Bombusbee / Devil Savior Movie Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Operative294, Jun 10, 2019.

1. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    This thread makes me irrationally angry lol

not cause of the figures but because some of the posts on here are just so fucking mindbogglingly idiotic

• Like Like x 13
  2. Black Conoy

Black Conoy Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    Looks nice but I’m getting the Studio Series version

3. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice to see he actually has some paint, unlike the Hasbro version. Amazing what a difference some proper colours and details make!

Does he only have one "connecting arm" per wheel, though? (Ie. only on one side of the wheel, instead of both sides.) Is that movie-accurate?

Neither this version or Hasbro's captures the design perfectly. I'd like to see the Studio Series figure with this paint scheme!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Master Farr

Master Farr Banned

Scavenger
    1% Robot
    99% Kibble

• Like Like x 4
  5. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :deadhorse: 

6. Mercutio

News Credits:
    Actually, that's the first time I've hit the horse. I was comparing their paint, which we couldn't compare until now, seeing both versions in colour. Or am I not allowed to express an opinion once?

And if you read the rest of my post, I suggested that the Hasbro figure might look better than this one if it had this type of paintjob. Is that also a "dead horse" opinion?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  7. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Might be the first time YOU expressed it, but it very much has been beaten to death in this thread.

And saying something has been beaten to death isn't a threat to your freedom of expressing opinions.

• Like Like x 2
  8. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol about $800 for the entire set that\'s not much bigger than classic leader class, and the scaling of each vehicle is vastly different from each limb and head.  I\'ll pass.  I almost stared preordering this figure until I found out that it actually won\'t be all that big when compared to say, Black Apple optimus prime.

And the SS Devastator is going to look worse than this devil savior version. 

9. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

would showz be the best place to preorder? i don't have any experience with them

10. Mercutio

News Credits:
    I can't find any other post that's said this since the colour pics were revealed. So again, not sure why you're dissuading people from expressing their views.

Clearly, my top-quality post was adding valuable observations and nuance to an ongoing discussion! :thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  11. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron Unicron Herald BladeZero

News Credits:
    anyway, as i talked to a friend who at least is considering mixmaster, maybe there are ways to pose them to make them look better, and as i said, it boils down to personal opinion, for me, the problem is the individual robot mode proportions, not even the kibble, of course if someone doesnt care about those robot mode,s or likes how they look i would say go for it, EVERYTHING ELSE, seems to be perfect, and i mean it, vehicle modes, the combined mode, the extra details and accessories, guns, things like those, are present, and i for once am glad someone is doing bayformers that are not bee or optimus, (i said bayformers, so knightformers dont count , also there are already way too many in production for me to even care)

but, as with dream factory bonecrusher, why do they insist anything will go? for a more humanoid character design is ok but they keep repeating the same proportions, see how many people whine and cry about every single inch that is not correct in a g1 optimus, and whatnot, i think we have the same freedom to both express or dislike when someone doesnt do a bayformer DESIGN justice, and at the same time, those who like what has been done to buy them at whatever price they see fair for the product, regardless of accuracy

tldr

those who like what they see, rejoice, those who dont, shouldnt be silenced either
    both sides have reasons to like this product or not and BOTH are equally valid

also i will totally pressure my friend to make a fan mode on that mixmaster to make it looks as accurate as possible, some joints suggest it could be possible XD

you know, FRIENDSHIP

• Like Like x 1
  12. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

I'm not suppressing anyone, just someone who's tired of every dam post being a comparison to the Hasbro version.

13. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

While the color scheme on this guy is leagues ahead, and it's probably more accurate to the source material, I actually think I prefer the Studio Series version. The head being on the little swivel joint just looks off to me, and I think the wheels are a bit too small. I love how big and chunky the Studio Series' wheels are.

Still, I'm eagerly looking forward to their Hightower and Scrapemetal reveals, since Hightower is probably one of my favorite movie designs.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sephiroth169

Sephiroth169 Well-Known Member

This is insane.

I can not Imagine how much time and efford went into these Figures.

It is sad that so many People keep Bashing at this Project.

DS clearly made this with Love.

You can even move the Entire damn Devastator Head into all Directions.

It must be truly a Masterpiece in Combined Mode.

• Like Like x 7
  15. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    COMPARE/CONTRAST

DS-01 / SS-53 (Alternate Mode)
    DS-01 & SS-53 (AM).jpg

DS-01 / SS-53 (Robot Mode)
    DS-01 & SS-53 (RM).jpg

DS-02 / SS-55 (Alternate Mode)
    DS-02 & SS-55 (AM).jpg

DS-02 / SS-55 (Robot Mode)
    DS-02 & SS-55 (RM).jpg

• Like Like x 21
  16. LDM

LDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  17. D0nut

D0nut Well-Known Member

I still think both sets look great for their respective price point. Picked up Mixmaster today at the store and he's a great little pangolin monster, while Suns video definitely has me drooling over Split. His transformation looks involved but certainly no worse than any of the MPM styled Prime's or your average Fanstoys figure. Ultimately once Troublemaker is done, Studio Series Devastator will go into my kids toybox.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Master Farr

Master Farr Banned

Do you wanna stop bitching, it's really depressing

19. Master Farr

Master Farr Banned

It sounds more like you're saying we're not allowed to voice our opinions

• Like Like x 1
  20. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

The SS version Robot and Vehicle modes are way more accurate but damn their Devastator mode sucks compares to this one. (So far) I'll withhold judgement until I saw the finished combined mode, but so far, it aint looking good

21. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    I just feel like the robot mode of DS Scavenger really shows the shortcomings of using the Legends as a base. It worked on a small scale, but on a larger scale it just doesn't hold up. So far the only ones I like are Mixmaster and Scrapper, and I might buy them as standalone figures.

• Like Like x 1