BotBots Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Off-topic slightly, but that MP Ratbat in Yomtov colours is absolutely lush! He so needs a purple Soundwave to buddy with!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Botbots Encyclopedia

News Credits:
    From the sheer number of Botbots revealed at Toyfair-- and how no molds have been used more than once in the same series-- it's almost certain at least SOME Series 4 Botbots were shown at Toyfair, so I believe plans are (or at least were) to continue it into 2020. I have absolutely no info on Botbots sales-- either personal experience or concrete national/global sales-- as I only have one local crummy Walmart.

3. combinerlover

combinerlover ToiletTroop/ShedHead fan boy

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I got a question, who does Greeny TeX ( Lostbot) belong to? Who is the strange looking Ghost busters back pack looking thing, belong to?

4. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    In my area they are selling well. They don't get bought out immediately but sets usually last about a week or two before disappearing. Even restocks eventually sell out. Heck, there aren't any wave 1's near me anymore. All wave 2's.

5. Matchbox

Matchbox Ooga

I cant Find any Series 2 Botbots in Vancouver "/

6. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    The new ghostbusters mp10? Maybe Ectotron? :lol 

I swear, I wish these botbots had foldout 5mm pegs.

7. fereality

fereality Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Tumblr:
    I assume you mean these two
    Botbots Series 3.jpeg

Rex here is probably a Shed Head
    and the unnamed suitcase/camping backpack is probably a Jock Squad or as a stretch a Swag Styler

8. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Matching up the names from the pre-Toy Fair press release, the blue bag is probably Rink Stink who is a Jock Squad and most likely transforms into a hockey duffel bag.

I think Rex is probably the Fresh Squeezes Lost Bot. I’m not convinced there are any Shed Heads in Series 3. Considering the flashlight is a confirmed Jock Squad I’m inclined to say that the ten looking fellow we’ve seen is also a Jock Squad and that the team includes camping themed botbots as well as traditional sports gear.

9. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    Super Hero Talk.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  10. combinerlover

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Now that I'm looking at it, it looks like a duffle bag, it has a handle on top with straps down both sides of the front... I hope Greeny TeX isn't a toilet troop member.. I'm absolutely dieing for at least one more newer mold.. I'm still curious as to whom the grey Nobeeoh is from? , toilet troops, or idk, thought it might be a Swagstylers lostbot but then we all saw that Bottocorrect had a pinkish repaint, which is ( imo) nail polish.. Idk, and the bird house must be a ShedHead, unless its a tent, then it'd most likely belong to the Jocksquad.. I'm dieting to know what all goodies we have coming our way :)  any ideas guys and gals

11. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The gray Nobeoh seems to the be the Lost Bot rep for the Seasons Greeters (notice it’s in the same place that say, Hamurai is on the Spoiled Rottens Packages) somebody floated the idea that it might be a Halloween decorative tombstone earlier and I really like the sounds of that idea.

• Like Like x 1
  12. combinerlover

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Do you have a link to said package showing him in the bottom left hand corner of a Season Greeters pack?

Google Image Result for https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-0kvv9/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/296860/419677/apippxo8f__87454.1558109359.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on

By the GODs your right! The Lostbot that's affiliated to each tribe is always in the bottom left hand corner, with Dimlit being an exception.. Even though the Jocksquad was missing one on their pack and now knowing he's a repaint for the Jocksquad in Series 3, I think its safe to say he's an unspoken member.. Just imo any way.. But I'm curious as to how Nobeeoh/Be-oh could completely resemble a Tombstone? He's not flat surfaced enough in my opinion, hummm, interesting none the less.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2019
  13. fereality

fereality Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Tumblr:
    Am I the only one surprised we haven't seen any KOs yet?

• Like Like x 2
  14. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    I mentioned it a while ago, perhaps in the ko thread itself... imagine a 3rd party ko-ing them, but oversizing and adding 5mm foldout pegs to interact with other mainline figures.

Yeah, I'm daydreaming

15. Heavynova

Heavynova Decepticon Tactician

I really am, actually. I was hoping for some 3rd parties to take them on too, making their own Botbots and possibly some scaled up, more poseable versions as well.

16. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    In all seriousness, I can overlook the little "deodorant cap" if it is indeed a tombstone, but the dial right smack in the center is a bit too much to ignore.

Also, I think the Christmas tree is a Lost Bot for the Seasons Greeters.

17. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m with you in terms of the obvious deodorant molding but there’s no getting around the fact that it’s definitely the Seasons Greeter’s Lost Bot one way or another. It can’t be the Christmas tree as that guy was seen in the Season’s Greeters group shot and none of the Lost Bots for any group were in those (Hamurai and the orange triceratops were absent from the Spoiled Rottens, Ol Tic Toc and the pink bottocorrect were absent from the Swag stylers etc.)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes hurt, rolled them too hard

No better feeling than seeing a new box of blind-packs, only to find out the ones you're looking for have already been bought.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Act1on

Act1on Active Member

Any reason why the Walmart app says that they have series 3 5-packs in stock at a Walmart near me? (I checked it and they only had series 2 5-packs)

Attached Files:

20. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    Point taken, though I think plans have changed slightly since the Toyfair press releases. For example, Halloween Knight was listed among the Series 3 blind packs (that's the only reason we know his name), but the images don't show him in them.