Black Lightning the Tv Series

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Tekkaman Blade, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So Flash and BL are already taking a week off? They've only had four episodes.

2. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me that's a good thing.

I don't have to record this week's new episodes of The Gifted and Lethal Weapon on my DVR so that I can watch them later on.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  3. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Lethal Weapon is still on? I expected Fox would have canceled that crap after 5 episodes.

4. SmokeyPrime

SmokeyPrime Well-Known Member

Another good ep. The opening fight between Jenn and Khalil was great. I also loved the scene with Tobias and Henderson. The former was pretty funny in a black comedy manner and had good lines. His plan was predictable but that's because it made sense and it worked very well; a great move by him and it'll be cool seeing how he operates now.

This was another ep that did a really good job of showing Jefferson's flaws - his self-righteousness, his loosening of morals/principles and poor use of his empathy in regards his family's safety, and his temper in regards Tobias were all on display and played major roles in the episode.
    It's now even drove Jenn back to Khalil. These two will be very interesting to watch over the course of the next few eps.

The scene at the department with Tobias and that money launderer was good. Nice insight into gang dynamics and gang code in Freeland and it gave us a little more insight into Tobias' goals.

Lowry is teetering on the edge of generic, with his vow not to let any more students die being the only thing that saved him from going over the edge. Would it not have made more sense to include Lowry's only scene in the previous episode in this one instead?

Good development with Lynn. Jace starting on the trail to the Pierce family's secret is juicy - intriguing hook and can lead to some big stuff down the line.

Kara's stuff was handled well enough. Arguably should have had scenes with Jefferson before passing but that may be intentional. Plus, she had a connection to Gambi as his successor which let us see his remorse and change.

The family interactions were on point this episode. But, the attack on the clinic (even if it's still only the early days of this storyline) was underwhelming. Jefferson saying taking money back from criminals is stealing was dumb as well. It was wrong because of how reckless it was and how it's made the clinic a target, but it is not theft.

This ep did a better job of connecting the various plots together and they were all executed well with good/big moments, but there's still too much going on in each episode. I must also say that it was a strong image to ahve Jefferson hunched over in melancholy while a verse from Let America Be America Again was written behind him.

5. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    So um.
    A certain tailor died.
    Sad timing considering you know who died yesterday.

6. adrainsmith

adrainsmith New Member

Facebook:
    The CW released the synopsis, promotional photos and videos for Season 2 Episode 5 of Black Lightning -The Book of Blood:Chapter One:Requiem. Check out the description and promotional photos as well as the sneak peeks for another great Superhero Show here at FANdemonium Network.

7. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well, I just learned they killed off
    James Remar's character,
    there goes my last thread of interest I had with this show. Guess I'm done with it.

8. GamerSlyRatchet

GamerSlyRatchet Well-Known Member

That last moment with Anissa and the sheriff was very creepy. I wonder if it has anything to do with Grace.

I don't buy it for a minute. No body = no death.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, the ending made no sense to me. I have no idea who that's supposed to be.

Agreed about the "No body" part.

10. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    2x06 - The Book of Blood: Chapter Two: The Perdi

- Man, I feel for Lynn. Loosing some of the pod kids under her care is gonna take an emotional toll on her. Hope Jefferson, Anissa, and Jennifer come to her aid before it’s too late.

- Peter Gambi is one clever and hard-core tailor! Installing a hatch underneath the driver’s seat to escape from his van, blowing it up afterwards to make it look like he died in it, and then cutting off two of one of the hitter’s fingers before shooting him dead. Hope he finds whoever ordered the hit on him so that he can stop laying low and return to Jefferson and his family!

- So Looker is behind the Sange (the fast-moving thingys) and using her “element” (the silver liquid) to turn others into Sange! So much for her being a hero much less an ally to Black Lightning!

- Now Khalil knows that Tobias was the one who paralyzed him at the march! Pretty arrogant of Tobias to mention that to Khalil!

- That fight between Khalil and Tobias was intense! Wish Khalil had defeated Tobias! Guess the Reverend was right, its not too late for Khalil.

- So the Sange (Looker’s white gunrunners) and the Perdi (the black woods-people) are mortal enemies? It’s like the Hatfields and McCoys with them!

11. GamerSlyRatchet

See, what did I tell you all about Gambi?

Kind of a bizarre choice to make Looker into a villain, especially when they also did a throwaway reference to Markovia, setting up Geo-Force.

12. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Not sure if it's the same Looker. The one from outsiders was a normal girl taken by a cult as the long promised chosen one and they used magic and a comet or something to give her powers and make her pretty. Which for some reason unnerved her husband.
    She has Psychic powers and can fly has some telepathy and move stuff with her mind.
    Then later they made her a vampire for some reason.

None of this silver stuff crap and even as a vampire she was never evil and she couldn't give people powers.
    So either it's just the CW slapping a name on a unrelated character again, or they are just making things up again.
    Or it's a ploy and they will introduce Emily/Lia later.
    How she looked in the comics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    They also made Jayce an insane nut
    [​IMG]
    The one in the comics was a bit obsessed but not evil. At least not till the end when she got possessed.

I think it's another case of the CW writers skimming the bio pages on a wiki and not actually reading any issues with the actual characters again.

14. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, thanks. I was totally lost on who the Looker was.

15. SmokeyPrime

I'm well behind :confused:  I just caught ep 5 there. It did by far the best job of balancing its plot lines and not having too much going on... and yet it was a meh episode that is the weakest of the season to date.

If Gambi died, it's another example of BL's big issue with killing characters for shock value. If he faked his death then, they just wasted entire ep on Jeff mourning for nothing. Either way (due to either it's lack of proper emotional build-up or its pointlessness) it made for a boring weird ep. I did enjoy the Tobias scenes. It is definitely mundane and thus underwhelming in one sense, but it makes sense and can open up interesting story developments. The Lynn stuff was alright as well I guess.

16. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    2x07 – The Book of Blood: Chapter Three: The Sange

- Black Lightning can camouflage himself like The Predator? Gambi thinks of everything. Except for a way to prevent someone from removing his mask and suit like Looker and her Sange minions did!

- A Confederate flag shown on a predominately African-American superhero series? That for sure will raise some eyebrows and create backlash!

- Jennifer and Khalil. The “Romeo & Juliet” of Freeland!

- Looker was even more fierce with those claws of hers.

- The fight between Thunder and Looker: Off the motherfucking chain with the song Creator by Stanigold playing in the background!

- Now that Looker has survived and in ASA custody, how long will it be before she recognizes and identifies Jefferson as Black Lightning to the ASA after unmasking him earlier?

- Jefferson finally finds Gambi and they have a tense, yet tearfully happy reunion.

- So Jennifer is something more powerful than Black Lighting and Thunder combined? Oh dear!

17. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    I'm wondering if the ASA's experiments on Looker leads to the comic version getting powers.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  18. GamerSlyRatchet

I missed it probably, but whatever happened to Khalil's painkiller darts? You'd think he would've used on Tobias in this or last episode.

19. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
  20. SmokeyPrime

Saw ep 6 last night. It was great and easily the best of the season so far. The main plot with the Sange and the Perdi was interesting, and it was cool seeing another original vaccine kid that grew into something more. I would argue though that they maybe should have dragged the mystery out a little longer. It was really intriguing and added a lot of tension, only to get all explained rather quickly in an exposition scene.

I loved the Khalil story in this one. His plot has been perhaps the strongest so far this season. I really enjoyed his fight with Tobias.

Lynn’s subplot was strong as well.

Gambi bring back does make the previous episode pointless but his new role is pretty cool. One thing I am iffy about with Gambi was his brutality & torture. I get it makes him a complicated character, which is good, but this is the guy who saw kids kidnapped and experimented on. When you have a character do something so horrible and then continue to commit vicious acts it makes them harder to like.