Bombusbee / Devil Savior Movie Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Operative294, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    Yeah Show Z’s shipping method (to the U.K.) is smashing the likes of KGHobby, OneSixthKit, Toys Wonderland or ToysBuyingAgent- for any other 1:6 collectors out there.

Got orders coming from all of them posted around the same time and Show Z has won the race.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine will be here today or tomorrow, just under 2 weeks to Canada!

Only downside is there's no visibility until it reaches Canada, but that's not such a bit deal when the service is so reliable.

3. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    So I'm considering getting a second sweeping during showz's 11.11 sale, to get the extra points, and repainting it into Rampage. For those who have the figure already, how difficult of a repaint do you think this would be? I'd probably use red spray paint, and mod the figure before I paint it. I don't need both of them to combine.

4. svek

svek Well-Known Member

DS-06 is a good one :)  The alt mode in person is much better than I expected, the transformation is quite fun for the most part and the robot mode is amazing. Great paint and details (as usual :p ) but also nicely articulated, very poseable and expressive. My only minor gripe is that one of the tread panels and the stand behind his tail are a bit too loose in the robot mode and could benefit from some tightening. Also the panels forming the cab in the alt mode are made of translucent painted plastic - no breakages, just be careful transforming that area :) 
    I haven't got to the leg mode yet but so far - I highly recommend this one!
    IMG_20211111_193843.jpg IMG_20211111_200503.jpg IMG_20211111_200539.jpg IMG_20211111_212453.jpg IMG_20211111_213108.jpg IMG_20211111_213812.jpg IMG_20211111_215241.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  5. KillorKitten

KillorKitten Well-Known Member

Just a heads up, but you mistransformed the tail details (deTails) that hide away inside the cab, that section has a tab on the bottom of it that plugs in to the back wall inside of the cab. upload_2021-11-12_14-16-25.png

• Like Like x 2
  6. RZ500

RZ500 Overload Enthusiast

I thought there was confirmation somewhere of a red version, but I can't for the life of me find it now. I'd recommend waiting on it, since now that they have the mold, a Rampage redeco would be an easy sell. And even if DS doesn't for whatever reason, Rampage would be prime real estate for the KO teased a couple pages back.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Devy Max

Devy Max Well-Known Member

1. I have read through all 200 pages of this thread. I saw the old times when people thought Split and Giant Axe were stolen KO'd SS prototypes, people assuming that this is TFEvo, a popularity boom with posts recieving upwards of 30 likes, and the slow-down with the past 50 pages. Can't wait for Landslip, and it has been a pleasure to read this thread.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  8. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    It’s a rumor still, but I’m impatient as I like the red better and also makes it better to shoot with MPM3.

Anyway my sweeping has officially been handed over to fedex, the slowest and most annoying one to receive it, as it says it won’t arrive til Tuesday, making it 3 full weeks to get here. Why the fuck did I pay $15 extra for shipping for that speed??

9. Devy Max

Devy Max Well-Known Member

FedEx kinda sucks tbh. At least from my experiences.

• Like Like x 1
  10. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip! I followed PvP review and it looks like he missed a couple steps :eek:  That's how it is without Emgo's video. Glad to see the robot mode can be even better!
    As for the leg mode, did you manage to tab that extra faux tread properly? Because he also said that "skip it, it's not worth it"
    ds6.jpg

11. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He needs to be put back up on his shelf, but it was like handling a floppy baby getting the legs on and posed.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. WvdW

WvdW Active Member

Don't really agree with PvP's statement about the faux tread being hard to tab in. It is in fact quit easy to accomplish as long as you do it a few steps back (i.e. before the leg 'angle' is fixed with the six (!) other tabs).

• Like Like x 3
  13. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, it takes a week sometimes for things to get halfway across the country.

14. Fennec

Fennec Member

Wasn't planning on combining them until I complete the whole set, but here we are...

20211113_155158.jpg

Any tips on installing Smash to Compresor easily without ripping my hair out?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pitor

Pitor Well-Known Member

Yeah, put the whole thing flat on its back and it should be easy.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Wow they actually scale perfectly with that Grimlock!

17. KillorKitten

KillorKitten Well-Known Member

I found that it was pretty easy to tab in, I honestly think PvP is kinda incompetent lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Some of his reviews are ok and quite informative but most of the time he looks like he's rushing things to be the first (or be the first english reviewer discussing 3Ps) so that's how it is... By the time my DS-06 is in the combined mode again, emgo's vid will surely be out :p 

• Like Like x 2
  19. a2855959

a2855959 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since we are almosty close to end up with this set,I'm very curious that why do you guys like this set,is because they are way more movie accurate? or simply they have more details? how do you like compare to the SS one?
    In China this set can be very controversial since many people think they're just upgraded legend edition.speaking of controversial,how many members did devastator(in movie,not toys) actually have to combine to be one? some said 7,8 or even dozen.do we have a actual data of that?

20. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I like it better because of the combined mode. The SS set did a good job of having simple yet fun figures for all the members, but combined mode ultimately disappointed, mainly due to the posability. No head movement plus the shoulders not being able to hold any weight whatsoever we’re what made me go with this set. Plus there were a couple of individual members I wanted from this set anyways, like sweeping and land slip and Paranoider/bomber, so might as well get the whole thing, yknow?

• Like Like x 3