Blu-Ray Player or PS3

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by The Barracuda, Jul 9, 2010.

1. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    It's clear by now from other posts, but definitely go with the PS3. Sony announced recently that there will be an upgrade this fall to support 3D Blu-Rays (and photos, Youtube, et cetera). I am in the camp that finds the 3D thing hilariously unnecessary (even if it moves to fulfilling some of the Back to the Future trilogy's predictions), but it is nice to know that you'll have a player that will be updated and relevant for the foreseeable future.

2. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

The one thing I hate about my PS3 is the fan noise. It is stupid loud. So if you're not a gamer, that's one thing to think about.

Many a dramatic moment has been interrupted by a whoooooooooshhhhhhhh

3. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

What fan noise? I usally cant hear itwhen I'm screaming at Modnation racers becaus ethe AI is so friggin cheap and F*CKYOUSKIDPLATEANDYOURBUMPERHUMPINGCRONIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry bout that.

4. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL, that is great! I can relate to that, still waiting for that MNR patch COME ON already.

5. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I asked a similar question in the Lounge not too long ago. My cousin works for EA here in Orlando and he'd also suggested going with a PS3.

After a lot of research, I chose to buy a high-end Sony BD player instead of a PS3. Buying a game system I'm never going to use just didn't make sense, for me.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After playing Motorstorm and Wipeout in 3D, 3D has me by the balls. It's a choice, so it's not a gimmick, and it makes driving games especially so much better because that mesh in the background suddenly has depth and you can better prepare to dodge around trees and better prepare for tight turns. I can't freakin' wait for Killzone 3D.

I own a high end Samsung Blueray player (came with the TV bundle), and I still go with the PS3. On top of just running better, I have actually had the Samsung hickup a little on movies, and for some reason, when I tried netflix on it, it buffered a lot, while the PS3 and 360 fly through movies from beginning to end without a hitch. Also, you may never use the PS3 for a game... but simply put... you never know, and better to have something as part as something you already wanted, and not need it, than to see a commercial for a game that might peek your interest and know that you can play it on your blurray player.

7. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this

8. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

:sly2:  :sly2:  :sly2: 
    You are dead to me now.......dead. to. me.

9. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    PS3 cause you can DO more and plus its a gaming console rent movies etc so I say PS3 ALL the way.

10. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    PS3. More bang for your buck.

11. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 
    Hey, I may collect toys and know a little too much about Star Trek, but do I have to embody EVERY stereotype?

For what its worth, I DID try the Armada game one time.

I died. Instantly.

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That game is a motherfucker in the difficulty realm. There are codes for invisibility. Call it cheating, but it makes the game slightly more enjoyable. I beat it without the codes once.... after a lot of badwords. Starscream was hell.