Bombusbee / Devil Savior Movie Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Operative294, Jun 10, 2019.

1. AtomicLad

AtomicLad Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I already have preorders up for the first guys in this run. BUT, would really like to see a mock-up of what the assembled form will/should look like. Surely the designed and at least 3d printed a completed/assembled prototype right? They're not really going to do a combiner without mocking it up first are they?

I'm also guessing we are looking at 2+ years minimum to complete him.

2. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The more I look at these new pics the less accurate the colors seem to me. Wasn't he more grey as opposed to navy?
    Ah gotcha.

• Like Like x 2
  3. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    So far I'm liking this more than the Studio Series version...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Aurum Prime

Aurum Prime Active Member

As awesome as this looks overall, that mixer is just too big to look realistic at all to me, way too exaggerated. I grew up with a father who owned a construction company and a fairly constant job at said company for the majority of my childhood/teenage years, so it might just be a me thing.

5. Evan Wellens

Evan Wellens Hyped for MPM Jazz!

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    This is cool and all, but I feel like most of us are already 4 figures deep in the SS devastator, so who is this for? 

6. ShadowOfSilver

ShadowOfSilver Element 47

Ebay:
    Yeup.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  7. BLNadal

BLNadal Space Monkey

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think Overload would be smaller than SS one next to the constructicons

8. Bee Camaro

Bee Camaro Well-Known Member

I remember thinking this looked like crap when i first saw it. I've definetly changed my mind after seeing this. I just wish it was bigger though.

MPM scale would be a bit over 1 meter in height, if we're going for the carbot (1/29) scale that is.

The big boi MPMs are 1/35, right? Then he would be about 90cm. Is the 50cm height supposed to be him standing up or on all fours?

I've been going by his height on the scale chart, where he's standing up, but he would surely be a lot shorter when he's crawling.

• Like Like x 2
  9. TheSuperion

TheSuperion Am...were...Aerialbots

And this is why its stupid to argue that SS Devastator is already obsolete thanks to DevilSavior. The Studio Series release is doing entirely different things and is not even attempting to compete with this one. As far as I can see, both have different strengths and weaknesses, and will appeal to to entire different collectors.

But no, clearly I'm a moron for continuing to buy Hasbro's "rubbish," and I should go and spend thousands of dollars on 3rd party toys every year, like "enlightened" toy collectors do. Frankly, I wouldn't do this even if I had really good pay. The best thing about Hasbro toys is how affordable they are and how rapidly they release, which means I'm getting to play with multiple new toys nearly every month. My collection wouldn't be half as big - or as enjoyable - if I only collected third party figures.

It is, however, more than fine if you prefer to collect 3P toys. But it gets really fucking annoying when certain 3P collectors use every opportunity to trash Hasbro and, by extension, people who buy their toys. (Which, in case you were wondering, has been repeatedly happening in threads on SS Devastator over in News and Rumors, among other places. Yeah, I'm not making this post just for giggles. I'm getting really tired of this shit and wanted to let you all know.)

• Like Like x 8
  10. Manoleitor

Manoleitor Member

Hello, Did they say anything about the price?

11. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. As a 3P collector, even if this was announced first I would still get the SS version myself. Its simply not a version I want to spend the premium money on adding to my collection. I never got the first hasbro movie devy which was ok for its time, so the SS series version fills that void at a more reasonable price. Even as a movie figure fan Im still selective at what 3P figs I buy. Mostly get characters that fit in with the MPM figures that havent been made.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Part of the reason I stopped collecting is because figures are getting too expensive. Leader class figures cost £45 so at a certain point some 3P and Hasbro figures start to get close. I think that everyone should get what they want, and only children get so offended over things like this, like idiotic console "wars" I wish I could like Hasbro's Constructicons, but I can't stand the kibble.

• Like Like x 3
  13. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

you know what would be fucking awesome that hasbro will never do. Along with redoing all the movie stuff in Studio Series, they should also start giving toys to these random ass concept art characters.

like, imagine some of the already great movie figures in interesting characters getting redos also. I have fond memories of the deluxe Breakaway. How about a modern voyager of that design?

In the case of the concept art constructicons, make them compatible with Devastator. Not as like additions to just keep piling more cons into Devastator, but like to swap out existing pieces. Cyclops Torso McBuzzsaw here for example could stand in for ScrapMetal as the left hand giving Devastator a gnarly Buzzsaw hand.

I always loved the nonsense designs that where coming the form the movies. Devastator and the Constructicons chief among them for being the most out there.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  14. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Wow. The paint job is amazing, but movie toys are so fiddly, I\'m not sure I trust a first time 3rd party to make ones that don\'t break.

15. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    That would be dope, but you have to be star wars or star trek-level popular for decades to get that kind of cool stuff to be made. I would love to see some of the concept art stuff for the movies made into figures.

• Like Like x 1
  16. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Yeah, I'd love Bayverse toys of characters that didn't actually make it into the movie, like Breakaway, Skyhammer, Guzzle, and even characters that never got toys like Prowl, Hoist, Grapple, etc.
    And your Constructicon idea is brilliant!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  17. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

now i'm wondering what the others would be... Buzzsaw cyclops face was pretty easy to come up with something because he's so unique but the other concept constructicons are pretty normal by movie construction standards, I guess they could just be variations on the limbs? I would at least make sure that none of them would replace the same part that way you could use em all at once for a funky tooled up Devastator.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  18. Yohan PLMIXMB

Yohan PLMIXMB Not well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    (That's supposed to be reply to Shmoptimus Prime but forget to add multiquote)

Yes, should be dark grey, dont know why they go with dark blue 12965626143_f4c3af4a1f_o.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  19. Stigcrafter

Stigcrafter Andrew

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I don't know what I love more, the designs or the them being referred to as boys. Either way they're all my children now

• Like Like x 2
  20. b ri de s hea d

b ri de s hea d Remember the Lobster Called Gimlet?

deeply hyped for this. both the painting and sculpting look excellent

• Like Like x 1
  21. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Where's the Decepti-dog hood ornament in that picture?

• Like Like x 2