Boosting

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by iLuvM3, Aug 2, 2010.

1. iLuvM3

iLuvM3 Me, Grimlok, King!

I have to say that out of the many online games this one i can easily understand why people boost.

Not only is it hard to find stable matches to play but a majority of matches the host will quit.

The way to earn points is nearly impossible, i've played matches and done amazing and i've played matches where i've done poor..in either case i came out with nearly the EXACT amount of points.

As with that the double XP doesn't seem to make a change either. It's annoying for those who have beaten the game and have all of the trophies except for the ones you earn by playing online. I honestly don't think i've yet to have come across anyone who has a prime status..maybe i have but didn't realize it.

The thing is i don't really think the online has much to offer and it is going to die out faster than most online multiplayer games. It's great they spent the time in the story, i loved the story and i love escalation. Multiplayer just isn't the same, it really differs from games like Call of Duty, Battlefield, Socom, & Halo. The point system is a bit off but i appreciate the effort, don't get me wrong. But if i come across boosters, which i'm sure i have because i can find very few games and it seems like the same few..I'd rather let them do what they're doing than bother them. If the game was more of a popular online game and a variety of people played it leading to those who boost like in MW2 then i would have a bigger problem

2. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    I haven't come across any boosters yet, surprisingly. Cheaters oh yeah, but not boosters... yet. I think part of it is also because after you hit Prime Mode, you have to relevel all over again. I know when I read that in the manual, I was like, "What?!"

3. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

If you're getting the same amount of points when you do good and when you do poor something is wrong. More kills means more points, if you do better logically you will get more exp.

As for the multiplayer, I think it has a LOT to offer, in fact the MP demo is the only reason I purchased the game so they must be doing something right. When it comes to it not being like Call of Duty or other games, the multiplayer is nearly identical to Call of duty in the structure and the way the skills/kill streaks are set up. They borrowed from the most popular games when creating it.

I loathe boosters really, I made it to Prime in two weeks and releveled to 25 in about the same time, there is no reason to boost. It doesn't matter if the game isn't as popular, lazy people will boost their rank in any game.

Either way, the MP is not for everyone but personally I find it to be exciting and rather fun even after putting so much time into it, I eagerly await the next DLC.

4. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    boosting, i could do, but only on the classes i hate, like soldier and leader, no into them at all, but even then, i'd rather not

5. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Boosting is essentially cheating IMO. I don't get this philosophy that everyone HAS to reach the top level right away. These things come naturally with time. Enjoy the game, not the numbers...

In fact this applies to all online games - people these days seem more focussed on getting max level/points etc. and seem to overlook the actual fun factor of the game. It's the reason why WOW sucks and MW2 is an excersise in idiot-tolerance.