Boss battles. SPOILERS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Soundwaver5000, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Soundwaver5000

Soundwaver5000 Well-Known Member

I just recently finished fall of cybertron. I liked the campaign overall (although I thought it could have been longer). But the one area I was disappointed with was the boss fights. There was barely any! The insecticons didn't even fight you, other than hardshell, which all you had to do was throw things at. And the bruticus boss battle was so easy my 7 yr old cousin beat it on hard. Although I'm stuck on the fence on whether or not I liked the final battle.

So I just wanted to know what you guys thought of the boss battles. What you liked. What you didn't like. What boss battle you would have wanted. And what battle you would want to see in the next game.

2. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i wanted a harder Bruticus battle and a Defensor boss battle. other than that, i'm good

3. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

What they need to do is assign you missions based on Decepticon/Autobot activity, with it ending with a boss fight with the guy who's behind it (much like wfc), but with a much larger enviroment (like foc), not every level like this but a few. Then make it into a variety of gameplay, including stealth, blasting your way in, flying/driving your self in (or chase), until you corner the target and that's when the battle starts.

What would be cool is that they make an assaination team consisting of Mirage, Sunstreaker and Prowl and you just go around taking down listed Cons.

4. mrcaino9

mrcaino9 Leakin' Lubricants!!!

The boss battles in FOC were mainly poor in comparison to WFC, i would have included:

Jazz vs. Shockwave (grappling hook vs. jet mode... could have been interesting)

Megatron/Decepticons vs. Metroplex (i seriously thought this would happen)

Bruticus vs. Defensor (like Onslaught24 said earlier in this thread... this could have been a sweet cameo for the Protectobots)

The Insecticons vs. Sludge (atleast a cutscene showing him go out with a bang)

... and what i'd like to see next game:

Autobot/Decepticons vs. Unicron

The Dinobots vs. Devastator or Bruticus

Galvatron vs. Ultra Magnus

Jetfire vs. Starscream (air to ground battle supreme)

and a campaign playable IronHide (with an ability) trash'in somebody... Octane maybe,
    (introduce triple changers)

5. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A Fallout/Deux Ex:HR style Transformers FoC game?

I'd buy it at full price.

6. Soundwaver5000

Soundwaver5000 Well-Known Member

What I would've wanted was a megatron vs Starcream fight. They set it up perfectly!!
    Megatron could shot him while he flew around, and then when starscream came to the ground you could have used your hover power and slammed into the ground. Instead they just left this moment to a simple cutscene.

7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I didn't like any of the Boss Battles in FOC. What I would like to have gotten is a fight with Shockwave in Jazz's level and Starscream in Megatron Returns. And then in Grimlocks level, I think they should have saved Hardshell, Sharpshot and Kickback for a fight against all three of them.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree. Only part that felt kind of like a real boss fight was Bruticus, and he was still easy as piss. The final Optimus and Megatron fight was incredibly dumb. Let's throw away nearly all the gameplay mechanics we've played the entire rest of the game with just to have an "epic" cinematic ending sword fight. Lame.

9. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Metroplex and Shockwave would've made great bosses. They were the major threats to their respective rival factions, it's a shame you never get to confront them (besides the quick arm-eating Grimlock does).