Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (Black Panter 2)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Oct 11, 2018.

1. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Are you really asking? I can think of two. Although I can't understand why you think there will be no explanation.

I'd argue that Black Panther's biggest antagonist is Killmonger, not Klaw, although you run into the same problem. But both Klaw and Killmonger have been dead and came back.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  2. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    They'll say he died, and leave it there. Even though it won't make any sense.

Imagine if that happened after Iron Man 2, another movie where the main character came extremely close to dying.

3. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I imagine they would have T Challa die from something natural. They might play it close to home and have him die of cancer between Endgame and WF. It’s different than every time he avoids death from combat. I think it would have a different impact showing that our heroes can die from disease too. In some ways they could add some cancer awareness. I then hope Disney would donate some of its profits towards cancer charities and black communities.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's a pretty good idea with good reasons. I also find it ironic since I remember the Marvel Comics version of Wakanda had things like the cure for cancer that it refused to share with the rest of the world, which thankfully seems to be the opposite of how the MCU version of Wakanda rolls.

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Just so I'm clear - you hate Black Panther 2, which hasn't even begun filming yet, based on your guess of how the character of T'Challa will be handled?

• Like Like x 1
  6. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Yes. I already know they won't handle it correctly, because Kevin Feige explicitly said so at the Investors Conference last winter.

I would hope they just keep him alive and off-screen, like they did in FatWS, so that they can change their mind and recast the character afterwards.

7. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The title character being alive and off-screen would make for the most awkward movie ever made.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, that would be insanely weird. It's not the same as keeping Steve ambiguous off-screen since he's not the title character. Now if the movie was just being called Wakanda or whatever then I could see that, but as it stands this is going to be a Black Panther movie. Like it or not the choice has currently been made. We'll just have to see how it goes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dinobot1

dinobot1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would almost be as bad as reappropriating unused footage of Boseman and making a film around it. I still can’t believe they did that with Carrie Fisher in “The Rise of Skywalker.”

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugh, that was so weird and ghoulish.

I also hated digital Tarkin in Rogue One.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    But Steve was a 90 year old man who did his duty, retired and lived a life of peace. That won’t work with T Challa since he is a young man. That would hurt his character. A young noble king just walks away from his nation because he was tired.

You don’t understand how wrong that would be for black people. Black people have a hero they can cheer for and called their own and that hero just walks out. Abandoned is a huge issue within poor black communities in the US. A lot of those young children that had their fathers walk out on them look up to T Challa. You know how shitty that is to those poor children to then see their hero walk out on them too.

You recast ASAP or you have him die off screen in a noble way.

12. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    You didn't understand at all. Steve Rogers is dead. I didn't mention him at all. But T'Challa was still the king in FatWS, he just didn't show up. That's what I would propose. If they're so scared about the optics of recasting him now just wait until the next movie to do it, and keep him off-screen for BP2.

13. dinobot1

dinobot1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But who would be Black Panther in the movie called “Black Panther?”

14. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    But still makes no sense. You can’t name the movie Black Panther and not show the Black Panther. You go into FaTWS expecting no appearance. That’s why it works there. You can’t go into anything tied to his own franchise and just ignore him. It would lead to so many plot holes.

You’re still ignoring the cultural issue in that.

15. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I don't care. I just want them to think about this for more than the 30 seconds it must have taken to decide that nobody would ever play T'Challa on film again.

16. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you may be reading into some comments because I'm almost positive he said nothing of the sort.

17. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

That isn't the same thing as not recasting the MCU T'challa. When the MCU is over or for other/ animated projects of course someone else should play him.

18. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Plot holes? You want to talk about plot holes? What about the part where T'Challa was the only one left with the Heart Shaped Herb in the whole kingdom? What about the part where the Black Panther can use that power to travel to the Ancestral Plane to talk to their ancestors? Is Wakandan religion just dead now because they thought recasting would be "disrespectful?"

What about the part where T'Challa literally told his dad that he couldn't die because he had a job left to do? And then the very next movie where he got killed again. And then the very next movie where he comes back again? Where's the consistency there?

He said out loud "we have decided not to recast the character of T'Challa."

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Right, but here you are so assured of your belief that it won't be handled well. You're reading into that comment since none of us knows what exactly that means. Fiege has done a pretty damn good job of steering the ship, why don't you give him a chance instead of making your mind up about a project that they're still actively casting and hasn't even gotten a camera up yet?

20. the Wraith

the Wraith Banned

Not everyone would agree with that.

• Like Like x 1