Blaster's Obligatory Transformers the Movie 2 Fic

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Blaster_Prime, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

Day 1.0: Best Laid Plans

02:03:57 CYBERTRON​

When Starscreams optics once again laid upon a Cybertronian horizon not much had changed since he had last left it. The land was still barren and war torn from the warring factions. Fires were still alive within certain cities, debris littered what once was the central bi-ways and roads of his home.

Iacon, his destination and once capitol of the great planet, was now nothing more than a crumbling testament to how far Megatron would go for his quest for ultimate power and strength. How he hated Megatron. HE was more fit as leader than Megatron ever could have been...at least, that's how Starscream saw it.

Amongst the barren wasteland was at least one sign of life, hidden within one of the tumbled towers within Iacon. When Starscreams thrusters started to ease and the cloud of dust settled from his landing, one of the last remaining citizens of Cybertron turned away from his work at a dilapidated computer console to observe his arrival...and in such odd guise as well.

"Starscream...what primitive from have you taken?"

"Now is not the time for such banter Shockwave...our leader has fallen, and the allspark has been destroyed."

Starscream wasted no time to update his fellow decepticon on the situation. He spoke halfway through transformation, finishing just in time for his parts to cease their movement. Shockwave watched with great interest, curious at the form Starscream had taken, even more so than the news that had been delivered to him.

"Megatron and the allspark? What treachery of yours has brought us here Starscream?"

"Not by my hand, but that of the Autobots. Optimus Prime has taken refuge with organic creatures on a planet called earth."

"Earth..." Shockwaves processors worked quickly, even with his knowledge and the vast records of Cybertronian space exploration, such a planet was not yet known to him. "Are we graced with only your survival?"

"No...Barricade is still stationed on earth to make preperations."

"Preperations?"

"Yes...for I have found another way to revive Cybertron."

13:14:32 EARTH​

The California sun was high in the sky and beat down like it usually did. Sam was sweating, but given the circumstances he didn't mind it. Usually this time of day he would be stuck in classes, roasting in some poorly circulated university room with some stuff professor staving off the heat by discussing the ice age a week ahead of scheduale...but that's not where he was today.

Today he sat in the front seat of his partner Bumblebee in the middle of a dried out barren section of the California plains. Bumblebees engine rumbled steadily, but could barely be heard over that of the Mustang next to him. Sitting in the mustang was Chet Mathews, the cocky college car buff that Sam and Bumblebee agreed deserved to be taken down a peg.

"You're Sweating Wiki."

"It's Witwicky, and in case you hadn't noticed it's pretty hot out."

Chet smirked and nodded musingly. "Sure it is."

Sam shook his head and desperately tried to force back a smile. This was why he didn't mind the sweating, it gave Chet that extra air of cockiness about him, as if he got off on thinking he actually intimidated Sam so in his pure white beauty.

"You think we should go easy on him?"

"I don't believe that would be fair to him Sam, besides I would like to see if I can beat my own speed today."

"Yeah well when you think about it using a talking alien car to win a street race is anything but fair and as it is you go fast enough, and if I come back from class to find another mysterious speeding ticket on the windshield I'm taking you back to the used car lot."

"YOU READY WIKI??" Sam and Bumblebees conversation was cut short by the furious roar of the Mustangs engine. Chet was getting anxious, already inching his way up to the starting line...literally, a line drawn in the sand.

"It's Witwic-"

"GO!"

Before he could finish Chet screamed ahead, kicking up a massive cloud of dust and gaining an impressive distance on him. Bumblebees reflexes kicked in quickly, pulling them forward and into the race on the sands to the finish line, a distant rock about a mile a way.

Any confidence Chet had on in the begining was soon shattered when the yellow camero quickly made its way alongside him, pausing just enough so he could see Sams smiling face in the drivers seat.

Bumblebee was almost disappointed when the mark was hit and the race was won. No real challenge had been had, and overall he had only just barely reached over 100 mph. Although he would never admit it, especially not to Optimus, he missed the thrill of battle.

"What the hell...what do you have in that thing Wiki?"

"Well you know Chet its not really what you have inside but how you drive."

"Whatever..." Chet kicked the dust off of his tires in a fit of disbelief. He lost...not something that happened often, nor was it something he took lightly. He was about to turn and make another scathing, yet not terribly well thought out, remark when he noticed the crowd on the other end scatter. Listening carefully he heard a sound he was well familiar with.

"Shit...5-0." Half way to his drivers-side door Chet doubled back and pulled out his pocket knife, plunging it into Bumblebees left front tire. "Good luck Wiki!"

Of course had Chet known how little this would effect a transforming alien car he wouldn't have wasted his time. Almost the instant it was popped the tire was filled with a quick-fix fluid and was ready to move, that is...if Ironhide hadn't just pulled up, blocking his way.

"You're not going anywhere hot shot."

Immediately Sam knew what was going on, and a small part of him had rather preferred the cops. From behind him the source of the siren had become clear as Ratchet arrived alongside Optimus, pulling up alongside the yellow camero and transforming with a rather stern look upon his face. Sam sunk into the leather seats, still sweating, but not from the heat.

"It was the boy's idea sir."

(( A short installment to start off with. I've been playing with this in my head for a while now and just wanted to get something down on paper...er...thread. I'll be back to post further updates as often as I can, most likely weekends will be where you will see something from me. Enjoy ^^ ))

2. ironkaty

ironkaty mystery warrior

taht was ace sam in troblue

3. Blaster_Prime

Day 1.2: Best Laid Plans...Always Lead Astray

04:14:25 CYBERTRON​

"...if what you are saying is true, then you will need help to collect what you seek." Shockwave stared intently at Starscream who had now taken a more familiar, cybertronian form for the moment. He had to admit, as headstrong and foolish as he was, Starscream had seemed to have stumbled upon something almost as good as the power of the allspark. If anything, he had to commend him for having what it takes to conceive such a plan as he had.

"Yes, are you the only decepticon still within the planet?"

"My scanners have picked up few energy signatures since the battle left our home. Some are autobot, however I have detected several signatures together in the equilateral cravace."

"The constructicons?"

"I believe so. It is my suspicion that Soundwave is still at his post as well. Although it will take some convincing to get him to follow your lead."

"Yes...his loyalty to Megatron was strong. He is a vital ally, however I would question his motives as well as his loyalty towards our effort."

"Your resentment of our leader was no secret Starscream..."

"It makes no difference now. Contact them, I will transmit the coordinates." Starscream reached behind him and from a hidden storage compartment from his back and pulling out a glowing cube, its light bluish in hue with white sparks firing from within...fresh energon...taken directly from the blue planet known as earth.

13:20:34 EARTH​

"Optimus, listen..."

"This doesn't concern you Sam." Optimus turned away to the now fully transformed camero who was standing quite sheepishly. Going into the race he knew this was a possibility, but he was bored, and was in desperate need of some excitement around this place.

"Sir, I apologise."

"Bumblebee I've known you for quite some time now, and I know by this point that this sort of thing should be expected. However the war is still not over, and the humans of this planet are not yet accustomed to our presence."

"Yes sir, I was only looking to have a little fun. We have not seen Starscream since the last battle with Megatron."

"That does not mean he has given up. Starscream is fool hearty and tenacious, I do not believe he would leave things be with the end of Megatron."

"Don't forget, Barricade and Scorpinok still haven't been found either." Ironhide stepped in respectfully, waiting for Optimus to have his word in first. Ever since Jazz went offline, Ironhide had done his best to fill the shoes of the first lt. of the autobots. At first he was reluctant to take the position, but Optimus had great faith in his comrade and managed to coerce him in the end.

"I realize that. I guess my servos are just getting restless."

"Better a restless servo then a few days on the repair table." Ratchet was quick to jump in. Living on a foreign planet at his age was bad enough, but being stuck there with a headstrong young bot didn't make it any easier. In the heat of battle personality wasn't noticed as much, but now, that's all there was.

"Listen Bumblebee, I know it's hard, but we have not yet heard from others of our kind in quite some time. We may be the only autobots left, and we know there is at least one more decepticon still amongst the stars."

05:23:17 OUTSIDE CYBERTRON​

Transmission received, coordinates downloaded.

Arcee gave her processor a moment for the data to run through and register with her core. The information she managed to intercept from the Decepticon signal coincided with that she, Wheeljack and Hot Rod had all only recently received.

"Well? What is it?" Wheeljack waited impatiently, not particularly enjoying their sanctuary within the drifting debris orbiting their home planet. The three autobots had been discussing their plans to meet up with their leader when Arcee detected the signal coming from Iacon. He was anxious, and slightly annoyed. He was a scientist after all, not too suited for war, and certainly not suited for cowering from opposing fire.

"It's Starscream...something about energon on Earth."

"Energon?"

"Earth, isn't that where Prime is?" Hot Rod's receptor perked on the mention of the strange planet. Unlike Wheeljack he was, or at least saw himself to be, suited for war. He was young, not too far off from the assembly line. It was only a few solar cycles before the cube left cybertron that he had had the pleasure of meeting Prime in person. Much as many autobots, Optimus was a great source of inspiration to him, and he hope for nothing more than to prove his worth to him.

"...the coordinates match..."

"Then shouldn't we try and get their before Starscream does?"

"Wait...he's calling for reinforcements." Arcee pushed the young bot aside, moving further away from the group so she might be able to concentrate without the constant interruption. When she turned back it was clear that not all was well, things were not going to be so easy. "He's assembled the constructicons."

"...We need to go now."

4. jazz_00

jazz_00 legen wait 4 it dary

looking good mate. cant wait to read more

5. surak777

surak777 Autobot Musician TFW2005 Supporter

I see trouble rising, great hook, great characterizations based on movie info, character development good.. story good...
    complaints too short (I want more)

6. Blaster_Prime

Thanks for the comments everyone as for the overall shortness of these I would like to address.

Usually my fictions (I've been on ff.net for a while tho no tf fics) are quite lengthy and much more detailed and elaborate than what I have been writing so far. I plan on pushing myself more towards my usual writing style for the next few installments. The whole reason I had been keeping them short is mostly because this whole fic was a spur of the moment type thing and I wasn't sure if my usual writing style would be suitable for a forum post. But from here on out, they will be more detailed, more elaborate, and more lengthy so as fit my usual standards.

Due to this they won't be as freaquent as I have other endevors (http://antizombiearmy.comicgenesis.com) that take up most of my time, but I will try to put them up in a timely manner.

Thanks again ^^

7. jazz_00

look forward to seeing them blaster

8. Blaster_Prime

Day 1.9 EARTH

Bumblebee grumbled slightly to himself, kicking a cloud of dirt up into the air as his robot mode lumbered through the hills of California…night watch, such was his punishment for street racing with Sam earlier that day. He couldn’t blame Prime for doing so, and as much as he hated scanning his new home in the middle of the night alone, and always in hiding, it was worth it for that brief moment of adrenaline.

BZZRT…-mus Prime, surviving autobots BZZZRRT Starscream discovered our signal, scrambled our radar BZZZRT

The young bots receivers rang with the sudden static and broken transmission in cybertronian. He wasn’t exactly a communications bot, so his reception of any transmission was limited to short distances, short being a few hundred mega clicks at best. This meaning that any transmission of this kind could mean only one of two things. Either Ironhide was trying to keep him on his toes, or comrades were on their way.

This is Bumblebee, stationed on the Blue Planet: Earth. Your transmission is broken, please repeat.

Immediately Bumblebee worked on a reply, his abilities to receive were limited, however his ability to transmit was slightly more capable, especially when using the human satellites to his advantage. Through the static a second transmission began to work its way through the atmousphere, however judging by the amount of interference whoever was calling for help was already well on their way to a decent to the planet.

BZZZZRT –bots seeking the coordinates transmitted by Optimus BZZZRRRT Starscream BZZZRRT –radar…Trajectory compromised BZZZZRT

From there reentry was almost certain, a loud roar cut through the end of the transmission and abruptly cut off contact. Having another good listen to the voice on the other end Bumblebee was almost sure Arcee was the one making the transmission. That, and the fact that only the autobot communications officer would use such a frequency. It was obscure and very faint, almost on the end of the gauge, but with the risk of such a weak signal to be received, even at such a close distance, no Decepticon would think to check that low on the dial.
    Almost immediately the northeastern sky welcomed a falling star, very faint and with only the slightest hue of red. Although excited, Bumblebee knew it was too far off to be landing anywhere near here. Arcee mentioned something about “scrambled radar” and “compromised trajectory.” This didn’t bode well; Primus knows where his comrades would land. Looking down at the long road ahead of him back to home base, Bumblebee smirked and activated his transformation sequence. At least he had an excuse to break the speed limit…and then some.

CYBERTRON

“Scanners indicate planet-fall in three clicks. It seems your scrambling of their radar has failed Starscream.” Shockwave’s tone had an air about it where only the slightest bit of mockery could be sensed, even then it was hard to find unless you were looking for it, but then again, Starscream bathed himself in sarcasm and deception so of course he noticed.
    “No matter, this still buys us time before they can rendezvous with prime. Besides…I have an operative still active on earth who will take care of them.”
    “Yes, Barricade…but from what I hear he had trouble with the youngest of Prime’s so called ‘soldiers.’ How can you be sure he will handle three more?”
    “Have faith comrade…he will have backup very soon.”

Day 2.0 EARTH 01:13:07

“Arcee? Are you sure?”
    “Yes sir, positive, she spoke of others as well.”
    “Others?” For once Ironhides attention was drawn away from his artillery diagnostics and upgrades routine. His spark may thrive in the heat of battle, but there was another passion of his, sharing war stories with other warriors over an energon feed. “Magnus perhaps?”
    “I don’t think we are lucky enough.” Ratchet laughed off at even the suggestion of someone of Magnus’s reputation to be anywhere near this spat of dirt. Often seen second only to Optimus himself, Ratchet saw him valiantly fighting off ensuing Decepticons in the vast reaches of space surrounding the Cybertron reaches.
    “I don’t know who else, but I believe one of them has landed somewhere on this continent. I saw them descend in the north east.”
    Optimus pondered this for a moment, his processor scanning through the internet for not only maps and atlases but any news reports of what the humans refer to as a “meteorite.” After a few moments he came across three cases, only one of which that was within their reach…

DOWNTOWN TOKYO

The back streets were slick after the fresh rain, perfect conditions for drifting. Already competitors were eagerly lining up their cars, setting up street cones, and scanning the police radios so a quick getaway might be achieved. Before long the races at hand, two at a time modified racers drifted their way through tight curves, competing for money and pride. After twenty minutes it became clear that the cops were far too busy with a reported meteorite crash into the Tokyo tower to care about a few kids drifting on the scarcely occupied allies, the scanners were turned off, and stakes were raised…pink slips were on the line now, and no one was ready to lose.
    The crash into the Tower effected Wheeljack very little, barely even a scratch on him. Looking around he could see a number of odd surroundings. This place reminded him slightly of home. It was bright and lively, buildings were tall and cast in metal and what looked like a transparent material. Although there were some vehicles present it seemed that small fleshy organisms were the dominant upon the planet, and that they had constructed such things. This fascinated him. Something of a tinkerer he knew the complications that technology could offer, and that such primitive looking beings could achieve so much was amazing.
    Screeching tires and roaring engines soon grasped his attention. Dodging behind buildings he found his way to makeshift racetrack and watched intently as these vehicles that seemed to be bound to the road by a system of tires, still seemed to float somehow on its surface.
    “Now’s that’s interesting…”

GERMANY: THE AUTOBAN

Jarod had heard legends of the Autoban back in the states, but he never thought he would find himself streaking down its miles of paved paradise. Piles upon piles of speeding tickets had shown up in his lap back home, but here he was able to fulfill his every desire. The wind felt good, the speed was incredible, pushing his cycle to its limits the surrounding German landscape was nothing more than a colorful blur beside him.
    Arcee watched from a distance as a flurry of vehicles sped with enormous speed past her. It was impressive, but now was not the time to gawk at the sights and sounds of a strange planet. She needed to find Optimus, but before she could even think about doing that, it would be wise to find a disguise for herself, something that she could easily blend in with, something slender, something fast, something…something like what that small flesh ling was riding.

NEW YORK CITY

Hot Rod stood in his new robot mode in tune with earth technology. Using a reflective building nearby he looked at himself, and was quite pleased with what he saw. After landing in a horridly unclean deposit of water that ran through most of the city he was in, he climbed ashore and his eyes met on something he could not pass up. If he had learned the earth language correctly through something called the “internet” the vehicle he beheld was something called a “Dodge Charger.” It was sleek, fast looking, and had just the slightest retro look about it. What exactly “retro” meant he wasn’t sure, but he liked it anyways.
    He knew he had transform quickly so as not to be seen, a city like this, there usually won’t be an area this deserted for long. Halfway through transformation he picked up a transmission on a weak, low end autobot signal, the same signal Arcee favored. Only the voice on the other end wasn’t the fembot, it was someone he knew well, someone he looked forward to seeing again.
    This is Optimus Prime…welcome to Earth my fellow Autobots. The people of this planet are not yet accustom to our presence, please stay in disguise and meet me at the following coordinates.

9. jazz_00

nice. i woulda thought to go a dodge viper for hot rod. but a charger is nice aswell :D . im thinking wheeljack will be a supra?

10. Dinobot616

Dinobot616 Member

hey good story. Have you written any more?

11. Blaster_Prime

Sorry I know I haven't updated in a while but things have been really crazy over here. Work has been exhausting emotionally and I'm looking for another job right now and I'm preparing to go to a convention to advertise my webcomic. Not sure when I'll get back to this, sorry :(