BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. There D Hood

There D Hood Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    That's not even a rare one...

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    Someone is very proud of their botbots Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 7.43.25 AM.png

3. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    the real question is how much are they trying to sell Trend Blend for? I've got like four of him...

4. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Remember, they have shipping listed as "free".

Ebay and paypal fees are roughly 15% of the cost, and shipping is anywhere from 5 to 12 bucks depending on where you live in the states... international shipping, well, you know how that goes.

15-20 bucks a figure on ebay with free shipping is basically a break-even cost.

It's why I don't sell. o_O 

• Like Like x 1
  5. bearytrek

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Botbots wave 3 singles finally arrived from toywiz...they didn't even send a shipping notice that I saw...

this should whittle down the numbers I need to get a complete set but will still need to see what I get from amazon for the seasons greeters/fresh squeezes/playroom posse to finish off this wave...

6. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    If you dont like makemake over n over let me know cuz I can't find him

7. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    This is also why when I do deals, I post an exact breakdown of my costs and work on "cost plus fee," usually around 10% of shelf price to cover overhead expenses. I try to cut a price break on leftovers from my own collection-building, though. :) 

And a thought came to me over on one of the Micromaster discussions that seemed as apt here as there... if Hasbro won't give us playsets, why can't we pool resources, design our own and put 'em on Shapeways or Thingiverse?

Maybe we should start a new thread to spitball ideas... my first thought would be each "Store" should fold into a box the size of a large paperback book and have storage room for a half-dozen Bots in addition to all its own parts.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  8. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    You just described transformers-pollie pocket crossovers.

I'm down for either a chainbase recreation of the first mall, or a titan class botbot that unfolds into a mall, ala gobots command center.

Doesn't even need real articulation, just gimmicks.

Chainbase concept it build-to-your-liking, so way more expensive in the long run... but can you imagine SS or MP tf's shopping at the mall?

9. Diamondback

News Credits:
    Thinking was if you shoot for book-size, you keep it portable which is a better fit for the average On The Go lifestyle--Suzy Soccermommy can easily keep a couple stored under the car seat to keep the kids amused on long drives or ready-packed for the holidays at Grandma's house.

If we keep it to a handful of standard modules that mostly differ in decor or minor plug-n-play detail parts, that cuts engineering cost too--and Chainbase would be an easier sell because you can pick up pieces one or two at a time rather than summoning up the cost of a Titan all at once, which us adult collectors can generally do for the right item but how often do most kids have the chance to get something like Omega Supreme? Hell, when I was a kid even the equivalent of a Leader Class was a Real Big Deal...

• Like Like x 1
  10. bearytrek

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    so my first impressions on some of wave 3 I didn't have

xmas duo: Wizengreen is totally cool and Meltz Down is a good attempt but somewhat lacking
    Chad D Pad has an awesome transformation
    Rink Stink is a nice looking bot & backpack
    Sensei Spiney- love him, just wish there were more that came with accessories (Jack o'lantern aside, that one didn't quite work for me)
    Treat Elite- I think we'll be seeing this bag o-whatever-snack-product you can imagine (nuts, cookies, chips, etc) many times in the future

mostly missing the playroom posse characters (and some odd ones out) right now due to those blind-bought packs being enroute..

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    What's the going rate for a complete series cost?

Less than a current titan.

A botbots titan "MalliTron" (Female tf's are on the rise) is feasible (why can't the mall in its entirety have been energized as well?) For under 80 bucks at a high end price... just look at the playskool whatever power rangers/batman/etc. offerings in your local toy haunts.

BTW, MalliTron is coined by me... freakin' perfect, and I've only had 2 shots... err, bots. :lol 

12. Diamondback

News Credits:
    Good question, I don't know--my other thought was that a Titan is still a HUUUUUUGE item and having an on-the-go "series of modules" option means keeping things small but allowing expansion to fit available space, budget and need. (This is what drove the Micro Machines Travel City and Race-in-a-Case playsets, and MM's were what the original Micromasters were designed as a direct response to. Maybe I'm doing a little projecting about "if 1989 me had 2019 me's skills and knowledge, what would he try to design?" Seriously, I had those little TC mini-playsets assembled into a setup the size of half a twin bed...had to get creative with scrap lumber building a "table" to rest on the nightstand and dresser for it.)

Call me a "Bitter Clinger Geewunner" if you must, but the big bots of the mainline just don't have the same magic as they did back in those halcyon Eighties days for me anymore, even Masterpiece, so I'm not a fan of forcibly cramming the little guys and the big guys together *stares pointedly at Nu-Omega Supreme and Countdown*.

13. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    My MM city playsets got stolen, by an evil stepmother who sold them at yard sales to buy sequence shit to sew into sweaters... childhood rage-quiting engaged, :lol 

But this:

1985tonkacatalogcommand-768x507.jpeg

Would be awesome... a fold up carrying center that actually stowed your botbots until they landed at their next arrival point.

I'm not arguing, it's just what I'd like to see... even seeing my daughter who is only 5, take unilla icequeencone from shimmer and shine, to barbie, to polliepocket looking to fit in somewhere, somehow... I know she'd get a kick out of it as well.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Fleebnork

Fleebnork Well-Known Member

Received Amazon order of Series 3 Seasons Greeters.

Got this package, blind pack was Latte Spice Whirl.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did anyone make a note of the serial number (ids) or barcodes for the Bakery Bites and Lawn League - I was wondering if they pack have the same number for all of them by type - or if say for example the 2 Lawn League packs have a unique number.

I'm guessing they don't as on European stock a team has the same number as another team even if the pack contents is different.
    Also are they out in just Taiwan TRU or in general retail in Taiwan ?

16. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    I might be able to get the ones off the Bakery Bites. I think I still have a few of the ones I got in canada since I just needed the blinds out of 'em.

17. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Question: Is the "recommended buys" for Series 3 on the Botbots wiki up-to-date? I.e., can I rely on that to try and get a complete set? Thanks in advance.

18. Act1on

Act1on Well-Known Member

I believe so

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cosmoglide

Cosmoglide NA W4Y W3 60

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

Mostly posting to test something, but also because I really liked this shot. haha.

• Like Like x 3
  20. bearytrek

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I found the Fresh Squeezes 8pack with Nannybag at Target, so I'm down to six remaining botbots to finish off the wave...

I an see why people were so enamored of Quackles, but boy that flatback head scared me for a second

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1