BMB MPM-13 Blackout KO

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by HAL237, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Pitor

Pitor Well-Known Member

Could that be the explanation? Maybe you got him so cheap because of those issues? I mean ShowZ price is 83$ ATM.

2. ghostyurei

ghostyurei Our race was a peaceful one once...

News Credits:
    IST people assume OP is in the US…

3. Pitor

Pitor Well-Known Member

No assumptions here. Seems relatively cheap, even for Hong Kong, don't you think? Still, I might be wrong and we are just being ripped off by those international sellers. I live in the UK and if I were to pay the tax on top of what these things already cost I would go broke :( 

4. ghostyurei

ghostyurei Our race was a peaceful one once...

News Credits:
    Well the difference being walking into a store and buying it vs getting it shipped overseas. I do miss just flying to Hong Kong with an empty suitcase and some time (and money) to burn.

• Like Like x 2
  5. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    We pay for shipping and seller profit margins.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Pitor

Pitor Well-Known Member

Yeah, everyone pays for seller's profit margin even buying in store. Just wasn't aware there is such huge difference in shipping costs between HK and other countries.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Zoo

Zoo Well-Known Member

I'm curious. We're suspecting BMB will give us an OSKO right? If they do will that be on this thread or a different one?

8. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Depends on whether or not it’s a straight OS, or if they make any modifications or improvements (fingers crossed).

• Like Like x 1
  9. ZAXCY

ZAXCY Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    mine will arrive in the next week, hopeing its not sloppy,

10. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine arrived today. Instructions just straight up say Transformers, and there’s a Decepticon tempo on the panel that forms the front of his copter mode, so this is definitely in the straight KO category.

That being said… I honestly can’t tell if the main blue-grey is painted or not. I’m leaning toward unpainted, but if this was the quality of plastic texturing we normally got with unpainted plastic, then the paint wouldn’t be needed. It’s gorgeous!

A few small blemishes on the paint on his chest, but nothing major, and all the joints feel solid. Unless I find any issues during transformation, I’ll say I’m 95% happy with this. The only things that would get me to 100% would be a mod that let the blades on his weapon fold away when in storage, and an actual KO box instead of the brown one, since the really just went the straight KO route.

EDIT: Oh I’m sorry, the instructions say “TRAMSFORMERS” :lol 

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ribieconvoy

News Credits:
    On the inside of the panel that flips down to cover the top of his crotch plate in bot mode.

I guess it’s really only supposed to be visible in helicopter mode, not really his robot chest. I’ll edit my post to reflect that. Looking a few pages back, you can actually see it in some photos. It’s a silver tampo on the bluish grey of his copter mode.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Ribieconvoy

News Credits:
    Just got this guy into copter form and he is HUGE. I was unprepared.

For those with this toy or the official, does the main rotor slide up and down a bit on its rotation axis? Mine does, and it doesn’t feel like it’ll break, but it’s such an odd feature if it’s an intentional one.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ZAXCY

ZAXCY Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    He’s arrived! Defs can notice a lot of flash around but it doesn’t take away to much for me. My guns are loose when attaching in heli mode a little annoying.

It’s a crazy fun mould still w the shotty feet. Feels good to finally have him and I pray for a heavy mortified version that really makes this guy as 1:1 as it can be to the movie.
    Mine does.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ribieconvoy

News Credits:
    I investigated a bit more and found it was a case of the screw holding the main rotor in place not being screwed in all the way. Grabbed a screwdriver and screwed it in all the way and the rotor no longer slides up and down on its rotation axis, but still spins freely.

• Like Like x 3
  15. KlotziDotCom

KlotziDotCom Metalhead Prime

Sorry to dig this up from last year, but if done correctly, weathering will look amazing - Buckle up, because i'll be repainting my Hide Shadow that i just got in the mail.

The key here is to weather in 2 different forms: You weather the alt mode with weathering typical to that type of vehicle. There are many conditions (factory new, pristine stuff or full-on rustbucket) and you gotta pick the one that matches the vehicle best. Military vehicles are rarely rusty, rather maintained, but do show signs of wear here and there. I wouldn't go with paint chipping on this one, but definitely true "weathering" streaks like a lot of aeronautic vehicles often get. They're barely visible, but make it alive - Even on a dull grey base.

The second form is the bot mode. That's where you can add a little more scuffs and scratches.

There's a deep rabbit hole waiting when it comes to weathering models, better not start with battle damage - and i'm talking real battle damage, not "let's slap some wash on it". ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  16. Wh1tebase

Wh1tebase Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Oh man, i just love this big boi so much. SS Blackout was good but this is pretty much perfect.

If no one told me this was a KO i would've believed it to be the real thing because the plastic definitely feels like an authentic Takara/Hasbro toy.
    20230227_134344.jpg 20230227_134358.jpg 20230227_134523.jpg 20230227_134438.jpg
    The only QC issue i got was that i received two 'missile firing' effects and no minigun effect :( 

20230227_134418.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  17. Slustor

Slustor Well-Known Member

i just got mine as well it is really well done and one of my fav MPM

• Like Like x 1
  18. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Bit the bullet and ordered one since odds are TRU in Canada will hold their price forever, and I'm not paying that much for it.

19. MattST

MattST Well-Known Member

I really hope an oversized version of this exists somepoint with the rotor blade able to collapse with the main rotor to avoid partsforming and allow for storage

• Like Like x 5
  20. Wh1tebase

Wh1tebase Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Given BMB has the files to make this, its definitely something we'll see in the near future in all its glorious KO paintjob