Black Hole Theory Revisited

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by dgold93, Jul 20, 2016.

1. dgold93

dgold93 Rainmaker

So we all know the outstanding scale discrepancies G1 brought us. Giant robots that turn into portable boom box radios small enough for a human to tote around? Megatron being able to get handled by his comrades in gun mode? I know this has been discussed on the forums before but since I haven't seen an posts recently I wanted to bring back the attention of black holes.

How exactly was Soundwave able to transform from robot to life size boombox? It has been explained that there was some sort of "hole" that most of his parts slipped into for him to be able to be shrink down 10x in size. How about Megatron? Where did the excess space go required for him to fit comfortably in Starscream's hand as a weapon? I think it's time we crack this case, Game Theorists style.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Individualized links to personal pocket dimensions into which they can shunt mass via super-tridimensional movement, resulting in proportional volume reduction while presumably preserving constant density and without disrupting neural functions.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Lucy Lawless told me a wizard did it.

4. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

Lucy Lawless is a very smart lady- she actually cured me of my Kinemortophobia, and she created cotton candy flavored ice cream.

If Lucy Lawless was in The Walking Dead she would have ended the plague in 1 season and killed zombie Chuck Norris.

5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Gotta love the direction this discussion is taking :lol 
    Maybe i should ask Lucy to cure me of my Cinemortophobia too.

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    If you really want to explain mass shifting there is a much easier and FAR more physics accurate way to do it.

E=MC^2

Energy and mass are interchangable. You can turn matter into energy. Energy can be stored into batteries. Thus if you want to explain what was only an artistic cheat, that would be better than pocket dimensions, which don't have anything as close to actual science behind it.

With a strong enough battery, a Cybertronian could turn parts of its body into energy and store it into a battery. Then when they change back, it could be turned back into matter.

But there are other things such technology could do. This is essentially the replicator from Star Trek. Thus they could use to to make weapons, gear, computer, anything.

7. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    This is actually shown in the G1 cartoon. There are several moments where weaponry flashes into a robot's hand. Ironhide doesn't actually reach into a pocket. He simply wills the weapon there in a flash of blue light, IIRC. That's fairly conducive to the energy to mass and back theory than black holes or pocket universes. You could say that the ability is intrinsic to all Transformers on a small scale...but the Space Bridge was an attempt to do it on a larger scale, which is why it needed an external apparatus.

Although the idea of Optimus shunting his trailer into a pocket dimension while Spike might be in it would be amusing...

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Victory actually had a sequence that pretty much supports this. Deathsaurus (Or whatever your prefered translation) had Star Saber helpless before him, but had expended so much energy he couldn't manifest his death cannon to finish him off, which normally appears in a flash of light, hooked into him. Instead it flashed and no cannon appeared, causing him to be surprised that he didn't even have enough energy in his reserves to bring forth his cannon.

9. dgold93

dgold93 Rainmaker

I think it's time we finally to take this to MatPat of The Game Theorists channel! We need to conclude this once and for all.

10. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    He'd probably be spending more time on how Daniel is actually Chip's son and how Blurr should theoretically be moving at the speed of light or something.