Blemishes on your TFs

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AnAutobot1985, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Mostly just little paint wear around the edges as a result of transforming back and forth and general handling that can't be avoided. Although some instances are worse than others...

-My Uni 2.0 Starscream lost a good chunk of paint off the cockpit "ponytail" piece after he slid on a piece of hard plastic.

-My Uni 2.0 Inferno's right half of his face looks like he has robot acne due to a paint curing issue, no way I could have seen it in the box. Of course, there was a LOT more wrong with the beat up box, and it's the only Uni 2.0 Inferno I've seen in person ever, and the figure is perfect outside of that one small issue, so I'm not complaining.

-My original G1 Sixshot isn't in the best of shape, as it's clear he was once somebody's plaything. The stickers are worn/torn, the rubsign doesn't work, and his chrome has a spot or two missing. That being said, he's not all that yellowed and remains visually impressive, and he was MUCH cheaper than the re-issue.

2. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I'm guessing it's that tab that should give way when the powermaster is forced onto?

3. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Yep. The hollow hole is filled with plastic. No Godmaster shall ever fill that hole :( 

4. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Damn that is a bummer, I feel your pain for being such an expensive figure :(  I have never seen that kind of problem with a powermaster port as well :confused2 

5. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    Paint chip on Henkei Astrotrain's chin upon de-MOSC.

[​IMG]

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

My Gens. Dirge has that well-known Decepticon symbol error on the wings. I'm not overly fussy about that sort of thing, so I never bothered to replace it.

7. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    my rts wind charger has a little notch off of his chin

8. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One of the wings of my Generations Thunderwing seems to have gotten messed up in the molding process. Looks like it got smushed while still partially melted or something. It's not a huge problem. I can just pretend it's battle damage or something. My Classics Jetfire also has two of the helmet antennae missing. Thankfully, it's the front ones on both sides, so it's symmetrical, and doesn't look that bad.

9. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got ROTF leader jetfire for a great deal but on the part right behind his neck he has a notch like it was hit by something hard. It's not a bad deal, other than that little notch the rest is in great shape.

My RiD Prowl? (white police car) first time I transformed him from bot to car, the socket of the door broke in two, so he'll never be in rob mode again, but I have his super version so that one is in bot while this one remains in car mode.

Generations Thundercracker, I only transformed him once or twice and the little piece that holds the foot pin on snapped in half. It still holds the pin in place and works like it should but there is now a gap missing from it. If the gap was any bigger, the pin would probable fall out.

10. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I have a chip on my Cyberfire Bumblebee's grill. I got that in a two-pack with Mudflap, who had paint splotches on his hood.

Good thing Mudflap went to a.... special Canadian.

11. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Nothing major as I consider paint mis-apps as simply part of the numbers game with toys.

I did however get a Henkei Ratchet with Henkei Ironhide's weapon. More likely due to the fact that I bought the thing pre-release and loose from a former board member who shall remained unnamed.

12. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    My Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee has this gray blemish on the chest/hood, otherwise near perfect paint apps, my Alternity Cliffjumper has paint chips, got them MISB.

I tend to think of paint defects/chips as battle damage nowadays, especially with online purchases. I used to be so OC about paint apps that i wasn't enjoying buying stuff anymore.

13. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

If there's scuffs in the paint and/or plastic, I overlook it and say it's battle damage (9 times out of 10 it's the result of me fiddling with it quite a bit, not how it is straight out of the box). But if there's joints that are busted or something like that, then I'd return and exchange it.

14. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not very fussy with imperfect paint apps, the imperfection which always bothers me is my BWN Bump. He's missing a weapon, so in a way my BWN toy collection is not 100% complete. He's not major enough character to bother me constantly, and I always forget to look for an affordable complete one. One day I will, one day....

15. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

not so much a blemish as it is the whole friggin' part is ripped off. The Battery Pack on my Optimal Optimus primal was torn off prior to my buying it. makes no difference to me, TM-II Primal didn't have a massive Battery pack attached to his main plasma battery anyway. Even if his Robot mode head DOES hinge on that Clunky chunk of plastic.

What's more, my Optimal Optimus' feet are turned around backwards. all of a sudden, I wish I had a small Phillip's Head Screwdriver.

16. johndoe4880

johndoe4880 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My optimal optimus. When i went to transform him, I notice something odd about his feet. there on backwards.
    also was told thats some of them where manufactured this way wasn't sure if thats is true or not

he kinda looks better thats way but still a pain in to transform

DSC00679 (1).JPG DSC00679.JPG DSC00680 (1).JPG DSC00680.JPG DSC00681.JPG DSC00682.JPG DSC00683.JPG DSC00684.JPG DSC00685.JPG DSC00686.JPG

17. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Its mostly wear and tear since most of mine were used as a their intended purpose (toys) back in the day. I am in the process of repairing them but even when finished some wear will show in most, like not perfect shape putty fixed hinges and some have stress marks. And ofc the stickers. In my most recent purcases I really hate the sprew marks some have.

18. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Generations Deluxe Galvatron has a gash across its nose.
    My RTS Jazz has a shin that was attached wrong.
    My CW Hook as a chip in its visor.
    My Prime Knockout came without any paint on its face. I tried to fix it myself but botched the effort. Now, it looks like he is wearing facial cream. I can't tell whether this more appropriate or not for the character.

This is one of the reasons why I prefer the trend to sell figures in robot mode.

19. AMG

AMG Old School

Yellowed Jetfires. Classic problem.

IMG_20170505_014701-2.jpg

It looks even worse in pics.

20. johndoe4880

johndoe4880 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Update i fixed My optimal optimus feet so now they look right on the figure DSC00032.JPG DSC00033.JPG DSC00034.JPG DSC00035.JPG DSC00036.JPG DSC00037.JPG DSC00679.JPG DSC00682.JPG DSC00683.JPG DSC00684.JPG DSC00685.JPG DSC00686.JPG