Bombusbee / Devil Savior Movie Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Operative294, Jun 10, 2019.

1. RZ500

RZ500 Overload Enthusiast

It's not quite cursed enough yet. Flip the head out and then you've got something to be proud of.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Catalyst1945

Catalyst1945 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Yeah ShowZ is always super quick. I order from Australia and it usually takes within 2 weeks without express. Considering that’s coming from China with potential lockdowns, that’s amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. svek

svek Well-Known Member

This has to be one of the best robot modes I've ever seen! :drool:  But on the other hand I'm surprised by the lack of articulation below the waist... No waist swivel, thigh articulation, knees that are breaking the sculpt terribly like they were an afterthought... at least there's an ab crouch! Still, I think he's great even as a stand alone figure on any decepticons shelf ;) 
    IMG_20210815_020428.jpg IMG_20210815_020517.jpg IMG_20210815_095718.jpg IMG_20210814_232255.jpg IMG_20210815_143735.jpg IMG_20210815_144305.jpg

The worst parts were definitely installing the replacement parts from DS-07 and putting those strong ratchets back together lol luckily no breakages on my copy. Also it's a shame that there's no place to store the Devastator's balls in the alt mode since I'm planning to keep all the bots like that until I get the whole set :)  Smash and Giant Axe later on!

• Like Like x 5
  4. KillorKitten

KillorKitten Well-Known Member

Once you play about with Giant Axe, store the balls in his vehicle mode's scoop.

• Like Like x 4
  5. svek

svek Well-Known Member

a ballsy move
    IMG_20210816_175253.jpg

btw my Giant Axe lacked the replacement clips and that extra warning sheet also one panel was assembled backwards (I had to pull out a pin and reassembly it...). Other than that the alt mode is cool I think. haven't transformed him yet, just installed the extra parts

• Like Like x 2
  6. KillorKitten

KillorKitten Well-Known Member

Let's pray none of your clips break :p 

• Like Like x 1
  7. GAPSSS

GAPSSS hates waking up.

I did a minor mod on mine. I sanded down a bit of plastic on the connector of the balls for it to be able to slot in the back of compressor, here are some pics that I took some time ago.

20210805_010346.jpg
    Sand these sides until they fit in the slot.

20210805_010342.jpg
    The slot.

20210805_010257.jpg
    20210805_010137.jpg
    The mod doesn't really affect the tightness of the yellow connector in combined mode.
    Storing the balls this way also works for robot mode.

If you're interested, sanding down the back of the ball socket of the head also helps in adding more range in his head articulation. 20210717_202450.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  8. cfighter

cfighter Well-Known Member

That's a pretty slick mod. How does it look when attached in robot mode? Does it get in the way of the hook at all? Also have you noticed if the peg is compromised at all when attaching normally for combined mode?

9. GAPSSS

GAPSSS hates waking up.

It doesn't obstruct anything in both robot and vehicle modes, the figure can also be easily transformed with the balls attached at the back.

20210817_035433.jpg
    The balls are also not that noticeable in bot mode when viewed from the front.

20210817_035629.jpg
    The amount of material that I had to remove were also minimal.

The normal connection in the combined mode is also unaffected by the mod.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  10. cfighter

Very nice. I'll look into doing this as well then, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  11. svek

svek Well-Known Member

IMG_20210817_002427.jpg
    so-ugly-i-love-him.gif

• Like Like x 7
  12. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Cracked open Smash and to my surprise, the initial impression really reminds me of WJ M02 Hound :peoples:  The plastic feels softer and lighter compared to other DS figures I own (it's almost like he's an older figure :lolol ) but I can't tell for sure until I fully transform him. Any particular areas that are prone to breakages and I should be aware of?
    IMG_20210818_113239.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. cfighter

I've heard before that the backpack broke for someone, but from what I've gathered that was a one-off case. I haven't heard of/seen any one specific area on Smash that has been consistently breaking.

That said, I received my Smash a few weeks ago now and I have been making sure to take EXTRA care handling the tiny plastic joints that the two shoulder wheels are attached to. I haven't heard anyone have problems with these but during transformation (into any mode) those plastic bars have to twist, turn, and bend in all kinds of directions and at a certain point you kinda have to be a little forceful with them. You'll see what I'm talking about when you transform it between all three modes. I'm not exactly worried that they're going to snap off but if there was anything on Smash that feels fragile, it would be those. On that same note, those green peg pieces that are on the same joints were a little tight on my figure which also played into how those joints seem fragile. But all I did was slightly loosen the screws on just the green peg pieces and they became a LOT less of a pain to rotate around the joints. If you also begin to worry that you're going to twist the plastic right off the figure by rotating those green peg pieces, try slightly unscrewing them!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Pitor

Pitor Well-Known Member

Be extra careful with that grey strut and all the tiny hinges attached to it.
    And please let us know if you were able to tab in both of his front wheels in truck mode.

• Like Like x 1
  15. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The wheels on his legs like to peel off when you shift them for transformation. The little hook that just barely restrains everything around the connection point in his leg mode is in danger as well.

• Like Like x 1
  16. cfighter

Oh, actually now that you mention it I can chime in on that too - I've definitely been able to tab in both of the front wheels in truck mode, but at least one of them likes to untab if you so much as look at it funny.
    I didn't really think about it as an "issue" as the hinges the wheels are on are tight enough to keep them in place without the microscopic tabs. But I've definitely noticed they don't like to stay tabbed in.

Wait, the wheels like to peel off? How do you mean?
    And I can't say I'm all that worried about the little hook. If anything the hook works a little too well on my figure; gotta pry the damn thing off every time I transform him out of leg mode.

• Like Like x 1
  17. RZ500

RZ500 Overload Enthusiast

I don't even bother using the hook at all—all the other connections are plenty strong enough to keep him together, even under the weight of (most of) the rest of the combiner.

• Like Like x 1
  18. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Do you know how they are attached to little, gray hinges to move them up and down into position on his legs? Literally the green post from the wheel to that part tore on both legs of my copy. The first time it happened, I got a replacement part after waiting an extremely long time for it. The second time, I gave up on DS and sold everyone off, ha. I’m collecting the OSKO now, but I’m following to see what the complete combiner looks like.

19. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I hope the reissue figures (Split and the others) come in stock soon! I ordered compressor so in a few weeks I'll have a torso, one arm and one leg without a damn head.

• Like Like x 1
  20. cfighter

Oh, that's what broke for you? Sorry to hear that. I can say with confidence though that those green posts aren't going anywhere on my figure. Either you got extremely unlucky (twice, it sounds like), I got lucky, or they fixed the issue with the recent new batch of Smash figures.