BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    those last four words pretty much sum up botbots wacky nature

I wonder when they'll do a basketball...we've got baseball pretty well covered (except for a mitt) and a football and soccer ball...could they make a golf putter? football helmet?

• Like Like x 3
  2. CrabGrass

CrabGrass Shrapnel in a trench coat and sunglasses

Yep. I ordered three and the one at the top of the box was the lucky pack.

• Like Like x 1
  3. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    I still can't shake my weird kobold vibe. XD

Where'd you get your arcade renegades from?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Strafe

Strafe Secretary of Balloon Doggies

Flickr:
    So envious of anyone with the candy corn guy, he’s at the top of my list.

Z-Bots are the best, I also kept all of mine. The more.... bitey-looking ones actually make pretty decent Scraplets?

upload_2019-8-8_3-21-40.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  5. There D Hood

There D Hood Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Some pages back some of you were talking favorites and molds we're tired of.

There's many I like but of the ones I've played with, Duderoni's my current favorite. He's just so rad with that smile and the sunglasses look.

I'll agree with the book mold being overused. Plus the robot mode isn't very appealing. Also not a fan of all the drinks and spray cans.

Otherwise, any Botbot that can't be repurposed into anything but a repaint like Rootwing and Stinkosaurus Rex. You can't change their expressions, so it's just the same toy. Unless you research the bios and what's written is really endearing or you just like the new color scheme, I don't feel the need to own them multiple times. Though in fairness, keeping molds in circulation helps anyone who missed out the first time.

Whereas any Botbot where they can do a different face printing/expression I'm okay with. A different face can add a ton of character and justify owning the same mold multiple times.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I knew Nampy was reminding me of something, but I couldn't put my finger on it until you mentioned it. He looks like Jam from Ramjammor.
    Zbots Micro Robots Linkbots RAMJAMMOR Taurikon

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

Aren't Z-Bots technically owned by Hasbro these days?

Never got them as a kid but Bogleech had an article on them a while back and I hate that I missed them as they entirely looked my aesthetic

• Like Like x 2
  8. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I looked it up and someone else (Taylored Concepts, LLC) owned the Z-Bots trademark and let it expire in 2008. It's free game now!

I ordered mine from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JXNXGZH). I ordered 3 and the last pack was the lucky pack. I didn't know about the small numbers imprinted on the back yet so I just used a flashlight to check inside each bubble. You really only see shadows, but if you know what you're looking for, it's not hard to identify them.

9. einhazard

News Credits:
    I have him! He's actually one of my favorites from this set. He just looks really awkward, he's super hefty, and he has a neat tail.

The spray-can reuse in this set is especially egregious since it's almost not eve a repaint! They just changed his arm and mohawk colors and left everything else the same.

I love bogleech! I write for that dude during his horror contest every year (and won it once!)

Sweet. If I don't get the 6 today, I'll probably go that route because I imagine returns are a lot easier than doing them through ebay. I didn't realize that there were previous series guys in those. It's kinda cool if you weren't able to GET those series, but I wish it was in retail so those of us that did didn't have to bother with it.

Found 8-packs in my local target as well this morning, so I should be good on those (except I think I need to find the one with the teddybear). Halloween Knight is SUPER cool. I love that he has a shield! Trisourtops is great as well, but to anyone else who has him, do his legs not sit flush in orange mode, or did I just get one that was assembled wrong?

10. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if they will make a male repaint of her, I'm not sure there is much potential for pumpkin repaints - they do exist in Purple though I think.
    I'm express no expertise in season squashes. Her Bio is kinda amusing as she seem hell bent on straight up murdering one of the other Botbots as she thinks it's a Dragon... which is Ironic as there are several other who are actual Dragons and similar beast forms.

Interesting thought ; can the principle abilities of the 13 Primes be applied to Botbots as well ?
    we have aspects like Femininity and Beast modes - the whole lot of them are already essentially a subset of Minicons/Micromasters and there is even some aspects of defused body structures (i.e they are not built they are some sort of nanotech & energy take over of inanimate objects) so perhaps we need a Bot Bot combiner at some point. (or even a whole year of them)

What other aspects of the 13 primes can people see in The Botbots ?

11. einhazard

News Credits:
    I'm sure we'll get the eventual green spoiled rottens version, which is the Black Repaint of Botbots.

12. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I wish it was as easy to get these in person but their size is probably what is making brick-and-mortar balk...maybe they'll turn up during the holidays...amazon probably going to wonder why so many people are ordering and returning in the meantime...

13. einhazard

News Credits:
    Yeah, for real. I ended up getting the 5 set, but considering all that's missing is some repaints, I just said screw it rather than go through the hassle. The new molds are pretty sweet to be sure. I just hope we still see a decent amount of new molds coming out as time goes on rather than just more and more and more repaints. It's at the point where I'd rather have a mold-complete set than a COMPLETE complete set.

14. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Maybe even a bowling ball that's always dizzy or a pin that's always paranoid it's going to get knocked over.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Now Healthier And More Depressing!

News Credits:
    The bowling ball would be an easy Kikmee/Sprinkleberry Duh'ball redeco, I could easily see them doing that one.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Axalonark2005

Axalonark2005 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just got the SDCC Con Crew in to add to my collection...

Before I trash the empty box, does anyone want just the box? Box is free, shipping is not.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Venixion

Venixion Resident Feather-brain

News Credits:
    The Few, the Proud, the Flashy:
    20190808_170238.jpg
    The Camera Club
    20190808_164437.jpg

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  18. Strafe

Strafe Secretary of Balloon Doggies

Flickr:
    Taste my envy!

Anyway, here's Wonderwall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 18
  19. Venixion

Venixion Resident Feather-brain

News Credits:

I love that photo with the rockin skeletons!

• Like Like x 3
  20. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    And you guys thought Sprinkleberry was in trouble with police bots....

20190808_205328.jpg

• Like Like x 11