BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The post office lost my Music Mob package, but Amazon customer service is going to replace it. I can't complain too much. The post office is usually the best of the three carriers in my area. The regular driver is really nice. We really only have problems when she's on vacation.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    yeah I just finished reading the Botbots book and there are some really nice thought-out characters in there

• Like Like x 2
  3. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Ayatollah of Roggenrola

I'll have to think about it. One now belongs to one of my kids (and there ain't no way in hell I'm taking it from him :D ), so I'd have to trade my own. And it's actually one of my favorite Botbot molds.
    Go ahead and PM me your list of dupes, I'll see if there's anything that strikes my fancy.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Heavynova

Heavynova Decepticon Tactician

Absolutely. I completely understand not wanting to part with it though, I'm a completionist, so I get it.

I'm actually on an extended vacation in a hospital room right now, but when I get back home in a few days I'll definitely go through my extras and see what I have to offer!

5. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that, Heavynova. Wishing you all the best!

6. Michael Payton

News Credits:
    Feel better soon, Heavynova.

IMG_20191015_121622.jpg
    Anyone else get a Minions vibe from these two?

• Like Like x 6
  7. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Previously I assumed that the speaker was a nose and that the little notches in the corners were eyes, but now you’ve mentioned it, the more I look at it, the more it makes sense that the speaker grille is an eye. D’oh!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Heavynova

Heavynova Decepticon Tactician

Thanks guys! Chances are I'll be going home tomorrow, but it could be an extra day. It's been 3 already, I'm ready to go now.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Michael Payton

News Credits:
    The bios don't suggest this, but until official media comes out, in my own head fiction these guys "see" via sound. Like Marvel's Daredevil or Rot Lop Fan from the Green Lantern Corps. (He was a Green Lantern from a race without sight, so didn't understand concepts like "green" or "lantern", so he became the sole member of the F-Sharp Bell Corps.)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ruination20

Ruination20 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Quackles

2019-10-13 19.52.09.jpg
    2019-10-13 19.50.07.jpg
    2019-10-13 19.49.38.jpg
    2019-10-13 19.51.04.jpg
    2019-10-13 19.51.42.jpg
    2019-10-13 19.52.36.jpg
    2019-10-13 19.53.28.jpg

• Like Like x 21
  11. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
  12. Venixion

Venixion Resident Feather-brain

News Credits:
  13. Michael Payton

News Credits:
    I always read people making the comment about buying these in bulk and returning the duplicates they don't need. I really wonder how much that bugs Amazon. Especially when they sell five or six $30 packs and everything not makes "#6" get returned.

They sell them again as used, based on the condition. I've got a few of the 5 packs this week that were returns. They're still unopened, but with smashed cards a bit from shipping. I think I spent $6 something on some Music Mob and $8 on a pack of Shed Heads. They've got a few of the 8 packs marked down that way too, if anyone needs anything. $6 for Grampiano and two others I didn't have yet is definitely cheaper than eBay for now.

Definitely will not be buying the returned Arcade Renegades tho, since those won't be the pack with all 16.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Michael Payton

News Credits:
  15. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why BotBot collections are so hot-hot
    Botbots-Banner-01.jpg.jpg
    Kidsday reporters Jonathan Vasquez, left, Bryden Padilla, Robinson Barralaga and Jayden Serrano with the BotBots. Photo Credit: Mary Kate LaSpisa

By Robinson Barralaga, Bryden Padilla, Jayden Serrano and Jonathan VasquezKidsday ReportersUpdated October 18, 2019 6:00 AM

Have you ever thought about getting some BotsBots? Are you wondering what they are? They’re these wonderful mini-Transformer toys that change into different figures. We think you should start collecting them. They are really awesome!

They have many different styles and different groups. Some groups are Techie Team, Swag Stylers, Greaser Gang, Music Mob, Sugar Shocks, Toilet Troop and Spoiled Rottens. There are many more. There are also different quantities like common, uncommon and, the best of all, rare. You could be lucky and get one that is rare.

We also had some kids in our class give their opinions of these amazing BotBots:

Sean Pittman: “It is very boring when you play by yourself, but it is very fun when you play with your friends.”

Justin Lopez: “They are very cool and they are like the original transformers.”

So let’s talk about how to get them. The price depends on how many you get in a pack. They can cost from $3 to $15.

The details and creativeness of the BotBots are amazing. We think the slushies, sharks, viruses, hot sauce, and watches are really cool.

Mary Kate LaSpisa’s fifth-grade class, Evergreen Charter School, Hempstead

Haunted happenings, creepy cocktails, not-so-spooky kids events: Be the first to know about Halloween fun all month long on LI.

I was a tad irked that when shopping on Amazon.com there is no option to buy the "used goods" from Amazon themselves - the option just isn't available on anything I try it on. otherwise i'd have chanced my arm on the gaps I have with Series 2 (since the distribution of series two was pretty terrible in the UK).

I got my Bakery Bites in the mail - not a mark on them - they didn't get crushed at all even though they were only in a mailer bag.

The TF Wiki is giving the impression that the Lawn League 8 packs are on Amazon - but they are not so I don't know where they got that idea from.

As I said before I guess I'm lucky that the Arcade Renegades set is reasonably obtainable in the UK - all I had to to was sweet talk a retailer into selling me a specfic Magic #6 set.

I have been thinking about Photographing Botbots mosts as we are just kinda spining our wheels now - while waiting for the London Comicon reveals. But I don't like to photospam to much as some people object to that in discussion threads.

But I would personally like to see any impression of interaction of Botbots with Bases they may have ?
    I've been wondering how they go with things like Rescue Bot playsets for example. As well as Titans Return Bases.
    Like the security themed ones raiding Chief Burns' Office. I've got a Playmobile Policestation playset kicking around somewhere - i'll have to look into that too - I see some people on this board have the Playmobile Ghostbusters HQ - I wonder if Botbots count as possessed items & would be something Ego would be interested in ?

NOTE : I've pasted the article and the image from the article as it's Geo-Blocked so some won't be able to easily see it and also.

I wanted to post the image as I was wondering where they got the poster from - or is that a opened spred of the Sticker book rather instead ?

This line really does need a cartoon. Interesting that none of the young fans shown are girls - as I've said before I think Hasbro was trying to capture some interest from Female Shopkins fans too with this line, Though the one the quote is a girl.

Oh & a Virus ??? (do they mean Spoiled Rottens perhaps).

I would be interested if similar text to this shows up elsewhere - as it does read like a Puff peice put up by someone who had never laid eyes on the product perhaps based on something Hasbro PR sent them.

I can see that happening if the Newspaper is in Hasbro's sphere of influence geographically speaking, as its based in RI like Hasbro is.

Ironically the ones that are Rare are often the ones that are not considered Rare at all - As attested by those having trouble completing their Single Pack figures.
    Or How so few of us here have The Lawn League sets yet.

Unlike Master Pitman I don't find them boring at all.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Gneric Robot Dinosaur

Gneric Robot Dinosaur General Issue

News Credits:
    Sorry I'm out of the loop. What's up with the Arcade set? I have it on my Amazon wishlist but its sounding like maybe I should remove it lol

17. Michael Payton

News Credits:
    When I saw them stocked at our local Walmart, they were with the other Transformers. Corporate PR talk is one thing, it's been my observation that in the real world most little boys have zero inclination to step foot down the pink Barbie aisle unless they're racing to their wrestling toys down the way (and those boys are almost always RACING down that aisle carefully avoiding eye contact with the shelves) and vice versa for most little girls and the boys aisle. Outliers obviously exist esp in certain regions, but that is still the norm. They can buy endcap space that is both a good promotional location and a bit of a demarcation zone between the cooties and boogers aisles. ;) 

18. Michael Payton

News Credits:
    There are six variants of the multipack. The eight showing are always the same, the blistered/mystery spots are either 4 more different Arcade Renegades with four more from earlier series. The one marked #6 has all 16 AR Bots. People are buying them in bulk and returning the ones marked #1 thru 5 since they don't have the complete set. I questioned whether or not this was honking Amazon off. Selling six $30 packs is great until they have five of them returned and then have to sell them all over again, hoping those aren't returned again. Given that Amazon seems like a major retailer for the line, Amazon's frustration might compel Hasbro to rethink blind bagging $30 packs next time.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Gneric Robot Dinosaur

Gneric Robot Dinosaur General Issue

News Credits:
    Thanks for the response. Geez, yeah, my worry would be that eventually they will only have 1 - 5 packs and no more 6 packs. It's kind of sad that they didn't just make the 6 pack. I guess that would take away the "randomeness" but geez. No one wants a half set.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Leader of the Scarlet empire

• Like Like x 3