Would be great otherwise, even at 30$ a pack...

You are welcome! Really loving this wave. Seems the claw game/ball vendor are the same as the Arcade Renegades pack, that certain bots are only available there.

Thanks! I now remembered, these were the ones I have seen before. Sadly, never seen them for sale online.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  12. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    I was gunna like your post for all the in-depth details and reviews on the botbots... but the narcissistic inquisition about a sandwich that has nothing to do with tamales bugged me all to hell.

cubano-sandwich-2.jpg

There, that's your requested "Cubano", which has nothing to do with Mexican heritage foods...

Personally, I'd like some tamale botbots... pork is the best of course.

tamalesfinalFB.jpg

The corn husk could be a Cape.

• Like Like x 3
  13. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You are being weird. How is it narcissistic to ask what a Cubane sandwich is? I don't go to Subways or anyplace similar. I simply never heard of this type of sandwich. You might find this surprising but the world isn't so globalized yet that every country have all the same food types available everywhere.

14. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ooh just thought of a name for a saxaphone. Make it female. Call it Saxy Lady.

• Like Like x 3
  15. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    You were asking a person who recommended tamales (mexican) to explain a Cuban sandwich that originated in florida... that's like expecting a scotsmen to explain where curry originated and why it's always "chicken curry" and not beef?

(Spoiler: they dont eat beef where they use curry)

If you know what a subway sandwich shop is, then you're not that derelict. Anyways, a Cubano is a pressed ham and cheese sandwich - knowing that, seeing as you have it in hand... can you actually tell its ham and cheese in there?

16. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    2C10E7F9-4AFA-46AE-B42E-BB1A9B033AFE.jpeg
    “Please tell me we at least look cool .....because none of us can actually reach our instruments :confused:  ”

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 13
  17. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow that's adorable. They can really use them well as instruments! They are perfectly sized for casettes. :) 

Btw, so, about my question on the Lawn League? Does no-one know how to purchase from that Singapore TRU site?

Dude how would I know a Cuban sandwich originates from Florida? I assumed it orginates from Cuba. And I assumed since they know what tamales is (again, had no idea it was mexican) they might know the other Lose Deliciosos. They seemed to bel themed around being the same type of national food.
    I don't know what chicken curry is either... I keep seeing that word used for food, but in my experience curry itself is a spice mixture. I use it myself to make rice yellow and spicy and I know it is used in indian and chinese food. But the actual food curry, no, never had tried that.
    And I still dunno why you found my original post "narcissistic". You do know what that word means, right? Someone who is enamored with his physical appearance or self-image? How did you get that from me asking about what a sandwich type is?

18. Venixion

Venixion Resident Feather-brain

News Credits:

Van Halen's Jump immediately comes to mind.

The Cubano looks tasty.

Naaah! So cuuute!

• Like Like x 1
  19. CrabGrass

CrabGrass Shrapnel in a trench coat and sunglasses

At least Dile can hit the drum with his guns

• Like Like x 1
  20. Axalonark2005

Axalonark2005 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    When you have botbots and trying to adult.
    C93991D9-CA3A-4301-894B-EF09A064663F.jpeg

• Like Like x 10