Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.
And yet he stands as one cool dude, to the very last.
one cool duderoni you might say
I thought about making a dude pun. It's all too easy with ninja turtles. But that would put me right there with.... The Mad Punner.
i've been looking at ebay to see what the going price is on the ones I need and man some of the asking prices are insane!
$25 for Mocklate? You would be better off buying the whole pack he comes with...
never really considered these guys 'worth' anything, per se...I've just been content to have one set for my personal enjoyment and have given away my extras to my nieces and co-workers' kids
I dunno. I wonder how many people actually BUY any of the singles on ebay. People can put 'em up for $25, but that doesn't mean they sell.
S'like the Con Crew pack going up for 60+. People know it's gonna be on Pulse on 9/4, right?
Just bought two botbots single packs and haven't opened them yet
It depends on how much how I'd spend to get them if they were in packs+ the hassle of getting rid of extras versus just buying the one toy.
Like usually when I'm down to just the last few Botbots in a series, I'll see if the ones I want are up for trade here, and if not I'll go on eBay and if the few left are like $5-8 each, I'll dip in, instead of spending like 2-3 times that much to get the various packs the remaining few are in.
But $25 for one single Botbot? No freaking way.
There should be no reason to pay a premium for a singlepack it's easier to buy a whole case or just hope you find a fresh case in a store.
That said I'm having trouble finding Hamurai - people seem to accidentally or purposefully grab him quickly even if I see a fresh case on a shelf - he's always gone.
In general though I'm more concerned about the Arcade Renegades (as UK Distribution is kinda broken) and the Lawn League 8 packs though as those seem much more of a pain in the tail to get... the Asian outlets don't even seem to really be selling them that I can so far find It can't be that hard to find when people will want the same thing which is the full set of Lawn League 8 packs and any one example of a Bakery Bites 5 pack.
I suppose we should be grateful they have not done something even more anti-consumer like include random gold or clear repaints of EVERYONE - That would drive people insane if they did that.
Oh and since people keep offering alt mode suggestions : a Baseball mitt, a Shuttlecock, A Tennis Ball and Racket, a Hockey Stick & a Rugby Ball comes to mind. Also a Banana. (Or banana split). They can certainly do a lot more Fruit over the future.
Series 2 #21, #22 & #24... pretty guilty of only searching for these myself.
An army of hamurai would be sick.
#19, #21, #22 for me. I only ended up with two though before having to leave the US. And I overpacked so I had to leave most of the spares I was going to give away in the US. LOL.
Feel free to PM if you're after some of the Arcade Renegades, I bought 3 packs from Amazon.com and have a few left over after I finished my set (no set 6 here unfortunately)
for series one i bought a grit sandwood by itself on ebay. granted it was only $15 but it saved me from getting 7 duplicates and i felt that was a reasonable price.
but that was also for a new mold and to complete series one. i'm not about to do that on a repaint.
This is a double Hasbro reference.
I guess the botbots are too small to be used with that SDCC Rockstars TF set (was it called Knights of Cybertron?) but legends size would work well too
Not pictured Brockhead running for her ever loving life.
I've been really picking and choosing so far and anything above $6-7 shipped just seems wrong considering how some are so easy to get. I love him, but I spent $11 and change on my Mocklate and even then I feel kind of dirty. It's kind of insane how many Mocklate and Big Can Tuna have sold for $18+. Everytime you think it'll never sell and bam it does in a day. Only ever saw 1 Mocklate in the $11 range and that didn't even include shipping.
I think I'm going to just write off Hamurai at this point. There's no way I can justify spending $16+ on a single figure that retails for $4-5.
Oh they sell....they sell. Everytime I've seen that kind of insane pricing I always say there's no way that'll sell and then the next day the listing is gone and the seller as thrown up another. There are many in this hobby with the money that are desperate enough that they will pay crazy prices. Why? Because the alternative is driving around never finding the figure because they live in an area where distribution is horrible or you know scalper heavy.
it will happen...eventually!
Next year the line could go full variant chase-crazy if they feel the line is getting good support (or needs to goose sales)
Oh I don't put anything past Hasbro - I just think it would be a major dick move even more than it already is forcing you to buy the same toy multiple times is to complete a set... I can just about tolerate that much but gold chase figures would really grate my gears. especially if they were not visible in packaging and were in the single packs and lost-bot bubbles. That would be down right mean spirited and also ultimately counter to common sense as scalpers would grab everything they can preventing the kids from being able to even buy the things at all so reducing the bredth of their potential consumer base and possibly preventing a new fan getting hooked on Transformers. To much greed is always self defeating to long term product viability. That was one of the things I liked about Hasbro - that they were kinda fiscally mediocre meant no one was expecting them to make vast profits all the time so they could just meander along and not annoy people to much to often (well Cyberverse and a few other things aside). Lets just say that I've noticed them being a bit naughty and I don't want to have to black list them like I would a misbehaving Videogame publisher.
If that ever happens I will stop being a Botbot completist.
Botbots lucky draw.
I'd be out immediately.
Things I noticed
- Arcade renegade #6 is the lucky draw but at lease there isn't any exclusives. At it's price point at least the series 1 figures can be considered free crap and the S3 repeats of non #6 can still form complete sets to find second-hand. The price point of AR could have been $25 though.
- I'm too lazy to edit the wiki, but for series 1.5, if you can find it, the best scenario is not to buy both Lawn League and any Bakery Byte Pack ($40). The best option is to buy Lawn League #2, Bakery Bytes #2 and Bakery Bytes #4 ($35). You pay more per figure ($1.94 versus $1.90) but less overall.
- If you want two complete sets to keep or split then the best options is BB#2 + BB#4 + LL#1 + LL#2 x 2 ($65 or $33 per set).
Forcing you to buy multiple toys I can put up with. If it was done right. But it makes zero sense how Hasbro has done the distribution.
- At the time, Duderoni and Cuddletooth exclusive to the same package while the other 7 8P had none. Now, after chasing that down, Duderoni available in a bunch of Arcade Renegades but Cuddletooth is now the chase. The did the same thing for Lawn League #2 (although 1.5 is another issue altogether). For 8P exclusives, I actually would prefer they do it more like Grit Sandalwood where you get repeats but he's still available in two packs.
- I'm okay with Mocklate being rare since it's a repaint. Thank goodness Big Cantuna has gotten repainted. I really hope they make sure there are very few exclusive molds.
- As much as I dislike the gacha system (rare, super rare, ultra rare) with blind packs that people cannot chase down at least it's single pack.
- The same repeated figures in the multipacks. Having to buy repeats and end up with a final distribution of 1-1-2-2-2-2. . . would be nice but instead we end up with a 1-1-2-2-4-5 type distribution where a few figures overwhelms the other. Even the gacha system isn't this bad.
Separate names with a comma.