BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Strafe

Strafe Secretary of Balloon Doggies

Flickr:
    Must. Find. Trisourtops.

Yeah, I'm good with the "this isn't a big deal" approach. I don't really need lipstick and eyelashes as identifiers on an alien robot for kids to help me remember what gender they are. They're doing a great job and it's a fun toyline, I'm content to leave it at that!

• Like Like x 4
  2. skey81

skey81 New Member

Here is the lost bot for the other packs

Goo -Goo groupies (Botte O Tears and Shushifier) has Trisourtops as the lost bot

Goo-goo Groupies (Cribwatch and Bottle O Tears) has Strike Four

Fresh Squeezes (Avocando & Bunches) has Fail Polish

Fresh Squeezes (Sensei Spiney& Trend Blend) has Strike Four

• Like Like x 3
  3. Sovietbot

Sovietbot Autobot from USSR

News Credits:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  4. Hungover Rover

Hungover Rover Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So was I! :( 

5. Floating Cat

Floating Cat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To build off of what Hungover Rover posted, and to have photographic versions, here are some additional sets.

Goo-Goo Groupies #2
    Trend Blend, Bottle O-Tears, Shushifier, Dinger, Batterhead, Choc-O-Lawless, Perfumigator, Trisourtops (Lost Bot)

Goo-Goo Groupies #3
    Avocando, Crib Watch, Shushifier, Batterhead, Halloween Knight, Sardank, Excessory, Strike Four (Lost Bot)

IMG_20190805_191045.jpg IMG_20190805_191109.jpg

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Act1on

Act1on Well-Known Member

What do you think of Series 3 so far?

7. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Halloween Knight is pretty awesome, like something out of The Nightmare Before Christmas.

[​IMG]
    t h e b a b y
    Shushifier is a quirky bot. Vaguely angelic cyclops that turns into a binky. Even for this line that's pretty weird.

Avocando sucks. A lame shellformer who's wings barely stay on and are nearly too warped to transform (it's like he took the worst aspects of Sour Wing and Dizzy Bones, ugh).

The rest of the set I got was repaints. Crib Watch at least completely changes the alt mode, and I'm a sucker for monsters so of course I love Sardank, but still a good chunk of the set is straight recolors. Meh.

• Like Like x 11
  8. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    trisourtops is probably the greatest use of creative names since frostferatu

• Like Like x 4
  9. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After much deliberation, I think I've found a good method for getting all of the Series 3 8-pack BotBots with the least amount of duplicates.

Fresh Squeezes #1: Avocando, Choc-O-Lawless, Mal Content, Moldwich, Quackles, Smerg The Sad, Yule B. Bored, Nanny McBag

Goo-Goo Groupies #1: Bunches, Crib Watch, Croaks, Loudsy, Mal Content, Nampy, Sugar Saddle, Fail Polish

Goo-Goo Groupies #3: Avocando, Batterhead, Crib Watch, Excessory, Halloween Knight, Sardank, Shushifier, Strike Four

Goo-Goo Groupies #4: Bottle-O-Tears, Cuddle Wuddle, Highroller, Mal Content, Minnycake, Trend Blend, Wristocrat, Smooth Shaker

Duplicates: 2 Mal Contents, 1 Avocando, and 1 Crib Watch.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    Good start! Any thoughts about rounding it out on 5-packs and singles, or should I take a run at it on my Spreadsheet of Doom?

11. Vector Oracle

News Credits:
    For the 5-packs I'd recommend Season Greeters #3 (Perfumigator, Stringaling, Sugar Breath, and Swoonberry), Playroom Posse #2 (Pop-O The Clown, QUROBO 6000, and Blabberbook), and Playroom Posse #4, which has Dinger in it. Kikmee would have to be Playroom Posse #1 or #3. It really depends which Lost Bots end up in which packs.

I'd recommend getting Calamity Keys and Sensei Spiny in the blindpacks. The multipacks that they're in are mostly redundant.

Possible 5-pack Lost Bots: Grave Rave, Greeny Rex, 1 more Trisourtops (and maybe 1 more Nanny McBag).

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  12. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Desperate for Lawn League packs

News Credits:
    Would you mind explaining a little more? Besides Quackles, Bunches is honestly the Series 3 new mold I'm looking forward to the most, and I find Venus Frogtrap/Croaks the worst Botbot by a LONG shot. Does his transformation legitimately not work?

13. Floating Cat

Floating Cat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the variety in new teams. Definite favorites are the Arcade Renegades and Seasons Greeters because of how unique they are.

14. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The new Botbot bios are a little hard to navigate - but using the filters for the teams cuts the list down dramatically.

Actually I was more thinking along the lines that the mould was better suited to a female nail polish bottle and as such the correction fluide bottle seemed a better idea as the male bot (running on the assumption that so many have a male and female version). Also as a rule I am a bit funny about female Cyclops - I'm not sure I entirely approve. From a story stand point (if they ever make a cartoon based on this line) then you'd end up with a lot of females who have issues emoting. Not to mention Botocorrect's bio seems like a spy or even James Bond or perhaps an assassin.. which isn't un-cool - far from it. but I'm just always thinking of the repaints. Botocorrect was the logical one to be male I'd say. (see below)

I'm not objecting to them not looking girly for any reason other than it makes it easier for me to recall which ones are male or female just by looking at them. If Hasbro gives me some sort of clue. I suspect that some of those moulds were designed to be male and were just repurposed or had the opposite gender released first - I don't see anything remotely femine about Hawt Mess for example.

I guess if we have a situation where the repaint is also female and so is the original then I have to think of them as lost sisters or rivals :

FAIL POLISH
    LOST BOTS

ROLE: MESSY NAIL POLISH

Fail Polish loves giving her fellow bots manicures with her pretty, pretty polish, but she just doesn't know when to stop. If you see splatters of shiny paint all over the place and a bot you could have sworn wasn’t pink before, you probably just missed Fail Polish.

I like what they did with :

DRILLIT YASELF
    SHED HEADS

ROLE: DECORATING DESIGNER DRILL

Drillit Yaself is one half of a remodeling dream team. While her fix-it partner, Sandy Man, tackles the demolition and rebuilds, this do-it-yourself decorating genius always picks out the perfect look for the rooms they rebuild.

&

SANDY MAN
    SHED HEADS

ROLE: FIXER-UPPER BELT SANDER

Sandy Man is one half of a remodeling dream team. While his fix-it partner, Drillit Yaself, helps bots create the look, this fixer-upper knocks it down and builds it back up, way better than it was before.

That is another good way to make complementary pairs using a shared theme and colour-scheme. rather than a shared mould.

I do wonder sometimes though - are those Pirate soaps fierce rivals - a ship can't have two captains - do they compete for crew ?

Doesn't seem to work the way it was supposed too the hinge and fronds are poorly positioned. Also the legs fell off a lot on the original one too.

15. Vector Oracle

News Credits:
    I dub thee Flipside.

16. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Odd, must have missed this news, thanks.

Damn! I wish someone frontpaged that. Thanks for the info, bought the set right away. 33$ for 16 Botbots is a great deal.

17. Hungover Rover

News Credits:
    With Bunches the plastic grape shell is really soft and there are no pegs to guide it together (something that Sour Wing and Avocando at least have) So it’s fiddly massaging the pieces together. The body is really small and the lower half of the grape bunch is supposed to swing back to get out of the way, but they get in the way from him standing at all. The head piece is supposed to lift up, but it doesn’t lift up enough, so you can’t see Bunches’ visor/eyes. Also it works solely on friction so it doesn’t click into place. So more than likely you will squash the grape hat/hair down while transforming the rest. Tiny body with massive kibble that gets in the way syndrome. Sour Wing and Avocando at least have all their kibble as wings you just fold back, and they can stand.

18. Hungover Rover

News Credits:
    Nampy is fun and more poseable than expected for having a tiny body. The crib mobile as a cane is really cute. I’m just scared of losing that tiny part. With the cane and his bio, I think of him as the Movie-Verse Jetfire of the botsbots.

Bottle O Tears surprised me. I was going to pass on this repaint but I actually like the mold more as a baby bottle than a Sriracha bottle.

Halloween Knight is good and solid and the shield is a nice touch. A sword ( candle maybe?) would help finish off the Knight motif.

Avocando - like Noideaforaname pointed out, this one is not good. The avocado shell is softer plastic/or thinner than Sour Wing’s apple, so it warps easier and thus harder to stay together. But at least the inner bot has some transformation unlike Sour Wing’s split open and stand transformation. You have to pull out Avocando’s arms and legs as well.

Sardank is a funky repaint. The teal and gold combo is so striking, so...90’s. It’s growing on me like a fungus...Fun Gus. Botbots puns are the worst.

Sugar Saddle is an ok repaint. The cup-wings pattern reminds me of J.P. Licks, and for that I would have preferred a tiny cow remold as homage to their logo.

Crib Watch is a nice repurpose of the mold but my favorite version is still Glitch Face.

Cuddle Wuddle is really cute and well done. I just wish the robot arms were bigger.

High Stroller - I like the transform and it’s surprisingly balanced on its feet for having a backpack. The tiny arms are laughable in a good way, I just hope they don’t pop off and get lost.

Mal Content - good if not boring paint scheme. I like the SDCC paint scheme better. It would make a great dog house repaint in the future - color it like Snoopy’s.

Smerg the Sad - nothing different other than a slight repaint of Rootwing. They did paint the outside of the legs this time so they blend in with the pot much better in plant mode.

Trend Blend - health smoothie works with the color scheme. My favorite version of this mold is still Sippy Berry.

Yule B Bored - my favorite repaint of this mood so far.

Loudsy - meh repaint. All the budget for paint went for the alt mode and the wood grain-which is a nice touch. Bot mode is a boring slab of brown.

Shushifier - as Noideaforaname mentioned, it gives off Angelic vibes. It’s weird and I appreciate the effort to go outside the box with this one. I wish it had a more distinguishable face.

Batterhead - I like the orange and blue repaint. I prefer Dumbeats over this one.

Choc O Lawless - doesn’t look like any chocolate sauce bottle I’ve ever seen. It’s still good and has a face that lives up to the outlaw bio. Poo-Sham is still my favorite version.

Minnycake - good repaint. Frostferatu is the better version for the name and vampire look.

Excessory - I like this repaint better than Overpack. It looks like an expensive bag.

Croaks - I thought this was supposed to be a sprouted potato - which is gross and goes well with the Spoiled Rottens. But the bio says it’s a poisonous plant. Easy pass, but the legs stay on for me unlike Venus Frogtrap.

Strike Four - really cute whiffle ball bat version. The face sells it. I think this might be my favorite version of the mold over Batsby.

Moldwhich - great repaint. The moldy slime oozing out the sides and the mischievous face are great. PB Jr is still my favorite only because I love PB&J sammiches.

Wristocrat - awesome Swatch homage. I wish it had a more pronounced face - it needs a mouth.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kofi Sapong

Kofi Sapong Active Member

Speaking of BotBots, have you seen Wildbug Warrior’s BotBots journal entries?

They’ve got a great idea for a cast for the possible web series!

20. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    20190806_133931.jpg

20190806_025154.jpg

• Like Like x 15