Bombusbee / Devil Savior Movie Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Operative294, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

He's better than split, but that is not saying much. Still one of the lows of purchases for the year for me. Not run into any breaks or strips, he just feels cheap still and isn't very fun.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GAPSSS

GAPSSS DOTM Megs is my spirit animal.

Everything in my copy is great, even after countless transformations. Tho someone pointed out earlier that the leg hook will surely break so im always careful we i hook it to the bar, so far i haven't seen any signs of stress in mine.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I might be the rare person who likes Split more than Smash. He's way more interesting, from a design and transformation perspective. Smash is pretty boring in comparison, and will probably actually be the low point of the set for me.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nikkal101

Nikkal101 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cold Mango Juice

Cold Mango Juice Todos saúdam Megatron!

News Credits:
    I'm really happy with mine. My only complaint would be the ratchet joints in the shoulders. They are way too tight. Everything about him is great imo. He's solid, durable and looks great in either mode!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Pitor

Pitor Well-Known Member

They are tight for a reason I guess. They need to hold all that combined mass of Devastator and not collapse under the weight, so tight ratchets seem to be a good compromise.

7. Cold Mango Juice

News Credits:
    It's definitely a possibility, but I still think they are un- necessarily tight / stiff. While he may require tight / stiff 360 ratchets ( the ones that rotate his arms all the way around) in his shoulders, there is no reason for him to have tight / stiff outward ratchets ( the ones that allow him to move his arms up and away from the side of his body) as in leg mode the ratchets line up in the toes to support forward bearing weight, not side to side weight.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Pitor

Pitor Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I meant. Maybe Devy will be able to stand straight. I can be wrong of course and this could be just another overengineered, overcomplicated figure.

Anyway, those of you who already got theirs, can you position the back wheels over his shoulders like this? Longhaul_09_by_skywarpG1.jpg

By the way looking at this picture Studio Series looks way more accurate than DS. Imagine MPM Long Haul looking like this. Wet dream of a Bayverse fan.

• Like Like x 6
  9. DaveTheCave

DaveTheCave Well-Known Member

Is he? My Payload's been on Ebay for only 30 euro for months and still no one bought him. Can't imagine he's worth anything if that's the case.

10. Dudicus

Dudicus G2 Combiner dudebro

News Credits:
    Yeah, you can. Mine’s in leg mode right now though so I can’t take a pic.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jaraxel

jaraxel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    +1 I happen to like the bayverse designs (movies, not so much), not everyone is g1 robots (aka metallic human beings with ability to turn into cars) or nothing. to me it's quite interesting and tbh more colourful of the bayverse bots even. As much as I like the g1 devvie, something about the mess of metallic parts looks more robotic than Green Giant

• Like Like x 5
  12. Turingmachine75

Turingmachine75 Has a wonderfully folded backpack

Bayverse Devi is the only design in his flicks I like.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cold Mango Juice

News Credits:
    I am in the same boat. I totally respect having preferences (you like what you like and you are not wrong for it), but it's pretty impressive how much flack the bayverse designs get. Why are they "SO" bad? Because the movies don't have the most amazing scripts? Because they don't look like their original versions? How many other franchises have multiple takes on the same characters? People complain that movie Strascream looks nothing like his G1 self, but there are plenty of other transformers cartoons that portray Starscream (and other characters for that matter) much differently than the G1 cartoons did and yet they are highly praised.

When I saw the new designs, I dug them because it was a modern representation of the characters. I thought it was pretty neat that they took the time to be what I would call "realistic" with the transformations in the sense that you saw everything, from engine parts and wires to wheels and windshields, moving around and being repositioned to take the form of giant robots. Even if there were some mass shifting and scale issues, it looked believable or at least like a possibility because you could (for the most part) see it all happening with a level of detail that had never been seen before. It wasn't just vehicle morphing into humanoid beings. They looked like advanced aliens with advanced technology trying to blend in with a more primitive race.

As a result, we got some pretty cool and undeniably unique new character designs too.

• Like Like x 14
  14. Turingmachine75

Turingmachine75 Has a wonderfully folded backpack

Considering the overall mixed reviews on the two that have been released, what are the chances this set gets finished?

15. jaraxel

jaraxel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Couldn't have said it better myself, literally took the words out of my mouth.

I think the entire set would be released if they can, many of us that bought this is for the combined mode anyway so the hope (yes, hope, leap of faith) it'll at least not be a flopping mess in combined mode will get us to buy all of it. However with the recent crackdown on not just KO but 3P, I'd worry about that more tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Zogliatti

Zogliatti Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Thank you for explaining in perfect english my exact thought about Bayverse Design.... I never could habe explained it so precisely! So, at least die the First 3 movies....

• Like Like x 3
  17. Sephiroth169

Sephiroth169 Passionate Trickster & Troublemaker

Rememer guys, if you have still Problems with
    loose screws, just glue them to the hole, or switch them out with your own screws.
    These 2 things always work.
    Can even make the Figure more stable.

I agree that Long Haul is the weakest of all. Really Really waiting for Overload, and especially for Rampage!

18. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still don’t have a replacement wheel for mine, so I can’t really recommend him. In the event you get one and something is wrong, I would not necessarily have a lot of confidence that the problem will be addressed. If QC is going to be a coin toss, they should at least provide decent CS in return.

19. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would say 99%. Just because some people here aren't 100% happy, that's no reason for them to bail on the set. As long as they sell, peoples minor critiques are irrelevant.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sephiroth169

Sephiroth169 Passionate Trickster & Troublemaker

Chances for a Combiner Completion are....100%

I have much Experience with 3rd Party Combiners,
    and I NEVER heard of a Company that Cancelled a Combiner right in the Middle, after releasing a few Members.

Because they KNOW, if they do this,
    they could never Show their Faces again.
    At least not under the current Company Name.

And if they would do something like that...I would go around and tell everyone what scammers they are, and that would indeed cut off a large Portion their Customers they are trying to get for the next "Project".

So you see...Companies have no other Option / Choice but to finish a Combiner OR losing a large Portion of Customers, thus resulting in a huge loss of Money.