Bluestreak C-10 Henkei NOT in blue streak

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Agent-GHQ, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Isn't his name "Silverstreak"???? hehehe

2. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I've dug into it and it was. That's where those blue Bluestreak pics come from. Diaclone Car Robo product catalogues. The Car Robo Fairlady Z toy came in 4 versions. Standard street version in blue sides silver hood/roof and silver sides and black hood/roof (blue Bluestreak and his cartoon model colours). Police car, and rally car (Prowl and Smokescreen).

In fact that seems to be how Takara worked Car Robo molds. Regular production version in two colour schemes and a rescue/untility version. And in some cases a 4th variant.

3. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

correct. the all silver bluestreak we got as a transformer was NEVER released as a diaclone, the BLUE fairlady was actually the common toy, where the black hooded fairlady was the short packed version, like marlboor lancia stratos.

the silver plated "silver"streak we got as E-hobby exclusive along withgold jazz was a throw back to two award trophies Takara had produced for employees. i've only seen them once in a pic of the entire diaclone collection shown at a convention once in japan. wish i could still find those pics. was nice to drool over.

4. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    do you mean this pic??

[​IMG]

i think that the name bluestreak was in fact a description of the character as well, that intended to be the blue fairlady, but for any unknown reason,(maybe legal rights) they decided to give us a different paint scheme, as not even the black hooded(that was already vailable as a Diaclone) one was ever packed as a transformer.

5. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

God damn, that pic is sexy.

And yeah, I think it's safe to say they intended to use the originally more common blue Diaclone scheme, hence the catalog, boxart and instructions all showing him in blue. The "talks a blue streak" angle was likely secondary, because he was going to be blue. Blue car talks a blue streak; Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, kno' wha' I mean? Clever, that.

6. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    See also: Ironhide not made of iron.

:D 

7. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Bluestreak was only blue in Diaclone, where he wasn't even called Bluestreak. There's a particularly funny Mosaic about his nonsensical name.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2009
  8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits: