BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. CrabGrass

CrabGrass Shrapnel in a trench coat and sunglasses

I was thinking of ways to make my Target restock BotBots (They still have S1 and S2 deadstock). So I was thinking about buying them all and giving them out to kids on Halloween (alongside candy). So on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad of an idea is this?

• Like Like x 5
  2. Act1on

Act1on Well-Known Member

0. This is a great idea!

• Like Like x 5
  3. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Seconded! It'd be cool!

4. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Desperate for Lawn League packs

News Credits:
    Oh, man, I just saw something I cannot un-see.

Bankshot has a HORRIFYING SPIDER FACE on top.

[​IMG]

Greed Feed is no longer the most unsettling Botbot.

• Like Like x 2
  5. There D Hood

There D Hood Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Depends on who you ask. If the kids end up liking Botbots too much, the parents will rate your idea a -10 because they might have to buy them for their kids. But I guess that also helps get rid of your Target's deadstock.

I think most everyone here would recommend him. Just stay away from the single-packed version. If you didn't already know, they placed a horribly big product code on the front of the duck mode.

6. CrabGrass

CrabGrass Shrapnel in a trench coat and sunglasses

My fear is that the kids will think they're stupid and toss them away. Either that or the parents yell at me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. There D Hood

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    There's always multiple ways of looking at everything.

Kids tossing them would be pretty sad but there's nothing you can do about it. You wouldn't know if they tossed candy they don't like either. Parents yelling at you would be the least of my fears. They make plenty of little Halloween trinkets like spider rings or eyeballs. If anything you're giving them a product of much higher quality. And parents complaining about free toys? Shame on them...?

Finally, beyond a Botbots addiction, these are much healthier for kids than generic candy.

It is a lot of money to spend depending on how many trick or treaters stop by your place each year. It's a tough call because it's money you're spending but getting nothing out of. You only have to hope your Target actually restocks with figures you want, if they restock at all.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    And there's always Toys For Tots...

• Like Like x 5
  9. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the UK - in Sainsbury's stores they seem to keep moving them - the shelf ticket is next to the Cyberverse toys - and the actual stock keeps being placed next to the LOL Surprise and similar products UK Supermarkets barely bother with toys at all - except they are usually infested with Blind bag tat of some sort and other blind packs Shopkins rip off products on cards. It all gets thrown together with no real seperation boys from Girls.. I do think though that if the Girls were aware they exist that the Swag Stylers and Goo Goo Groopies are more focused on a Female interest and the Male interest product would be the Techie Team and perhaps the Spoiled Rottens, Then there is others which I guess have a degree of neutral appeal like Greaser Gang and Playroom Posse. I suspect Hasbro is HOPING they can pick up 30% of sales from Girls as that is about the gender split on the characters... (that we calculated the other week) I guess the next question is - which characters could be said to be OVERTLY Female focused - overtly Male focused or Neutral. I have a suspicion that it may be pretty close to being 2/3rd Male and 1/3rd Female again on that criteria too. I don't actually mind at all I think any rich fictional universe needs variety to it so even without much fiction for the line one can still image a variety of situations due to the broad nature of themes on offer. I can see how those lads pictures above might turn their nose up a bit at getting some of the more Feminine or infant focused items though. Oddly I find the Pacifier/Dummy one of the most interesting figures in wave 3 as it's such an odd looking quasi-angelic alien robot form. I'd certainly like a Blue or Yellow repaint of it as a Lost bot perhaps.

I wouldn't want to encourage anyone to do this - but I remember many years ago there was some issues with flooding of certain things like Tuner Mudflap, or Various Movie Bumblebees preventing stores restocking newer toys. The solution some came up with (a bit naughty perhaps was to buy them up a few at a time and take them to a designated dumping ground store. So instead of all the Targets (for example) lacking getting new figures due to Mudflap infestation taking up the shelf space - one store had a ton of them and the others were able to proceed normally. The same idea was applied to figures who shelf warmed.

It might even make Target's ease of ditching or clearancing them easier as it's easier to box them up and send them back to the warehouse if they are all in one store (where they can be sold on to the likes of TJ Maxx - which is what Target does) who would then spread them wider and thinner give them more chance to sell eventually than if they are in a few Targets with dozens in each. I remember one guy got so sick of it that he went around 5 stores and bought 80 of them and dumped them all on a single place. I thought that was a bit ballsy - but from a certain point of view perhaps he was doing those other stores a service. This sort of coc*blocking has been known to kill off entire toylines or come close to doing so - and example being Deanna Troi's figures so seriously failing to sell they put off many places from ordering Playmates Star Trek stuff at all.

10. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Went back a few pages but didn't see anything.....does anyone have a clue how/when Lawn League will be released in the US yet?

11. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    Given the Bakery Bytes went up on Amazon recently, very likely via them.

12. Max Tower

News Credits:
    One can but hope - yes.

13. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even if they don't restock, it's a great idea for the kids.

14. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    You could always ask if they'd like a set. Never hurts to ask. The biggest problem you might have is that it may set a precedent for people hitting your house next year.

• Like Like x 2
  15. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    one house handed out comic books one year and I never forgot that...never found another time when something that cool was done...

(one house said "Trick" when we said "Trick or Treat" and I never forgot the awkward silence that followed either)

• Like Like x 6
  16. There D Hood

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Chris Bot

Chris Bot AutoChrisbot

News Credits:
    I got a few new packs recently, and let me just say how much I appreciate Grampiano. It seriously feels like a miniscule masterpiece. It even has articulated hands/fingers for Primus' sake. Much respect for whoever designed it.

Oh and also Trisourtops is too damn adorable. Had to rack my brain to figure out exactly what kind of fruit it's supposed to be. A kumquat.

***EDIT***

Upon research I discovered that I actually have the Calamity Keys repaint of Grampiano, but my opinion stands. I never did see a piano when series 2 was out. In fact I have quite a few figs that are redos of ones I never found previously.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  18. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    New unannounced botbots packs are starting to ship out of Vietnam? At least I think they're new.
    Hasbro Inc., 16047 Mountain Avenue, Chino, CA 91708, USA | Buyer Report — Panjiva

• Like Like x 4
  19. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    Okay, so now we've got the breakdown in terms of "tribes" for Series 4:
    5 packs Asst: Magic Shop, Science Stuff, "Home Goods" (Kitchen stuff?)
    8 packs Asst: Outdoor Stuff, Movie Theater

I bet we'll get a Botbot microscope to hang out with Perceptor.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Max Tower

News Credits:
    Maybe they can do an exclusive of The Kitchen Crew now (finally)

I said previously I'd like an Easter Bunny (similar to the teddy bear) and if they made a "Rabbit" for the Magic Shop theme they could repaint it for Series 5 as a "Seasons Greeter" with an Easter Theme (hopefully).

Lovely to hear we have a more solid idea of the themes now for the 5 packs.
    Though didn't someone say before about the Magic shop theme.

---

I'm sure that this conversational topic has been brought up before but now we know 3 more themes I thought i'd raise it again. Which ones that we have already do people think might be Pre-paints for those themes - as with the roll of Tickets in the Arcade Renegades being suggestive of a Movie theme (he even looks like a Movie monster) or Malcontent being an obvious pre-paint of sorts for an outdoors theme.

I wonder if they will make some more Hats or shoes sometime too ? A Hardhat might be nice for example... it might even fit the shed heads theme.

---

I wonder if the Arcade Renegades are a totally stand alone theme or if there is a mould that seems to obviously fit (like D-Pad Chad does) might they slip in a single representitive into the 24 - single packs - via a repaint or as one of the 8 pack padders ?

Likewise with the Bakery Bites and Lawn League having some sort of special status are they off the table too - or could they redecorate their moulds under a Household theme ? or just a straight repaint under the same theme or as a Lost bot. Perhaps it might be nice to have the Doughball to match Sherrif Sugar Rush too.

I hope they do give us the odd new mould for the existing themes though - for example a kids toy Airplane or a Quadcopter might be fun to see as a Playroom Posse Mould.

--------