Bombusbee / Devil Savior Movie Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Operative294, Jun 10, 2019.

1. KillorKitten

KillorKitten Well-Known Member

Ah yeah I did misunderstand what you meant, and I agree that Skipjack does look better than Rampage.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Funny since lots of fans still think devastator should have been entirely green and purple cause G1. Also, rampage is red cause having him fight bumblebee (two yellow boys on tan backgrounds) would have been even more confusing than it already was. I think it’s actually one of the hardest to follow fight scenes and really poorly shot. Had so much potential to be awesome though. I love Rampage’s weird-ass bot mode so much.
    Fucking love it! So excited for this one.

Im hoping though that someone can make an attachment for the end of the tail to make it longer and more pointy. Only flaw I can see with the figure from pics. I have the same issue with the SS one too. Tail could be pointier and longer.

• Like Like x 2
  3. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is one of those combiner's I don't plan on buying, but I am very much enjoying seeing pictures of. Those of you buying the whole set better post more pictures :p 

• Like Like x 4
  4. cfighter

cfighter Well-Known Member

Do they not plug in here?

Attached Files:

5. LSSJPrime

LSSJPrime M'gann M'orzz

Yeah like I said I understand why they made Rampage red but it's just such a shame because he looks so much better in yellow. Also I agree that the Bee vs. Rampage fight was probably one of the poorest of the whole series. Holy hell was that hard to see and follow along even for a huge Bayverse fan like me. This was the one fight where I understood people's complaints of the fights being too hard to tell what's going on lol.

As for Devastator being purple and green like G1... yeah I think I'll pass on that lmao. Nevermind the fact that construction vehicles are rarely if ever neon green or purple, I think making Devastator more colorful for live-action was a really good move. Otherwise he would have been this hulking solid mass of one color and it just would have been a disaster to see rendered on screen.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ivan2893

ivan2893 Active Member

Ebay:
    I have the same one! It's amazing!

7. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Y'know I was in the same boat (I even unfollowed the thread for a while) but now seeing that video of how stable the combined mode is has been really really tempting me.... It's a LOT of money though. I'd have to sell my SS Devastator to make up for it, which would be sad, and I don't think the individual bots have been as solid so far from what I've seen, which is a big appeal of the SS constructicons for me.

I dunno dude....I don't wanna pass them up only for them to be super expensive when I finally decide I want the set, but I also don't want to be pressured into spending a ton of money on figures I don't necessarily want on their own.
    Totally agree about the design! And I do think Devastator looks better with the skipjack yellow leg for sure. You can tell that DS's priority this whole time has been the combined mode, and so that was probably the reason they did skipjack instead of rampage.

8. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah man it’s a good looking set. I just personally can’t afford stuff this expensive. Haslab Unicron was my 1 exception. Plus the SS set has actually been really fun to mess with for me and I just can’t see this set doing that for me. I’ll consider the SS a mini version of this guy to mess with while I enjoy the photos.

• Like Like x 1
  9. svek

svek Well-Known Member

I'm probably going to buy this set one day if they release v2 with improved qc and maybe some tweaking or if someone oversize it.
    That Devy looks hella promising but it's so much money

• Like Like x 1
  10. Catalyst1945

Catalyst1945 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    So far I think they’ve done a good job following up on breaks and offering replacement parts. The only bot I personally hate handling is Mixmaster, but that’s a common consensus. Long Haul and Scavenger are a blast.
    Oversizing would almost guaranteed compromise the QC even more, and no matter what size it is, something will be out of scale (bots, vehicle, or combiner proportions).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Improved QC? The QC overall on this set has been top notch.

Some people had hip issues with Compressor, but they've already fixed that with replacements.

I can't think of any way this could be released with improved QC.

• Like Like x 1
  12. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Hmm, I thought the general consensus was that Mixmaster and Smash are pretty terrible and prone to breakages but I can't speak from my own personal experience, sadly. Maybe one day, when the whole set is released :)  I just wanted him to be bigger, around 50-60cm tall, even if he'd require a stand or some other additional support.

13. KillorKitten

Mixmaster/Split is fine QC wise as far as I am aware, and I've only seen one instance of Long Haul/Smash breaking. Scavenger/Giant Axe apparently has a few bits that can break, but honestly the only real QC issue with the the Troublemaker set so far has been Overload/Compressor's hip joints.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Split is a PITA to transform, but absolutely no QC issues. Not familiar with any issues with Smash either.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Cronoss01

Cronoss01 Well-Known Member

I would like opinions, I want to get devil saviour because I believe it scales better than SS Devastator, only except for Mixmaster, who's truck mode is way too big
    IMG20210413194509.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    If I got that figure it would probably go into bot/truck mode once, then stay in head mode forever.
    Yeah if I were to get these guys it would be for them to scale with SS.

17. Zogliatti

Zogliatti Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    This set looks incredible but as you already said, looks more like a set for ss rather than mpm scale.
    Nontheless it wouldn't fit in my display anyway!!!
    I think I'll just buy somewhen the two figure that are near to mpm scale (Split and this Skipjack) and that's it.
    I probably would have liked more the OS SS Mixmaster (that SS looks really good) but I don''t think we will ever see hin...

• Like Like x 1
  18. KillorKitten

OS SS Mixmaster will be coming, BlackMamba/Mechanical Alliance have already confirmed that they're working on the remaining four of their OS SS Devastator.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Magna Jet Convoy

Magna Jet Convoy Well-Known Member

It will be nice to be able to get this beast into standing or lumbering when DS-06 comes out in the near future. That was something that vexed many of us as the Assaultus team members trickled out - the last bot was a leg.

20. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Just out of curiosity has anyone tried putting split on top of SS devastator instead of SS mixmaster?