Bombusbee / Devil Savior Movie Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Operative294, Jun 10, 2019.

1. KillorKitten

KillorKitten Well-Known Member

How does Overload feel with the new hip joints?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fennec

Fennec Member

Feels great in my opinion. Been moving the legs around to figure out a good pose for him. No issues so far. The old right hip broke after just two clicks when I tried transforming him for the first time.

Although, I also did spray some silicone oil on the ratchet joints just to be safe. Those springs are no joke.

• Like Like x 1
  3. a2855959

a2855959 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally,he can stand up!!!
    IMG_5775(20210708-205715).JPG IMG_5776(20210708-205720).JPG IMG_5777(20210708-205724).JPG IMG_5778(20210708-205729).JPG

• Like Like x 16
  4. Cronoss01

Cronoss01 Well-Known Member

You strike some very good points, pretty much exactly what I needed to hear, fank q. I could probably live with Mixmaster being too big (using mass shifting as an excuse I guess). Because it honestly scales just too well with studio series to pass up. Now comes the part of seeing if investing $1000 into it is reasonable and if I even have enough space lmao

5. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    If you don't want to go all in on DS, there's hope that MT will release the rest of their upscaled SS Constructicons this fall. They also scale better with Studio Series.

6. Cronoss01

Cronoss01 Well-Known Member

I considered it, but the DNA Design kit was what made the SS Devastator a bit more pleasing to look at, and the upscaled version can't use the kit, so you're kinda stuck with the skinny face and arms. And even then, Mixmaster will be upscale, so that would still be the same problem I had with DS-split being too big right?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  7. cfighter

cfighter Well-Known Member

I'll also add that I got my replacement hips in and, while they still are just as difficult to move, they are a lot more tolerant to the stress. I've transformed my Compressor about a dozen times now after installing the new hips and have had no breakages yet! Still scary as shit to do though because of how difficult they are to move. I should mention that I also applied some silicone oil to the hips this time around as well - not sure how much of a difference that made.

8. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
  9. Magna Jet Convoy

Magna Jet Convoy Well-Known Member

I must be the only one who pivots Overload's 2 rear wheels forward & lower down in combined mode.... It seems everyone else is retracting them closer in to the lower crotch area. And when you do this the wheels make hard contact and are pushed outwards causing a small strain on them. By rotating them to the lower forward position the wheels make no contact with anything else. And importantly, there's clearance for the leg sections of Overload to rotate more freely in combined mode. Visually you can hardly notice the difference from the front in combined mode either.

Emgo has it pictured clearly in his video here;

If you scroll through to the 5 minute + 30 second mark you'll see exactly what I'm banging on about. The wheels are already in the lower extended position that I personally prefer. He then rotates and pivots them both backwards closer to the main body where they make contact with the surrounding parts.

As I said previously, by leaving them as they are they're not fouling on any other part and providing much more clearance to rotate the leg assembly in combine mode. Just my 2 cents worth gang.

• Like Like x 1
  10. KillorKitten

I personally rotate them back, but only by about half way. Pushing them all the way back scares me tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Magna Jet Convoy

Yep, I just noticed Emgo does the same - only pushing them back halfway too. But I've seen photos of punters that have them back all the way and it makes me twitch a little. When they're back all the way they really do foul badly and are forced away at an unnatural angle. Again, just my opinion.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  12. R02 challenger

R02 challenger Well-Known Member

So, Paranoider doesn't exist in the Movie?
    SS used Scrapmetal but he die in the movie, that's correct? So what is the correct composition of the left arm of Devastator?

13. Magna Jet Convoy

Nope, he's in the movie - not that you see much of him. But Bombusbee got it correct with the 2 yellow bots forming the left arm.

pic.png

• Like Like x 4
  14. WvdW

WvdW Well-Known Member

Have them in their most forward position too. Does anyone have an idea if the wheels can somehow be tightened? One of them is rather loose on my copy.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  15. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

News Credits:
    Yeah, this is correct. It’s important to say that the bulldozer is likely supposed to also be Scrapmetal, but that they just decided once again to just use a diff CGI model cause it was easier.

16. KillorKitten

Scrapmetal makes up the shoulder connection between Scavenger and Hightower. Buckethead is the hand

• Like Like x 2
  17. TheDude810

News Credits:
    There is no “Buckethead” though. It’s been said multiple times by Hasbro officials that Scrapmetal is the bulldozer and forms the hand. It’s simply a case where he inexplicably is given a new alt mode to accommodate the fact that Devastator’s design uses a bulldozer as a hand and not the crane that Scrapmetal usually transforms into.

18. KillorKitten

Scrapmetal's alt mode appears during the combination scene behind Hightower, and there are additional treads between Hightower and Scavenger. The left hand of Devastator is an unkown bulldozer, but has been nicknamed Buckethead unofficially. But if you prefer to go with what Hasbro have supposedly said, that's up to you. I'm not here to argue.

• Like Like x 3
  19. TheDude810

News Credits:
    Imo it makes more sense for it to be Scrapmetal. Like, I get that the right hand is shown to be an unidentified bulldozer and not a crane, but Scrapmetal uses the wrong CGI model in every scene that he is in. The tiny bulldozer that forms into the left hand never appears as a physical vehicle in the combining scene, but Scrapmetal’s vehicle does. That makes me think that the bulldozer is indeed Scrapmetal with the wrong CGI model used.

It wouldn’t be the first time, considering how Scrapper was erroneously used in the Megatron revival scene.

upload_2021-7-9_16-26-6.png

• Like Like x 2
  20. KillorKitten

I had DS-02 Arrive earlier today, and already I've had a part break. The ratchet inside the left arm just sheared itself off when I was transforming it. I've contacted ShowZ about it, but man this sucks.
    IMG_20210709_164109.jpg IMG_20210709_164148.jpg

EDIT: I also had the little railing piece snap off after plugging it in, forgot to mention that.