Black Widow Movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Sep 25, 2010.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I expect it will be a passing of the torch movie and introduce the Yelena Belova version of Black Widow.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

As long as she isn't blond. Yuck!

[​IMG]

4. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I think this latest "news" needs to be taken with a HUGE grain of salt. All these comic sites are paraphrasing an article from the Daily Mail that is loaded with conjecture, rumor and some just wrong information. First off, neither Marvel or Disney have confirmed that any of this is even green lit yet, so all this shit about how millions upon millions of dollars being paid here & there is gonna play out is absurdly premature. And it going down the rabbit hole of pay equality buzz word o' the month with comparisons to what RDJ got/gets for Iron Man is just desperately trying to find a controversy where there isn't one... yet.

That, and their "report" states this blatantly wrong info: "The Black Widow film has Jude Law and Ben Mendelsohn as potential co-stars". Wrong. That's Captain Marvel news, not this Black Widow thing that only just popped up a few days ago.

Bluntly: this is all a crock of shit right now.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    I assume you all saw "Ghost in the Shell"?

6. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, it seems like they are getting ready to transition to a new era after Infinity wraps up. If they really wanted to do a Black Widow movie they probably would have done it five or so years ago...

7. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    What does a futuristic tech thriller have to do with a Soviet assassin?

8. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    The implication seems to be that because GiTS flopped Black Widow has a good chance of flopping. To be fair, Scarlet Johansen headlined movies haven't been doing well lately. GiTS flopped, Lucy flopped, that female Very Bad Things rip off movie she was in flopped...

9. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  10. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Never seen you like this before :lol 

11. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Lucy was a terrible shit movie but I thought it actually made a bunch of money? That said, I do agree that movie studios are perhaps apprehensive about ScarJo headlining a solo super heroine movie with GitS's poor performance/reception. Although they need only look at the Wonder Woman movie to see that it can be done but it must be done right.

Hope Disney/Marvel doesn't screw it up then.

12. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    So I guess this means Natasha survives Infinity War. I'm sorta anticipating most of the original cast from Phase 1 to bite the bullet or retire after the battle with Thanos goes down.

14. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I'm banking on that Jlaw kgb spy thrilled as a litmus test whether a BW movie might succeed. That entire trailer just screamed great BW origin story.

There was also Atomic Blonde, which didn't do so well, and that works against a BW movie succeeding.

I know people have really attached themselves to the core Avenger actors as supposedly the definitive versions them, but honestly hope that Marvel has enough faith in the actual characters to recast and continue the individual franchises.

So many stories left to tell and it would be a shame to stop them because people can't let go of Evans or RDJ in their respective roles.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Nah, I don't think so. The key difference of course being that neither of those are part of the aligned MCU, and that will be the thing that automatically helps a BW solo movie succeed. It's not even about ScarJo at this point nor her string of relatively 'meh' action chick flicks - it's about the BW character. I also don't think Marvel is suddenly going to make a retroactive prequel as a sequel post Avengers 4. If anything, this will be a movie with a lot of female co-stars and flashbacks to her past, just possibly under the BW moniker. Sort of like Cap's Civil War.

Personally, I think the real litmus test is going to be Captain Marvel since THAT is the MCU's first true female fronted solo movie.

• Like Like x 2
  16. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Yeah, they're not aligned, but representative of the spy genre, which BW would obviously be a part of in that regard. I mean, insert BW as the main character of either movie and I wonder how much that affect their success.

For as much success the MCU has achieved, eventually a bomb is destined to happen. But I do agree that Captain Marvel is another guage to potentially measure.

17. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

After the smashing success of Wonder Woman (while the rest of the DCEU implodes), there's no reason to doubt the chances of success for Captain Marvel or Black Widow - if the movies are good, people will come. And both already have MCU built in brand loyalty.

I'm glad to hear, after all this time, a Black Widow movie seems to be in the works. She has one of the most compelling and complex backstories of any Avengers in the MCU and I don't doubt she could lead her own film.

To quote Hope van Dyne: "It's about damn time".

18. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Guys a black widow movie is already filmed and is coming out....its called red sparrow

• Like Like x 1
  19. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I’m definitely delighted to get a Nat movie, but I really, really want a Valkyrie movie.

• Like Like x 1
  20. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Scarlett Johansson: A Standalone Black Widow Movie Needs to be ‘Groundbreaking’ and ‘Incredibly Badass’

“I think there’s room for it,” Johansson said with excitement. “The only way to do it would be if it were something that we’ve never seen before that was really groundbreaking and incredibly badass. I think if anyone could make that happen my boss Kevin Feige could. He’s a visionary.”

“I think it could be something really special,” she continued. “There's a lot of room there. The character has a tortured past, she’s had to make a lot of difficult decisions. She has a lot of trauma. She’s got issues. There’s room to work them all out.”

• Like Like x 1