blockbuster total access changing....:(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NotFastEnuff, Aug 20, 2007.

1. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    clip from email:
    There are some changes to our subscription plan lineup that introduce a new pricing structure and new plans which limit the number of in-store exchanges.

As a result, your current plan will no be longer be available at the current price.

(Unlimited Online DVDs up to 2 at a time plus unlimited in-store exchanges each month for $14.99)

We'd like to extend you a new plan that includes Unlimited Online DVDs 2 at a time plus up to 3 free* in-store exchanges for $14.99.

I feel that I should note that the reason that I left Netflix in the first place was it took 3-5 days to get movies from the time they sent them out. I'm in TN, and the nearest process center is in GA. I talked to another member who live about an hour from me, and he gets his in 1-2 days. It wasn't a sporadic thing either. It was fairly constant, and got worse the longer I was with them. Oh well, it doesn't matter now. If I can't exchange in store, I might as well wait. Netflix does have a MUCH better selection.

2. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

Thats the same email my roommate got. I guess they were picking a few customers to be nice to and a few not to be nice too.

3. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    It is also a common amongst both BB and Netflix to catagorize members into two groups. Casual renters, and Frequent renters. With the most frequent renters, they will slow down the shipping time, and bump the casual renter ahead of them. So if you rent more frequently than this other person, that could very likely be the case.

4. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

Wasn't the Netflix downtime due to that massive mess-up that took out many other big-time websites? Hardly Netflix's fault, IIRC.

5. ashe5k

ashe5k Well-Known Member

Never had Netflix and I'm sticking with my 17.99 plan which is 3 out at a time and 5 rentals a month in store. The turnaround time on my DVDs when I drop them off at the store is much faster than Netflix (which you can still do, you don't have to mail them just because you don't have rentals yet). I was paying something like 30 a month to rent 10 movies in store. Even with the deal as it is I'll average between 25-30 movies a month. Still a great deal to me. Even our local Blockbuster store is ticked about the change. One of the guys I usually talk to when I go is is fuming. So it's not just the customers who are upset.

6. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

I haven't had a email notice of change of plan yet. In my account it still says I have the $17.99, up to 3 out at a time, unlimited in-store exchange. Even if something happens I'll stick with them. The turnaround time is 48 hours, their mailing center is just 50 miles away. Now, if they didn't allow me to return the discs to the store for scanning, regardless of exchange, for immediate shipping of a queued title, then I might drop them.

For almost 2 years I had an in-store plan(Movie Pass?) for $14.99 that got me unlimited rentals, 1 out at a time. On some weekends I'd go back 3 times in one day and get a new one each time. It was the bomb. It averaged to about .50 cents a movie, and entire box sets counted as one rental. Never would have discovered Veronica Mars otherwise. Here, you can exchange 1 online DVD in-store for an entire boxset as well. Beats waiting for 7 individual discs to be mailed. Getting Boston Legal this way. They ended up stopping the Movie Pass and once my credit card expired you were SOL.

7. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

that sucks. I was thinking about getting the BB thing, since there's a store near me. Guess not now....

8. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    It's still a pretty good deal, you will still get more movies per month with BB than netflix because of the turn-time and 5 in-store return.