Black Big Convoy

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SydneyY, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

mmm im tempted just need the cash know.......which im currently short on, only a couple of weeks till my hoilday to Chicargo :D 

2. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I've got all three versions as well, and IMHO, it's my favorite TF mold, ever. (Brave Maximus and Devil Gigatron are 3 and 2, respectively.) There are many people who complain about how hard he is to TF, but over the years, I'm at the point where I can TF him in 55 seconds, as timed once by a friend.

Each have some aspects that I like. I like the Black overall both as a character and toy, but I like the menace that Nemesis has, with the dead eyes and matrix, and Big's gritty heroic look. (As mentioned, Big almost seems like a rustler.)

BTW, I did some "customizing", which I felt improved them. I popped the foot panels off Nemesis and Big, and swapped them, giving Nemesis black feet, and Big red ones, which I think makes them both look far better, and the Matrix that Big and Black have, which I think looks better as well. I also used the clear nail polish trick to tighten up Nemesis' ball joints, like on the head/shoulders. Lastly, I swapped Nemesis' tonfas, for some reason they're backwards from Black and Bigs, the left Tonfa is on the right arm, and vice versa.

I've really got to get around to taking some pics, and then getting a proper sig.

3. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh I never thought twice about Nemesis' tonfas. Thank you for the info! I should look at their feet, too :) 

But mostly I am impressed with your 55 seconds transforming. I am like 15 minutes and leaving the mammoth with gaps. I still haven't looked at their instructions.

4. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

i used to do that when i was little and they usally were transformered to a ok standard with only a few mistakes. But know i have to look at the instructions so i dont damage them.....especially if i was transfroming Big conovy he looks quite hard to transform

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    At first glance, he can be pretty intimidating to TF, but after you get used to it, it's not really that much. If you take off the beast exterior, it's pull the torso up, fold the arms into the torso and put the fists in the pegs, spin the waist, bend the hips and the knees so that his feet are at his back, and you're pretty much done. The plates on the outside that are the beast mode are easy to, once you figure out how to do it; it's mostly experience, not luck.

Also, personally, I store the gun on his back, with the barrel pointing out behind him, and the trunk down his back, like a tail. That aids in the short TF cycle as the gun is already attached to the back, stores the gun without him having to hold it, and looks good (IMHO). Plus, if you like the shoulder/back cannons that seem prevalent in Cybertron et al, you'll probably like that look as well.

There's a reason he's my favorite TF mold ever. He's so well made (IMHO). He may be a brick in beast mode, and his tank mode may not make the most sense, but I love 'em.

6. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I guess better late than never to announce that I am now the proud owner of a Big Black Neo Convoy..

7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Congrats! I got mine sometime in the intervening seven years as well. :lol 

8. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Congrats dude. That's a nice TF right there.

9. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Gas Powered Stick

My favorite Takara figure

10. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    one of my top figures

such an amazing confluence of design and deco.

11. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Aww, shucks guys. Thanks! Better late than never, right??

12. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Black repaints or clear molds are the only acceptable repaints to buy.

13. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Lol, this totally.