Bombusbee / Devil Savior Movie Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Operative294, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    His spider leg desgins are already too imposible to do.

2. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    It’s a lot less impossible than tlk megs and prime, or a clean boxy unicron turning into a sphere, which are all getting amazingly accurate figures, so I call BS on that design being impossible.

The beauty of modern official and third party designers is that they make the impossible, possible.

• Like Like x 9
  3. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Prepare to be disappointed.
    Although, at least Hasbro's version looks to at least have the 4 arms, which this 3rd party figure also seems to lack.

4. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What I really want to see is their Longhaul.

5. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

Wow, he looks like a bff candidate for Bonecrusher.

6. ArkhamSoldier

ArkhamSoldier Broke as heck

News Credits:
    Those hands are lit

7. BLNadal

BLNadal Space Monkey

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don’t know why, but I didn’t like this one

8. KikeNrg

KikeNrg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Size comparison

75220835_568791783874185_1026360311726211072_o.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  9. Rakuen_Nox

Rakuen_Nox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you look closes it's clear this Overload does have two arms, it splits at the elbow into a claw and a robust 'scissor' hand.

Nice to see the vehicle modes all lined up, guess having a devastator whose components are in scale is truly a pipe dream thanks to the design. Hopefully Longhaul is closer to Mixmaster's MPM scale!

• Like Like x 2
  10. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Right, but it's not two completely distinct arms like in the concept art. It's an interesting approach though.

11. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    So they are definitely using the legends version as the base for each design, then adding some more details and complexity.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I was gonna say, it seems that design is too ambitious even for 3rd party so I doubt we'll ever see that in an Overload figure who can also combine. Overload is in a crucial position of stability for the combined mode so having him split apart too much would be impossible I guess. Oh well too bad.
    Yeah seems like it. I mean they were mostly solid designs for combining legends figures. I like how Hasbro has some variety though. I doubt their overload will be the same as this one.

• Like Like x 3
  13. aurance

aurance Well-Known Member

Hmm, I’m not really interested in this set as a whole (even though it looks well done, for what it is), but I like that Overload enough to get it by itself! Hopefully the quality is good!

• Like Like x 2
  14. wboender

wboender Impatient Overspender

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    this looks really good, but i don’t want to double dip since i already have half of the SS Devy. though i wouldn’t be opposed to just vehicle to combined modes like this video:

it would probably be the most screen accurate devy ever!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the best place to get most of the limbs from if someone wanted to attempt the full on crab/scorpion like Robot mode is to use the hopper to fold them all up into.

Toy Dream Factory might have someone on staff who could do it as he's not a million miles away from being like their Bonecrusher and that sort of size would be about as big as you could make it without it being unable to support it's own weight on spider legs.

I like Overload's design so much i'd buy one that couldn't combine so long as it had all the alternative robot mode transformations and the vehicle mode. But it's likely possible to have it still form the lower torso especially if you are using the mysterious yellow dumptrucks as part of the hips so he doesn't have to include the hip joints at all. as if it is just a piece one has to slap onto the underside of scavenger it make it a lot less complex in lower-torso mode than it would if it has to be the hips as well. The key to making the best possible robot and vehicle modes might be in using 9 Constructicons for the combination instead of 7. ( I have heard some speculate up to 11 is possible) It depends on a number of factors though like do you sneak a cheeky extra bulldozer or powerloader or dumptruck into the right shoulder and how many extra vehicles you include in the hips.

Looking at all the art and the way they are presented - i'm speculating that Hightower connects directly to Scavenger and then has another component as a hand. where as Scrapper may connect to another yellow vehicle which in turn connects to scavenger (a small bulldozer might be appropriate) The hips may be a powerloader and a smaller yellow dumptruck with some of that mass going down almost to the knee, though it is arguable what would work better having the joint in those "extras" or in Longhaul and Yellow-Rampage (who really needs their own name) So I'm not sure if we are supposed to think of that other leg as Yellow-Rampage or as Bonecrusher. It seems likely were are supposed to pretend Constructicon Bonecrusher doesn't exist due to the 2007 Movie Bonecrusher. But there is plenty of possible stand ins we can speculate on such as Blight.

Also there is that mysterious red Volvo excavator as well that is present with the others rescuing Megatron. I've long wondered if he died in the battle or was seperated from them and so when they combined they were all hunched over due to a piece being missing from the Torso - that is designed to fit between Scavenger and Mixmaster or between Scavenger and Overload.

Though one might also speculate that perhaps 2 terex Excavators were supposed to be in the combination one red, one white and that because Optimus Murdered one they are missing reduced mass in the shoulders. There may be a theoretical "Devastator perfect mode" with a dozen components and it lost at least 3 of them along the way.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ib4cx3pt

ib4cx3pt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  17. Skyquake21

Skyquake21 Dinobot Wrangler

I dig those curly grinch fingers. I wonder if he has a hidden spider leg mode like the original concept. If the Studio Series one looks just as good, i wouldnt mind having both tbh

18. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Man, overload looks pretty good. Those arms especially. The little subarms kind f remind me of tesarus. I'm not interested in the rest of the devastator, but damn! I think the only thing to worry about ow is plastic and quality control. Any idea how much he'll cost?

19. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Just noticed the double wheels hanging off his pincers...

20. BLNadal

BLNadal Space Monkey

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    upload_2019-11-14_12-4-9.png

• Like Like x 9