Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (Black Panter 2)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Man, the opening Marvel logo hit hard. It caught me by surprise even though it wasn’t a surprise it would end up with a tribute. I saw it Friday night and it was quiet. Same thing at the end with the flashbacks.

Technically this movie “shouldn’t” have worked. It’s a tad bit too busy and overstuffed. I didn’t get super invested in a Wakanda/Talokan war but I came here for the feels and the cast delivered on that.

Queen Ramonda is a bad ass. M’Baku has charisma, wisdom and strength. And Namor has a subtle charm that instantly flips to murderous resolve that you can’t turn away from.

This is going in my MCU rewatchable movies list (next to Civil War, End Game, No Way Home and Ragnarok). Boseman’s passing is still sad. This movie really honors the guy and really helps you get in touch with that feeling of loss.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Uniclonus

Uniclonus Well-Known Member

I have to comment on this particular bit of stupidity because it pains me so. 2 panels on that page get used 3 times each with the only changes being the speech bubbles. How goddamn lazy are the artists these days? (I know, it's more the tight the deadlines and all but still)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Honestly that art is better than some recent comics. They have been hiring some awful artists at both companies to save money recently. The people they hired wouldn't have gotten a job at the company 5 or 10 years ago under the old art standards. Some of them are making Liefield look like a amazing artist when you compare their art to his.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man I can't stand
    Julia Louis-Dreyfus.
    as well. I hate Seinfeld and whatever other roles she plays.

Agreed on all your points as well. I didn't like it as much as the 1st, but worth watching.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked Riri. Wish she was more involved but was fun. She's not here to replace Tony. She may have a mechanical suit, but her personality and vibe feels like it's going in a different direction.

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Getting ready to watch. Only one in this showing. Private screening baby!

Edit: well about 8 people showed up during previews. So no private showing

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
  7. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    A touching tribute to Chadwick and a phenomenal job by Ryan Coogler and all of the cast. Angela Basset and Tenoch Huerta as Namor especially had great performances.

• Like Like x 3
  8. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not just bad writing, that panel also highlights how lazy artists have become that they just copy-paste panels, especially prevalent in these "talking heads" dialogue style.

Ironically, the movie was okay. Nothing spectacular but not bad either. Probably because they literally kept nothing from Bendis' run and just did their own thing and focused on the Kents as a family, and Jonathan's friendship with Damian.

Oh he was responsible for that crap? I looked at one episode and was wondering whoever thought this was a good idea.
    I thought Bendis was some older Marvel era guy honestly, was he not on X-Men originally?

Namor is a lot like Aquaman (or vice versa, he predates him by 2 years), he has a similar origin, where he is only half-Atlantean (his father was a Human fisherman). I assume that's why he is not blue.

Aw yeah the same show that pretended that T'Challa had an adopted white brother whom we somehow never heard about until then. :D  I think the Marvel wiki actually considers the whole Black Panther and the Avengers series to be a separate continuity.
    And yes, Attuma has never been in much else except for that cartoon. Compared to Black Manta and King Shark and Ocean Master, Namor's rogue's gallery is far less well known.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  9. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Supersons was from way before Bendis so his run would have nothing to do with it it.
    [​IMG]
    Bendis originally started out on Alias (Jessica Jones) He created her because he originally wanted to do the story with Spiderwoman but Marvel editors at the Time wouldn’t let him.

He then had a very successful run on Ultimate Spider-man before disassembling the Avengers and killing Hawkeye. Then doing House of M and “No more mutants” His work would go down hill from there.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

You and me both, every time she popped up I rolled my eyes. Really hate her character. I enjoyed the film and definitely felt emotion in parts, especially the opening credits scene and the post credits.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I’ll be fair, she was perfectly fine as Atta from A Bug’s Life. :lol  I just HATE this character.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Who else got one of these? :D 

Wakanda Coins.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

14. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    It's the challenge coin certain theaters were giving away when they had the double feature of Black Panther, and then Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever.

• Like Like x 1
  15. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Behind-The-Scenes pics by production designer Hannah Beachler.

[​IMG]
    The hut where the first Black Panther Bashenga was born, based on the hut that is Nelson Mandela's birthplace.

[​IMG]
    Okoye's house. Influenced by Great Zimbabwe ruins, which were thought to have been the capital of a great city during the Iron Age. Danai Gurira (Okoye) also hails from Zimbabwe.

[​IMG]
    North Triangle Flower Shop. The flowers represent every countries national flower on the continent of Africa. Musgum Mud Huts (Beehive houses) of the ethnic Musgum People, Cameroon.

[​IMG]
    The Talokan throne: a megalodon jaw encrusted with jade teeth. The Hieroglyph carved in the bone reads, "This Jade Tooth Bites."

[​IMG]
    This is meant to be a cenote (sinkhole), and is inspired by the Ceiba tree, sacred tree of life and the three realms, which Namor occupied all, like Chaac guardian of the underworld.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/yxlwp9/15_photos_showcasing_the_set_design_of_black/
    https://twitter.com/hannahebeachler

Some truly creative, beautiful and historically-inspired designs.

• Like Like x 7
  16. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
  17. Lord Kaukazus

Lord Kaukazus Banned

18. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So this movie sounds horrible to me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Yeah when you hear the actual plot laid out like that, it sounds like they could have planned the story better.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  20. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Bendis had a really good streak of comic runs - that made him a big name. He created Jessica Jones and completely revamped Daredevil into the DD most of us think of nowadays (one of the best DD runs - up there with Miller). Ultimate Spider-Man helped launch an entire imprint of alt-universe comics and reshaped the cartoons/games/movies. Then he created the New Avengers and Dark Avengers and a few other concepts that were a cash cow. He created Miles Morales.

Dude was on fire.

Then it just stopped. He kept getting gigs and the quality never came back

• Like Like x 4