Bombusbee / Devil Savior Movie Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Operative294, Jun 10, 2019.

1. svek

svek Well-Known Member

I'm probably going to buy this set one day if they release v2 with improved qc and maybe some tweaking or if someone oversize it.
    That Devy looks hella promising but it's so much money

• Like Like x 1
  2. Catalyst1945

Catalyst1945 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    So far I think they’ve done a good job following up on breaks and offering replacement parts. The only bot I personally hate handling is Mixmaster, but that’s a common consensus. Long Haul and Scavenger are a blast.
    Oversizing would almost guaranteed compromise the QC even more, and no matter what size it is, something will be out of scale (bots, vehicle, or combiner proportions).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Improved QC? The QC overall on this set has been top notch.

Some people had hip issues with Compressor, but they've already fixed that with replacements.

I can't think of any way this could be released with improved QC.

• Like Like x 1
  4. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Hmm, I thought the general consensus was that Mixmaster and Smash are pretty terrible and prone to breakages but I can't speak from my own personal experience, sadly. Maybe one day, when the whole set is released :)  I just wanted him to be bigger, around 50-60cm tall, even if he'd require a stand or some other additional support.

5. KillorKitten

KillorKitten Well-Known Member

Mixmaster/Split is fine QC wise as far as I am aware, and I've only seen one instance of Long Haul/Smash breaking. Scavenger/Giant Axe apparently has a few bits that can break, but honestly the only real QC issue with the the Troublemaker set so far has been Overload/Compressor's hip joints.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Split is a PITA to transform, but absolutely no QC issues. Not familiar with any issues with Smash either.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Cronoss01

Cronoss01 Well-Known Member

I would like opinions, I want to get devil saviour because I believe it scales better than SS Devastator, only except for Mixmaster, who's truck mode is way too big
    IMG20210413194509.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    If I got that figure it would probably go into bot/truck mode once, then stay in head mode forever.
    Yeah if I were to get these guys it would be for them to scale with SS.

9. Zogliatti

Zogliatti Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    This set looks incredible but as you already said, looks more like a set for ss rather than mpm scale.
    Nontheless it wouldn't fit in my display anyway!!!
    I think I'll just buy somewhen the two figure that are near to mpm scale (Split and this Skipjack) and that's it.
    I probably would have liked more the OS SS Mixmaster (that SS looks really good) but I don''t think we will ever see hin...

• Like Like x 1
  10. KillorKitten

OS SS Mixmaster will be coming, BlackMamba/Mechanical Alliance have already confirmed that they're working on the remaining four of their OS SS Devastator.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Magna Jet Convoy

Magna Jet Convoy Well-Known Member

It will be nice to be able to get this beast into standing or lumbering when DS-06 comes out in the near future. That was something that vexed many of us as the Assaultus team members trickled out - the last bot was a leg.

12. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Just out of curiosity has anyone tried putting split on top of SS devastator instead of SS mixmaster?

13. Norita man

Norita man Well-Known Member

Do you plan on displaying back and forth in altmode?
    The altmode scale is maybe the most difficult thing to pull off (near impossible). Especially for a combiner. so I personally never choose because of the altmode scale (but to each their own). Devil saviour main sale point is definitely the combine mode (just look at the positivity on this thread since it has a lot combined pictures) if by looking at it you are still satisfied with studio series, then I suggest studio series (it is way cheaper).

But for me there is no contest. Studio series combined mode is kind of a let down (small wierd head, very difficult for posing, too thin on some parts etc)

14. cfighter

cfighter Active Member

Just got shipping confirmation from showz for DS-07!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fennec

Fennec Member

Received an entirely new crotch assembly from ShowZ. I got a bit confused when they sent me tracking for new parts. Thought it would be DS-07. Oh well, still a great surprise.

I checked and those are the upgraded hip parts that come with DS-07. Now, he shall stand.
    20210708_182838.jpg 20210708_172602.jpg
    Also as soon as I picked this up, I got the shipping notification for DS-07!

16. KillorKitten

How does Overload feel with the new hip joints?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Fennec

Fennec Member

Feels great in my opinion. Been moving the legs around to figure out a good pose for him. No issues so far. The old right hip broke after just two clicks when I tried transforming him for the first time.

Although, I also did spray some silicone oil on the ratchet joints just to be safe. Those springs are no joke.

• Like Like x 1
  18. a2855959

a2855959 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally,he can stand up!!!
    IMG_5775(20210708-205715).JPG IMG_5776(20210708-205720).JPG IMG_5777(20210708-205724).JPG IMG_5778(20210708-205729).JPG

• Like Like x 16
  19. Cronoss01

Cronoss01 Well-Known Member

You strike some very good points, pretty much exactly what I needed to hear, fank q. I could probably live with Mixmaster being too big (using mass shifting as an excuse I guess). Because it honestly scales just too well with studio series to pass up. Now comes the part of seeing if investing $1000 into it is reasonable and if I even have enough space lmao

20. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    If you don't want to go all in on DS, there's hope that MT will release the rest of their upscaled SS Constructicons this fall. They also scale better with Studio Series.