BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. There D Hood

There D Hood Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Yeah well, I bought eight of each so we'll see what is necessary is what isn't. I can always return the other unopened ones.

3. Tygar128

Tygar128 Active Member

If you have duplicates of individual ones u wanna sell, I would be interested

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  4. fereality

fereality Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Tumblr:
    Radhaxx/Hashtagz, Screen Fiend/Glitchface/Crib Watch, Professor Wellread/Reci P. Cooker/Bogus Pocus/Blabberbook, & Cuddletooth/McMuzzsaw.

None really.

Got a whole bunch of them (including basic art) starting here. And some repaint ideas here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    My Target has the new 8-Packs. I reeeeeeeeally should've waited until we knew the Lost Bots, but I couldn't resust just one set.
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    "Oh, the baseball bat. Off to the bottomless trade/sell pile with you..."

The sets kinda suck. Seems like every one has either the avacado, the baby monitor, or the grapes.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Act1on

Act1on Well-Known Member

So Strike 4 was the Lost Bot?

7. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is wave 3 heavily stacked in favour of fems - or does if have a few more male characters in the line - I just opened a wave 2 8 pack and it had 7 fembots and one male & that one male was a mildly insulting stereotype. I'm seriiously considering that this line may be a girls line - I already wondered if that was the case when I saw the baby and purfume related items. I'm not even bothered that they want to make so many girls. I just have this cynical thought in my head that a good portion of them were designed as males and then re-purposed as females as they just don't always have female faces - so the reason I slightly object I guess is the poor planning to not use a more feminine aspect or a more masculine one on their repaint - as were you have a character that was always supposed to be what they were always supposed to be it's pretty obvious.

But I look at Bottocorrect and I think.. someone just re-wrote their bio with "Her" in it after the toy was designed, & Brockhead would look a bit less like a bloke if they'd at least used a different facial expression. (I guess I can excuse her looking Butch as she is Butch) I actually like that a character like Sour Wing is female as it adds another layer of interest to the design. Some of them you can see they intended to make a male and female version of them... but I do wish they'd think it through - put some eyelashes or change the eye shape or something that gives you a clue - otherwise it's a piece of added info I have to remember - what gender they are. - I can't just tell by looking at them or from their name like I can with Unilla Ice Queen Cone for example.

So I wish Hasbro would give me an easier job of it - as it is I've had to make lists of which bot is a lost bot and not part of another team they more resemble and try not to get the ones that look like lost bots or spoiled rottens but are not (like Nope Soap) confused in my head. & also try to recall who is a he and who is a she from the bio alone. Not to mention trying to not confuse "Similar" teams like the Lawn League and the Shed Heads. or The Playroom Posse and the Goo Goo Groupies.

On the good side though. I like that they were or are still making additional characters for the legacy teams. Like Wave 3 still has Sugar Shocks in it for example. I hope they do some Easter Eggs or Easter Bunny something like that as a new Seasons Greeters for 2020. Heck the American Football already looks like an Easter Egg as it is.

8. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I don't doubt they were hoping to snare some of that girls blind-box-package-LOL-etc market as these lean more towards cutesy than Transformers ever has in a long time

9. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was looking at those Lock based toys they have in ASDA stores and I can't quite figure out if those are Girls toys or gender Neutral or both - either - some of them could easily pass as part of a boys line and some are very girly sort of like how the Goo Goo Groupies or many of the Swag Stylers are super girly Botbots. heck knows who they rose smelling pink Pirate is aimed at.

10. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    they may be trying to appeal more to a broad-base of kids...perhaps a smart move given how toys are going the way of the dodo these days in favor of electronic gizmos...

I think Target actually doesn't refer to Girls or Boys toy sections, even if there are definite demarcations between the types of toys...these days there is much more blending...the Mattel Wonder Woman movie line had action figures in the 'boys' aisle while the dolls were more likely found in the 'girls' aisle...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    If you feel like getting my monies I will glady buy some packs if you wants to go shopping again.

12. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Yup

13. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    On the contrary, I’m absolutely loving the fact that we’re getting so many female characters - given than the Transformers franchise in general has such a male skew, I’m delighted that the Botbots are beginning to redress the balance, in their own little way - it’s a massive part of their charm, for me. If more girls get hooked on Transformers via the ‘gateway drug’ of Botbots, then I’m all for it.

Furthermore, it’s great that we’re getting female characters in all shapes and sizes. While there have been a few exceptions in the past (Strika, Strongarm, Aileron, the Bayverse motorcycles), the vast majority of female Transformers have been slim and curvy. Again, it’s great that these new female Transformers are coming in all shapes and sizes, and without exaggerated girlie features like lipstick and eyelashes.

I mean, if you’re looking at a figure like Bottocorrect and are just assuming it’s male coded because, in Transformers, male is essentially ‘the default’, then that’s simply evidence of exactly how the franchise has failed in this regard over the years.

I’m pleasantly reminded of the Go-Bots where, even in the 80’s, toys such as Crasher, Snoop and Pathfinder were portrayed as females in the cartoon, despite not having the stereotypically female hourglass shape.

TL;DR: Yay for Botbots!

• Like Like x 8
  14. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    For what it's worth, when I give my daughter (7) a new Botbot, the first thing she asks me is "is it a he or a she?" and if it's a female, then she is more delighted. So that strategy is certainly working!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Hungover Rover

Hungover Rover Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So the four sets I got:

Goo -Goo groupies (Botte O Tears and High Stroller) has Smooth Shaker as the lost bot

Goo-goo Groupies (Nampy & Cribwatch) has Fail Polish

Fresh Squeezes (Avocando & Smerg) has Nanny McBag

Fresh Squeezes (Trend Blend & Bunches) has Smooth Shaker

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  16. Act1on

Act1on Well-Known Member

Who are you liking the most?

17. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    So now we need to find which pack has Grave Rave...

18. Act1on

Act1on Well-Known Member

I would guess one of the Seasons Greeters 5-packs

19. Hungover Rover

Hungover Rover Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quackles by far. Of the new molds I have, I have to say I’m a little underwhelmed. Overall they them seem more “delicate” and fiddly than series 1 & 2, some with very tiny parts (I fear losing Nampy’s crib mobile, or High Roller’s arms.) Bunches is my least favorite so far. What a cool idea, but terrible execution (on par with Croaks/Venus Frogtrap for me). I hope the ones I am missing will make me think more of series 3 when I get them.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Act1on

Act1on Well-Known Member

Shoot! I was looking forward to Bunches

• Like Like x 1