Bombusbee / Devil Savior Movie Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Operative294, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Stigcrafter

Stigcrafter Flailhand McHunchback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    how big is your desk?!

• Like Like x 2
  2. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Pretty big!

And my computer is to the left, out of sight.

EIkHHx-WwAA08gQ.jpg EIkHJAzX0AAb3kq.jpg EIkHKCMXYAMc9Rh.jpg EIkHGupW4AApZ9Y.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  3. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 "Boy, you returned for me" - me when MPMs

News Credits:
    You misunderstand. SS Devastator is now doubling as his new desk

• Like Like x 8
  4. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    My work has a ‘clean desk policy’ which means nothing whatsoever un-work related allowed on desks and everything must be stored away over night or it will be binned.
    Banning freedom of expression is tight!

• Like Like x 1
  5. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    My job encourages cube decoration and my bosses love it. And custodial staff aren't allowed to touch anything on our desks, but we're responsible for keeping them clean.

• Like Like x 3
  6. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    On one hand I’d love to be able to do that with my desks, but I won’t lie, I’m so happy I ain’t in a cube at work. Do bring one or two to work however, just got to take em home after because I ain’t leaving hundred dollar figures with cleaning staff.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    Understandable.

8. eliot

eliot Well-Known Member

I think if we take this as tfevo....., I would pretty much avoid it. Good paint doesn't make up for poor build. Granted the splits haven't arrived in pieces in the box, like their hotrod, but a bit coming loose is just one shorter screw than is required away.

I think it's a case of good theory or design but poor execution. Both had ballache transformations.

So far nobody loves transforming or standing split...., the price is justified because the paint is nice? - no.

Im glad I didn't bite on this.

• Like Like x 5
  9. jaraxel

jaraxel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I've messed around with Split and yeah, the transformation isn't something fun, esp the cemet mixer part. I've found however once you have things oriented properly (I'm lookiing at you that random L shaped thing on a double spinning hinge on the arms!) things tabbed in properly for me and didn't even feel I need to force anything. The only tab issue I have is with the track cab bed, where there's a T tab to lock the two legs together.

However I don't want to think how the things will tab together for the rest of the combiner...............

10. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I'm 1000% in on SS devastator at this point as I'm really happy with how it turned out. However I will continue to follow this thread as it is an ambitious and interesting project and I wish it success. At this point in my collecting life I will be trying to stick with "clever and easy" transformations over "insanely complex" ones as the later is a huge turnoff for me, regardless of the results.

That's actually terrible. Not joking I would really resent that. I had two transformers-related things on my desk within the first week at my new job!
    I've worked in "open office" style settings for years now and I fucking hate them. I would kill for a cubicle or at least some semblance of a partition!

• Like Like x 5
  11. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    Buuuuuut there are people in this thread that have given good reviews.

• Like Like x 1
  12. sickodude

sickodude Member

Just got my Split today and while transforming to truck mode, I realised this piece came off but have no idea where it came from, help please?

[​IMG]

13. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Your image is broken. You might not be able to post images yet. You're still very new to the boards.

14. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    Ha, there are actual scientific studies on the benefits of decorating/personalising your work space but why would that matter?
    It doesn’t even really affect me as I’m not confined to a specific section and have a couple of private areas just for my team but I do feel for the rest of the building.
    Either way I still wouldn’t leave any of my collectibles at work. The cleaners are shameless and will take anything that isn’t bolted down.
    Looking at mine right now and I have no idea where that came from. Is it part of a joint?

15. GAPSSS

GAPSSS hates waking up.

News Credits:
    I posted about a week ago that I kinda hated the figure, due to its quality. After a few days of messing with it, I actually enjoyed this figure. I didn't hate the transformation, I hated the "off" resistances, it was obvious that this figure was rushed. But have to say, the plastic used on split is SOLID, its dense and can take flexural stress, if this plastic quality is consistent throughout the line, I'm sure the finished combiner will be solid plastic quality-wise. The paint is amazing; kinda odd at first due to the sandy texture from the dry brushing, but its good, I had no paint chips so far even though I kinda muscled through my first few conversions.

My fixes include:
    • Shortening and thinning the tabs of the cab (Devy's face) that go on the legs
    • Shaving the hooks on the lower mixer to the wheels
    • Disassembling the waist to dislodge it from the glue (Isolated case)
    • Shaving the tab at the back to fit the cab
    • Glued the screws of the front wheels so they wont come loose

Personally, I now consider Split as one of my best movie figures, got him along with my Dragoon, after the fixes I prefer Split. The trouble of fixing those issues are worth it, note I didn't fortify any major joints or anything, I just shaved a few stuff. I got it for like 95 dollars; I'd say it's worth it, since I really didn't mind the fixes, only the glued legs angered me honestly.

I also don't think they're the same company as TFevo. I just think they're a new 3p company that rushed release due to CNY. I hope the feedback they got (if any) will push them to have better standards in the future. But that's just my opinion.

Also I'm a sucker for painstaking transformations.

• Like Like x 3
  16. GAPSSS

GAPSSS hates waking up.

News Credits:
    that's a screw cover for the crotch

17. sickodude

sickodude Member

Ah yes, now I see it. I will plug it back in once he is back in robot mode, thanks for the help! :) 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tfan12

Tfan12 Well-Known Member

In feeling for those of you that have him already, from which of these figures does quality feels more alike?

Unique toys challenger
    Tdw GOD Bonecrusher
    MPM movie Figures
    Alien Attack elcid

Sorry for the question but I have mine paid but unable to be shipped

19. GAPSSS

GAPSSS hates waking up.

News Credits:
    Plastic-wise its like UT, but denser and feels a bit grainy. It's like a matte counterpart of the plastic used in black apple's MPM OS prime. don't have elcid, but i have firage, it's like that but matte. It's Good.

Generally, the quality is above MPM, and around the same plastic as UT but with the fiddlyness of AA. If you're willing to do a bit of extra work with it, it's worth it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    When is the next figure in this line due to be released?

I trust our cleaning lady. She's there every day and has been with the company for years. Plus as a 50-something south american woman I don't peg her as much of a Transformers fan :D  And yeah, even just a couple of personal things makes life so much better. I know when I'm tired of staring at screens I can just look over at whichever figure is on my desk at the time (I usually switch out only keeping one or two on there at a time) and feel a bit more relaxed. Studies also show that open offices increase anxiety and facilitate workplace drama, resentment and gossip, not creativity or whatever other bullshit they tried to justify cramming more people in a smaller space with.

• Like Like x 1