Bombusbee / Devil Savior Movie Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Operative294, Jun 10, 2019.

1. WrongTurn

WrongTurn King of the Impossible

News Credits:
    I can live with additional support for some poses but if the thing can't hold itself up at all, that would suck.

2. a2855959

a2855959 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if Hasbro would give us a MPM devy to versus the DS one in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto 8 Strings Enthusiast

News Credits:
    It'd be somehow smaller than the SS version

• Like Like x 4
  4. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    best bet there would be to pick up the Oslo if the hasbro one (I think that’s progressing again- for a while everyone thought they’d quit) and then either custom it yourself or hire a customized to weather it and maybe add a few more details.

I strongly suspect this will always be the nicest one out there and that the Osko will always be the biggest.

• Like Like x 2
  5. WvdW

WvdW Active Member

He appears to be able hold himself up just fine, as long as you put him in straight / balanced poses. I can imagine the supports are added to enable dynamic (unbalanced) poses. Perhaps also to spare the joints in case of long term display, but I guess that's something only time will tell. Personally I don't find the supports to be to intruding :) 

PXL_20211106_112905175.jpg vs PXL_20211106_131921327.jpg

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  6. cfighter

cfighter Well-Known Member

It can 100% hold itself without the support. The reason why it's included is because the figure is HEAVY and all the weight is being supported by Compressor doing the splits. In other words, if you plan on leaving the figure combined and never touching it again, a support stand was just a nice after thought in the event of joint failure many years down the line.

But if you're not worried about long term display, then no you don't need the support.

• Like Like x 3
  7. harrismonkey

News Credits:
    remind me- who does the support come with? Not sure if I don’t have it yet or if it’s buried and forgotten in a box I’ll need to dig out.

8. cfighter

Support comes with Sweeping. There is a second support coming with the final figure which is specifically for the chain weapon that came with Hightower

• Like Like x 2
  9. harrismonkey

News Credits:
    thank you!

he’s coming, but hasn’t arrived yet

10. a2855959

a2855959 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's pretty strange that 06 doesn't have any ratchet joints.

11. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Last figure also has those chain weapons and I think it might come with two of the supports. Also we are getting non-transformable twins as well.

12. cfighter

Woke up to great news -- My figure is now in the hands of Fedex about 6 hours away! No estimated delivery yet, but it'll probably be delivered in a matter of days now. Can't wait!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Magna Jet Convoy

Magna Jet Convoy Well-Known Member

Enjoy bro, Mine is waiting for despatch from the great team at TFS Express. It will be sooooooo good to finally give this beast of mass destruction 2 legs to stand on at last!

Can anyone confirm if there's any new rumours on when the last member - DS-05 will ship?

• Like Like x 1
  14. cfighter

I've heard some rumors that DS wants to have the final figure finished by the end of the year, but I don't actually know how credible those rumors are. Personally, I always go by the upload date of that one youtube channel (don't know the channel name by heart, but it's chinese). They clearly have some connection to DS as they've always gotten a production sample to do one of the first videos released online of each previous release. Whenever they upload a video for a new DS figure, we usually see that figure ship within 3 months of the upload date -- this holds true to this date, with their video of Sweeping being uploaded 3 months ago. Assuming they upload that video by the end of December, we're most likely looking at February or March.

• Like Like x 1
  15. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Received Sweeping yesterday and I think this may be the best figure in the set so far. Aside from the tail looking a bit wide to me, the robot mode is incredible. Great detail and proportions, paint is wonderful, its amazing to have a Rampage/Skipjack with elbows. The vehicle mode and leg modes are great as well, but that robot mode blew me away. It's so playable, which is more than I can say for some of the other members in this group. I like all of the figures, some more than others, but I find a lot of the robot modes compromised, whether in detail, proportions, or fragility, and this guy doesn't have that. Him and Overload are probably my favorite individual members on the whole.

• Like Like x 2
  16. WvdW

WvdW Active Member

I guess those would be the videos marked as "[Swift Transform]" by Color.R Touch-Toys. I too use these as release reference for upcoming DS figures.

Indeed the robot mode is quite astonishing and, imho, the same goes for the alt mode. Can't help feeling they could have done just a little bit more for the combine mode. The 'toes' could have been firmer (perhaps ratchet joints would have helped...), but it could be I was simply spoiled by the solid combine mode of Smash.

Interested in hearing the opinion of others after the first day's euforia ;-)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I'm even more excited now! Cool to know that my favorite of the characters is getting the best figure. So far the one I wish they could improve the most would be giant axe. The robot mode isn't great on him, but I can imagine it needed to be VERY sturdy in combined mode.

18. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    I actually thought of you while messing with this one since I know you really like SS rampage. This really feels like the SS taken to the next level, even more so than the oversized version. I hope that I'm not overhyping him too much but, in my opinion at least, he really is fantastic.

Yeah, Giant Axe is definitely the weakest for me. The robot mode is definitely lacking, although the vehicle and combined forms are great. Also adding the extra fingers from the two-pack has added a bit more to him than expected. If some sacrifices were made for that torso mode though the I'm okay with it as he is very sturdy.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Haha glad you thought of me! I guess it’s no secret that I love the weirdo. I’m excited for a red version already! Just the elbows alone are a massive upgrade. Mine is officially in Chicago, so I’m hoping to have him by the end of the week or early next week.

And with giant axe he’d be fine if they had added a bicep swivel and made his head about twice as big (his head alone is bigger than Optimus’ torso), both of which I feel are doable.

• Like Like x 1
  20. svek

svek Well-Known Member

ShowZStore using Yun Express + Inpost delivery service in Poland = excellent service and not even 13 days of waiting :buttrock  I'll probably play with this fella tomorrow.
    IMG_20211110_171922.jpg

• Like Like x 4