Bombusbee / Devil Savior Movie Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Operative294, Jun 10, 2019.

1. RZ500

RZ500 Member

It'd be cool to have a set of Constructicons that don't combine so the individual figures could be more proportional. I suppose that's what we had with the original RotF toys, but without, you know, being proportional.

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    Like some Mangle bullshit from Five Nights at Freddy's.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Young special

Young special New Member

When will there be a release date for this figure!?

4. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Which of the 8 are you referring to?

5. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Nuisance

reviewers intentionally buying toys with qc problems, so they have something to be mad about on youtube:
    download.gif

• Like Like x 8
  6. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With YouTube’s ad revenue, wanting to spend $1,000 might not be something they are doing for just the views and rage. :lol 

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Megawillbot

Still more revenue than with an unremarkable, "good enough" toy

8. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hm, actually looking at the channel views, doesn't seem to be bringing in more than usual.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Oh, we f'ed his sanity a long time ago.

Sorry to have to break the bad news.

• Like Like x 8
  10. ArkhamSoldier

ArkhamSoldier Plastic Addict

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He had a shred of sanity left before the video, but now, his sanity is completely gone

• Like Like x 2
  11. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

My Split is arrived and other than loose hip wheels, he has no problem. I had to make the peghole under the cab juuust a little larger and now his backpack pegs in great and stays there. Sculpt and paint is gorgeous and once you peg everything he holds his pose.
    IMG_20200522_190104.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  12. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1,000 views = $1.00

Most of the time, toy reviews don't bring in any money unless you are sponsored or sell the toy later to reclaim the invested capital.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I'm not even 30, but the disdain I feel towards narcissism and the desperation for approval from internet people makes me feel like an old person who complains about how things weren't like this in "my day".

For example, I used to enjoy watching walkthroughs for games I never got to play when I was younger, but I wouldn't think to do that now, because the internet is filled with man-children who thinks that screaming like an idiot and making "witty" commentary is great entertainment, probably because everyone else does it. And don't get me started on "influencers" and conversely those weak-minded to be influenced by people. Everyone having tries to be like everyone else, trends dialed up to obscene levels, because a sense of self is so difficult. In fact it seems that having an original thought is difficult. Why think when you can meme.

But I digress.

I wonder if another company will come and improve the SS version.

14. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Main reason I watch him is that he memes honestly. You know how many boring reviews there are that are nothing but, as you said, man-children who make a 30 minute video analyzing every little thing about the figure in a monotone voice with no personality? Having a personality makes things watchable. Its the reason that reviewers like emgo, Thew, Jobby, etc have gotten a decent following because no one can relate to your average history professor sounding dude, but a lot of people can relate to someone who just wants to have some fun with toys and actually makes jokes. It just seems that you don't want quick entertainment in this hobby and that's on you, not those reviewers. The internet is mostly memes and entertainment, not oscar worthy material.

• Like Like x 8
  15. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah you....went places just now.
    There is just as much value in "straight" reviews that just tell you about the product. Not everyone needs to be a crazy personality or make goofy jokes to be useful or worth watching. Thew is one of my favorite youtubers but I would never actually make a purchasing decision based on his videos. There is plenty of room for both those things on the vast, vast internet :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 2
  16. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My point was that everyone is a straight forward reviewer. No not everyone needs to be a "crazy personality", but someone in this hobby does.

17. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, but... I don't understand your comment at all. Your use of the term "man-children" is completely different from how @Shizuka used it. By your definition, the "man-child" is one that's a history professor and produces Oscar-worthy material, but the one that memes and makes jokes isn't? Er... huh?

18. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We are all man-children. We all have stacks and stacks of toys in our homes, and we do who knows what with them. Adults who find enjoyment in toys are man-children, that's just what we all are.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    My comment was just about the standard of the internet as a whole. I watch Jobby's reviews because they're different to the others I watch. Variation is always a good thing, but nowadays you find that many YouTubers etc pander and try too hard to do the things that they think will make them money. For example, there's is probably a reviewer whose gimmick is screaming for X minutes while throwing a tantrum over a figure, there's also likely someone doing the same thing over video games, and so on. Just like how from my experience Twitch streamers all at the same.

It makes looking for something simple and/or genuine a chore since in today's world everyone seems to want to be internet famous.

Anyway, I went on a tangent, but it related to my original response about people doing something just for the sake of internet likes, in some cases, buying a figure that had issues just so they can be "edgy" on the internet.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Megawillbot

Jobby's strong point is that he tries a lot of new things, in order to improve so quickly.

But that does have some side effects occasionally

• Like Like x 2