Bombusbee / Devil Savior Movie Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Operative294, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Catalyst1945

Catalyst1945 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    You're both right. The main problem with Split IMO is that it can be frustrating to mess with due to things like the legs not staying pegged in, etc. Resolve these, and the figure is more complex rather than just frustrating.

2. Faxie

Faxie Well-Known Member

Ah, that same piece was lying around over here, but I didn't know from which bot it was. Thnx :D 

3. Andrew Faraday

Andrew Faraday New Member

Twitter:
    Just got the time to play my split today. But stuck while trying to convert it into it's canon mode from the robot mode. When i tried to hook up the legs. The peg just won't stuck into the gap. Am i not pushing it enough? I'm afraid to broke it's leg off

Attached Files:

4. Scarfanon

Scarfanon Active Member

Yeah, that's a common issue with the figure from what I understand. just do your best to position the swivels on its thighs and it will hold together reasonably well. it does not click into place, but as long as you don't move the figure too much, it should hold together.

5. cfighter

cfighter Well-Known Member

I'm a bit late to the party, but I finally got my Split in about a week or so ago!

I was pretty damn intimidated at first, given the figure's infamy, but I'm not gonna lie I really don't find the figure all that convoluted. Now, admittedly, I still haven't completely memorized how the legs get folded up in truck mode and head mode but I get the general idea just fine. The entire upper body/arm configuration I feel is straightforward enough. That said, I can totally understand the frustration everyone has with the figure - I'm in no way trying to say that the complexity was overblown. I imagine I've had a much better time handling the figure because I've had the luxury of watching transformation videos for a year and a half now in prep lol. Personally, Smash is the figure that I have the least fun transforming. Specifically, those damn shoulder wheels; I'm still terrified that they're going to snap off one day, and getting them into position in any mode is a bitch and a half because of everything else that's attached to that bar.

In terms of Split's other issues: Yeah, that's where the figure falls apart for me. Literally. The two biggest issues my figure has is the common issue of the legs refusing to stay pegged into the hip when in robot mode, and the other issue that I haven't heard of before is that Devastator's face is awkwardly loose on my figure. As in, the two face plates that can split apart for the alternate head mode - on my figure, those face plates are so loose that when I plug the side pieces of the head onto the face the two halves immediately split apart and won't stay in place when I put them back together. I'm hoping that there are some screws behind the face that I can tighten to solve this issue. It's also possible that I have the head misaligned, but I really don't think I do. Other than those two things I honestly can't say I have much to complain about with my figure. For the guns, when in robot mode, I don't know if anyone has noticed (I haven't seen anyone mention this at least) but there are two ports that you're supposed to have the guns pegged into so that they're flush against the entire leg. From what I've seen, most people are only getting the gun connected at the bottom port (the heel) which I imagine is why they fall off so easily. It's definitely a pain in the ass to get the gun flush against the leg, but once you have them on they tend to stay on just fine.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Andrew Faraday

Andrew Faraday New Member

Twitter:
    unfortunately my figure does not even hold together :/ but really appreciated ur replies! any tips to made them stay in place? any glue or something?

7. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    People on instagram are saying that Sweeping is being produced right now! I'm very excited for that one, and hopefully it can get the bad taste of Split out of my mouth.

Also I wonder when the reissue of Compresor is coming. I need that crotch!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Catalyst1945

Instagram:
    Yooo according to capcomkai on Instagram, Devil Saviour is doing a red release of Sweeping!! Rampage red flavour ahoy!

• Like Like x 6
  9. KillorKitten

KillorKitten Well-Known Member

Yooooooo, could you shoot a link to that post?

10. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I was gonna post that too but I forgot hehe Very excited! If the figure is really good I could actually see myself getting a red one to stay out of combined mode. I have a custom ss rampage as well as skipjack for the combined mode.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Scarfanon

Scarfanon Active Member

I do not recommend using glue to hold the peg in place, if that's what you're asking. as for the legs staying together in cannon/vehicle mode, really all you can do is try to position them correctly and hope for the best. mine's just as finicky in that regard.

12. Catalyst1945

Instagram:
    Capcomkai Sweeping

13. a2855959

a2855959 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    06 is coming!!!
    IMG_9209.JPG IMG_9210.JPG

• Like Like x 14
  14. Catalyst1945

Instagram:
    • Like Like x 6
  15. Magna Jet Convoy

Magna Jet Convoy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up @Catalyst1945 . wonder if they'll release both colour versions at the same time...

• Like Like x 3
  16. Rakuen_Nox

Rakuen_Nox Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Great news, that’s absolutely the version I’m after!

Are there any photos to share for those of us without an Instagram account?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pitor

Pitor Well-Known Member

Great. It's about time. I'm kinda losing interest. Hopefully they can release Landslip before I decide to sell them all.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. R02 challenger

R02 challenger Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20211001_130335.jpg Screenshot_20211001_130318.jpg Screenshot_20211001_130303.jpg Screenshot_20211001_130234.jpg Screenshot_20211001_130218.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  19. KillorKitten

KillorKitten Well-Known Member

20. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yessssss I hope showz gets their stock soon! Their website seems to be down right now so I can't check if it's changed to "incoming" yet.

I think he meant of the red version. No @Rakuen_Nox no red Rampage pics yet unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1