Bombusbee / Devil Savior Movie Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Operative294, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Rakuen_Nox

Rakuen_Nox Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The deep sea six scene was great, ROTF had such unique designs and just the way they moved had so much potential as you say!

Loved the little we did get like ravage crocodile swimming over Megs :D 

• Like Like x 1
  2. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):

3. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Is this another video just played backwards? Also, he keeps locking in the robot mode waist using those flaps and I don't think that's supposed to happen.

So I was looking at the prototype images of sweeping and I noticed a few small features that were dropped for the final product:

the waist flaps that just sort of hang out on his sides were meant to rotate around and fold back onto the tail.

Also, the elbows were changed to a different hinge system and the flap with the gear thing that was supposed to fold down is not there anymore.

617519E4-9AF1-4264-80AB-6C6F1FEBD640.jpeg
    Here you can see the old hinge with the rotation:
    89CCE859-C318-47A1-8D4A-A4E72A4D0C2D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2021
  4. Catalyst1945

Catalyst1945 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Vehicle mode definitely cleans up better without the hinge. Not sure how it would’ve looked in person with the rotation for robot mode, but I like that it adds a bit more thickness to the upper “tail”.

5. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is the one other figure I plan to pick up the OSKO of hasbro's for. Despite superior details on this guy (and paint- but I can easily fix that), Hasbro's looks closer to me and seems to capture more of the essence. Also, he'll probably end up physically bigger that the DS version (which I have as well)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah true, although I do like the look of the elbows a lot more in the prototype, but I guess they hadn't added the collapsing feature to the elbow for combined mode yet.

7. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I've had all of the members released so far in the combined for a while and the stability does concern me a bit as the legs do seem to have trouble holding him up unless you position him leaning back a good bit. Mostly Sweeping seems to have issues staying tabbed together in certain but seemingly key spots. I'll try tightening up some of these joints and connections to see if it helps.

8. RZ500

RZ500 Overload Enthusiast

Have you been using the support included with Sweeping? I haven't assembled everyone yet since I got Sweeping, but Troublemaker's upper body is heavy enough even without Landslip that I'd be wary of long-term bipedal display. If the full figure ends up being too heavy to stand unsupported continuously, I'm unsure whether to be disappointed or give Devil Saviour points for accuracy to the canon :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  9. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Admittedly I haven't, but I was also under the impression that they weren't required. If they are, so be it I guess lol, plus I haven't done a whole lot with it in its almost completed combined mode so I haven't felt they were necessary. I'll be interested to see how it works on all fours once Scrapper comes out!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I still feel like SS bee works better than MPM bee with sweeping. Thoughts?

0E9D8D07-A8B4-4185-BFC2-32C0D5C2F3F6.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  11. sickodude

sickodude Member

[​IMG]

It is definitely recommended to use the supports. Mine was a little wobbly without the support on bipedal mode. I will be displaying mine on Crawling mode as I had modified the springs on the hips to be less rigid.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Zogliatti

Zogliatti Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    This Pic looks great and I also think ss Bee Looks better with him than mpm

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Thanks glad you agree! I’m especially proud of the paint job on my SS bee.

Also, my compressor FINALLY made it to the states after over a month of waiting. Should be delivered in the next few days! I don’t love the bot mode so he’ll likely stay in crotch mode most of the time.

14. Zogliatti

Instagram:
    That SS mold is particurarly well done, even Better than Mpm in some details (chest proportions, for example). With your paint job he really shines. Best SS deluxe probably, but I have never bought ss figures, so I only speak based on pics I see on the forum.
    Now, if only any ko company would OS it to 14-15 cm, that would be a great mpm Bee to go with mpm-4. Will probably never happen, Kos are always insanely OS...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Rakuen_Nox

Rakuen_Nox Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    There is an is ko SS bee but as you say it’s blown up to 22cm and there’s another one out there that’s a whopping 30cm!

I do think the small size hindered the engineering of ss deluxe figures and if they’d been bigger they couldve probably pulled off better backpacks/kibble management.

16. Zogliatti

Instagram:
    Yes if deluxes were bigger, they would have been even better. As good as mpms or very near. That's what mpm cars should have been, in my opinion. Updated, better old Deluxe scale figures for a price of 60-70 usd. I would have bought them and never though about the OS Kos.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Finally got my crotchbot! I'm wondering if I should do the joint replacement now or deal with it later on. From the instructions it looks really complex, involving taking the entire crotch apart with many screws and even pushing some pins out. Anyway, I haven't transformed him yet but the alt mode looks really nice. There's an insane amount of detail and paint work. I love all the exposed mechanical stuff on the truck bed. Like he's carrying around a bunch of parts for some machine they're building.

IMG_5963 copy.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. cfighter

cfighter Well-Known Member

Best do it now and not have to worry about it, especially if you haven't even transformed it yet. I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but the biggest downside of waiting until the current hips break and you're forced to replace them is forever living with the paranoia of the replacements breaking. No joke.

I remember exactly how it felt to have the legs completely shear off the crotch - the plastic warping and eventually tearing as I rotated the legs. I also remember how much pressure it took for that to happen (not much). I've obviously replaced the hips since then, and since replacing the hips there have been absolutely no issues or even signs of breakage. But, despite knowing that, I still find myself handling the hips far more carefully than I should have to because I remember how little it took for the old ones to break off and I don't want to do it again.

Replace the hips now, before you experience them breaking, and you most likely won't have that mental block and can enjoy the figure much more.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Dr Tan

Dr Tan [email protected]

My DS-03 compresor is the re-issue version that I bought last month. I assume the crotch joint parts have been resolved and did not do the replacement. I have transformed it to robot mode and now in combine mode. So far, so good.

20. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Wow OK yeah you're right that sounds terrifying. What a dumb piece to not reinforce from the beginning! I'm going to transform to robot mode at some point today (really loving the vehicle mode for some reason) and I'll do it then, since the legs will already be disengaged. I can also check to see if there's any chance that they installed the newer parts for me already since mine is a reissue copy.
    I would check on that if I were you. I'll check mine before disassembling. They show you the difference between the parts in the replacement instructions that came with bomber.